Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Rik Mayall :(

I just saw this a few minutes ago. Quite shocking, it was so sudden.

It's only now I regret that I knew him best as the eponymous Bombardier on those beer adverts, but I also remember him from Blackadder, and I've always been aware of the name.

Damn, 56. R.I.P Flashheart.

This is sad, Bottom is one of my all time favourite sitcoms and Rik can make me laugh with just one of his depraved facial expressions. Bless him, at least he effectively got a do-over when he survived that quad bike accident in 1998.

A customer told me this at work. We have lost an absolute legend, The Young Ones and Bottom were both amazing and he was a one of a kind comedian able to make people laugh not just by what he said, but also by his facial expressions. I'll never forget the Bottom episode entitled "Dough" with the trousers on fire scene. R.I.P.

Springy said:

one of a kind comedian able to make people laugh not just by what he said, but also by his facial expressions.

Case in point:

Really sad news. Definitely had a huge presence in my house growing up. I'll write here what I wrote on my facebook: RIP Rik, you complete bastard, may you forever be a young one, hopefully there are cobweb-free angels wearing smashing blouses waiting for you.

Sad indeed. His comedy partner Ade Edmondson's moving tribute:

"There were times when Rik and I were writing together when we almost died laughing. They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he's died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard."

I was a little upset about his dead too. I will always know him as Drop Dead Fred, a movie I appreciate more as adult than I did watching it as a kid. Man we have lost some good guys this year.

I didn't know Rik Mayall much to be honest, but I heard that he was a great comedian. I also know he starred in the 1991 film Drop Dead Fred as the title character Drop Dead Fred, though I didn't see that film as I only watched the Nostalgia Critic's review on it. My condolences go to his friends and family.

i recall seeing a few episodes of Bottom way back when, but i'm most familiar of Rik Mayall by his fantastic voice-acting for the old, forgotten strategy-game Hogs of War, of which i am a gigantical fan of. RIP.