Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sokoro

Few questions for religious people.

Why did the God create universe? Why did he create human race?

I scrolled to the right :-(

And...uhm... the answer is 42?

But, there are lots of Believers here, Brother. True Believers, too. God created the Universe so that there could be Doom. And he created the human race so that Doom could be Played.

And don't forget, Doomguy died for our sins, when humankind's sins brought THE DEMONS upon us.

Amen, Brothers.

Maes said:

But, there are lots of Believers here, Brother. True Believers, too. God created the Universe so that there could be Doom. And he created the human race so that Doom could be Played.

And don't forget, Doomguy died for our sins, when humankind's sins brought THE DEMONS upon us.

Doomguy also has more spiritual power than Jesus Christ. It took Jesus a few days to be resurrected. Doomguy can be resurrected in seconds with a console command.

Me and Jodwin actually came up with this crazy theory where Doomguy is actually a Rastafarian Jah Jah Man (Jesus/Jahve) who came from outer space to chase da devil outta earth and fight da monsters wit laid back peace & love ganja power, mon, and also fight against evil Babylon because he like Iron Lion in Zion, mon.

Well, I would imagine if you had infinite powers, you'd want to do something interesting with them. God apparently is a fan of creating universes in a way that we create maps. He even put together His own DECORATE coding to make new species. If that's what He found fun, who am I to question?

He did it so that you could earn your title & he created the rest of humanity so they could see that title.

Then humanity resumed scrolling to the right. Because reading.

Why are you asking us? Why don't you pray to him and ask?

Chances are he already did -and God redirected him to this here forum, in His infinite wisdom (or simply to get rid of him sooner).

Sokoro said:

Why did the God create universe?

I personally believe gd didn't create the universe, but instead is the universe. Gd has no beginning or end.

Sokoro said:

Why did he create human race?

The human race is a consequence of the universe.

I don't think gods created the universe. They're one with it, and were created at the same time or soon after the Big Bang. The human race simply came into being naturally.

I think there's far more to creation than just this plane. I'm not sure what I believe anymore, but I know I will never really know the answer.
And I'm okay with that, I think we were created to help each other learn to have love for each other. Also, If you look at most religions, they center around some kind of golden rule or quest for peace and harmony.

I also believe we "earth humans" aren't the first humans to exist. It's naive to think we're the only inhabited planet out there. Our religions may mean nothing on another planet of humans. Jesus might be our version of a Messiah, but on another planet, he might just be Joe Shmo.

I'm not sure there's really a Heaven and Hell the way we think of it either. No I don't believe if you're good you go to a place up in the clouds where everyone prays and plays the harp, that would be hell for me. Too boring. I also don't think Hell is a place of eteral punishment. It doesn't make sense to create a soul if you know it's going to rebel and get sent to ultimate destruction. Consequently, I think Heaven would actually be a Utopian society where everyone can have anything they want whenever they want and God's infinite power allows that to be possible.

Yeah, some deep stuff I know. Been thinking about it though.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

I also believe we "earth humans" aren't the first humans to exist. It's naive to think we're the only inhabited planet out there. Our religions may mean nothing on another planet of humans. Jesus might be our version of a Messiah, but on another planet, he might just be Joe Shmo.

Remember this quote from Arthur C. Clarke?:

“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.”

But there's something more. If the universe indeed had a beginning, there had to be some life form that was the "first" (if that has any sense). We might as well be it (I mean, life on Earth in general, not humans).

DOUBLE EDIT: Strange, image not showing. Ignore previous edit. Heh.

Inkie said:

God sneezed one time, and here we are.

That reminded me of a local joke. God was carrying a bag of dicks when he tripped and the bag spilled out. And he said, "Ah, fuck it. We'll call it Prague."

What was the question?

God said:

For fuck's sake Sokoro I'm not going to just tell everyone and give the secrets of the Universe and Existence away. Now stop shitposting.

An entity such as God would have a radically different way of perceiving things than human race. Whatever the reasons might have been, it's literally impossible for a human being to rationalize or understand that, because we're too primitive as species. That's also true for all other 'higher beings' (could be one step above us or a million) that might potentially exist.

You can teach a monkey that pressing a yellow button will give a banana and pressing a red one will give an apple but a monkey will never be able to understand anything beyond that. Same with us. We can only understand as much as our physical/mental properties allow. No matter how smart we get, we can only improve within the limits of our species.

Therefore, the answer to any of those questions would be beyond what we can comprehend anyway.

God is a bored, unemployed twenty-something who spends his time in his mom's basement playing Sim Universe while pretending to be looking for job ads on the Internet.

Touchdown said:

An entity such as God would have a radically different way of perceiving things than human race.

Not so with the Greco-Roman or Norse Gods: those were considered to have pretty much human "jobs"/specializations, desires and weaknesses, at least on a psychological level, and so there was a pantheon of Gods that appealed to everyone, from the thief to the whore to the merchant to the warlord. They were, effectively, Gods tailor-made to fit human limits, a quite different approach than the Judeo-Christian one.

I've always wanted to meet a true believer IRL and ask him a bunch of tricky questions. For some reason there are lots of them on the internet but outside of it I haven't met a single one. But then again I don't go out much I guess.

Funny recent video by my favorite youtuber - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMS3x9yZtGY

Maes said:

Not so with the Greco-Roman or Norse Gods: those were considered to have pretty much human "jobs"/specializations, desires and weaknesses, at least on a psychological level, and so there was a pantheon of Gods that appealed to everyone, from the thief to the whore to the merchant to the warlord. They were, effectively, Gods tailor-made to fit human limits, a quite different approach than the Judeo-Christian one.

The Christian God was supposed to appeal to thieves and whores*, but not so much to merchants.

(* Whether the actual Mary Magdalene was really a whore or not is not important.)

Maes said:

Yeah, that's also true for alien species. People often imagine that a highly advanced race from a different planet would basically be humans on steroids: same logic, motivations, just with super smart brains and insane technology. I think at some point (a single step up from us would be enough) they'd have completely different ideas, morality, problems and such.

Touchdown said:

I think at some point (a single step up from us would be enough) they'd have completely different ideas, morality, problems and such.

I don't know how far away from us this point is, but apparently 10.000 or so years of civilization weren't able to cancel out the basic needs and drives of humankind: surviving, procreating, and dominating those weaker than you, either individually or extended to your entire clan/nation.

God didn't. Its just easy answers to tell your kids. Religion is better to have for the community than a drug dealer. Religion is good for kings to fear, when the citizens fear the kings.

geo said:

Religion is good for kings to fear, when the citizens fear the kings.

What if the kings themselves are the religion? Divine right and all that?

Memfis said:

I've always wanted to meet a true believer IRL and ask him a bunch of tricky questions. For some reason there are lots of them on the internet but outside of it I haven't met a single one. But then again I don't go out much I guess.

I went to church on Sundays with my family a lot and the place was packed all the time. We had to get there a half hour early to get a decent parking space, and this was a mildly remote suburban area too.

I think people have a misconception that they're whacky nutjobs who are bent on converting everyone. Some people just believe in it and that's that. They're probably aware of people questioning their beliefs and keep it to themselves most likely.

God used up all his magic spells destroying his own creations that he's nothing more than a burned out hedge wizard. He's currently hanging out with his talking snake buddy somewhere in the Andromeda galaxy.

Maes said:

What if the kings themselves are the religion? Divine right and all that?

Juche all day, every day!