Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darknation

In the name of all that is holy...

Ok, can somebody tell me why my webpage has started doing this?

The links are appearing as big red blocks... I don't know what particular form of HMTL mutilation dreamweaver is pulling on me now, but I'm begining to get really pissed off.

I'll dance at your wedding if you can help me figure out why. It's probally quite simple and I'm just being thick.

OK, nevermind, it's working now...

OK, get this. It works fine when I'm downloading it off the net, but when I try to view it from my hardrive I'm getting the red shit.

And the reason why I never offered the link is because HTML generated by dreamweaver tends to be really fucked up. I just thought it was a pretty common error that someone could say "Retard, just delete the <bollocks> tag".

http://www.teamdeim.com/acapella/index.htm

it won't display right because it's not finished yet, but you get the idea.

Heh...I don't trust any programs to make my html for me, though I may employ Frontpage so I can have frames. But I'll probably look through the actual .html file before uploading it.

Ironicaly, I'm writing this from my html class.

CSS is God!

Very nice website, can't decide if I like it more than the black/white one. That one was more grundgy, yet this one is more gritty, meh they're just as good. Are you going to use both of them for seperate things or is this one going to replace the old one?

the_Danarchist said:

Heh...I don't trust any programs to make my html for me, though I may employ Frontpage so I can have frames. But I'll probably look through the actual .html file before uploading it.

Ironicaly, I'm writing this from my html class.

I did my site in notepad!

Compile all html in... NOTEPAD.

Draw all your images in... NOTEPAD.

Write WAD files in... NOTEPAD.

yeaaaah, baby! Hardcore!

Don't laugh, but i wrote a large part of my novel in notepad when word decided that it was unregistered and took the huff.

Notepad rules. I can write in it without the spellchecker detonating, mainly because it has no spell checker.

I don't mind the spellchecker, it's that goddamn grammar checker I don't like.

I MAEK MINE MAX MDLOLES WIT MOTEPAD!!!$!"$65

Seriously, CSS rules.

Is that hard for these programs to make decent code or is it because you don't really know how to use it and ignore all kinds of glitches your development process originates?

darknation said:

I don't know what particular form of HMTL mutilation...

Seems like that mutation has gotten to you too ;)

Zaldron said:

Seriously, CSS rules.

Oh hell yeah, it basicly makes all visual designs that html couldn't do possible. I should also learn PHP, that would help me a lot with making web sites.

I use Adobe Pagemill, it's primative but fast. I have FrontPage98 but tried it once, couldn't figure it out, and deleted it. :)

Nice page DN!

DN: you already probably know this since you said the design isn't working right yet, but just incase: if you maximize the window in 1024x768 or above the mainrigt.gif image isn't aligned with the rest of the images and you get to see the actual background of the site in that little area that's misaligned.

Another thing I'm not sure about is that you could save some kbs by getting rid of the black/red bg image and making those gifs just look like they would normally. Then again I don't really know if a bunch of multicolored gifs would be smaller than having a seperate bg and basicly a couple 1 colored ones with a transperency.

Reason why I'm doing it that way is so I can use CSS to change the background (eg to green), change the text colour and the entire site looks totally different.

And this way i can align the foreground graphics that much easier.

Zaldron said:
Is that hard for these programs to make decent code or is it because you don't really know how to use it and ignore all kinds of glitches your development process originates? [/B]

Err...did you just run that through Babbelfish...because I have no idea what you're trying to say. You may want to rephrase that.

darknation said:

Reason why I'm doing it that way is so I can use CSS to change the background (eg to green), change the text colour and the entire site looks totally different.

And this way i can align the foreground graphics that much easier.

hmm, the best way of doing this would be to look up a filter that changes the colors of the background, I am 90% sure you could set that up somehow and give visitors a choice of color schemes. If you would do this people visiting the site wouldn't have to download a new bg and the change would be applied automaticly without reloading, on the negative side only IE 5.5 or above users can take advantage of this. Just a suggestion.

IE 5.5 FILTERS