Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Z0k

Question about slade3

i have used from a long time XWE, but then i heard that XWE isnt a good editor for doom anymore (and well i start to believe that since i saw some new texture i have in the wad have the same name, or well weird symbols around their name for example fireblu@$%)

so i decided finally to use slade3, i though could be a good idea to follow the tutorial about how to use slade (because probably could be kinda diffierent as XWE) and honestly i liked a lot slade3.

howver i tried to follow the tutorial of adding new texture. So here is my question:

i already added 1 pack of texture to my wad, to add more i just do the same thing as i did in the first tutorial? (even if i have the textures from other wad?).

also how i merge wad with Slade3? i didnt find a tutorial about that one, but since i just tried to merge the textures wads to the "project im working on" i though i could have troubles with the "texture1" lump since some texture wads have such lump, what i should do in that case?

thanks to anyone who can solve my doubts

Z0k said:

i already added 1 pack of texture to my wad, to add more i just do the same thing as i did in the first tutorial? (even if i have the textures from other wad?).

If you've already imported or created PNAMES and TEXTURE1 lumps, there are two ways to go about adding textures.

• Open the texture lumps in both wads and copy/paste textures from one to the other - Slade will automagically copy patches across and update the PNAMES list.
  • Copy/paste the patches across and add them to your texture lump via the right-click menu's "Graphics/Add to TEXTUREx" option.

I'd recommend the first approach because contrarily to popular belief, it quite often happens that patches and textures do not correspond 1:1.

thanks for the help guys! i will give i try this noon since i feel that i need more textures in the wad im working, if something goes wrong i will post here the troubles i have.

thanks again!

so once again i have trouble with slade 3. with textures in pk3 i dont have troubles i see them in their original color, but when i try to see the textures from a .wad archive they appear in grayscale scheme, i tried to convert them and i still get it on grayscale.

i though if i export them as PNG to any folder in my PC i would get them in their original color. but still getting them on grayscale.

Any way to fix this? if not then i guess going to get XWE to get them in their original color if XWE still work in win 8 heh.

That's just an illusion of grayscale. Go to "Edit->Set Base Resource Archive" and set path to your DOOM2.WAD, that should fix it. Unless I'm mistaken and the problem is somewhere else.

@scifista42

SO MANY THANKS!!. now i can continue what im working since im going to need more textures than the ones i have on the base wad. i hope i dont have to use this thread again since im not too use with slade.

thanks again for helping me!

Grayscale pictures in SLADE 3? Set up the base resource archive or at least use the palette chooser dropdown.

Here's what you should look out for:

And here's where they are:

Spoiler

Of course, while I was uploading a flashing gif, scifista went and ninjaed me.

haha man i must be blind as a bat, i have to use EDIT > Set base resource wad, and i didnt saw the option was already there hehe. well that happen to me since i was using XWE for a long time until now. but thanks again i guess this should keep me busy for a long time without have troubles with slade since i only focus on mapping and textures its the most used recourse i need rather than decorate or any things like that.