Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

I've been away for four months, what's new?

NOVA: The Birth released.
NOVA 2 started.
Doom 2 in Name Only is done.
Switcheroom 2 not finished yet.
MAYhem 2014 not finished yet. :)

I guess one of the biggest events was the TNT2 project splitting up in two due to major disagreements in the team.

Memfis said:

I guess one of the biggest events was the TNT2 project splitting up in two due to major disagreements in the team.

I have just wanted to add it.

Devilution
x
Revilution

Memfis said:

What were those disagreements? And by splitting in two do you mean that there are now 2 TNT sequels going on?

From what I understood:
- Whoo starts the project, he is barely active most of the time.
- Soon Kyka joins the project and becomes pretty much an informal leader: he does most of the work on the texture pack, he talks with people who join the project and submit mapss, he edits their maps, he also contributes several maps.
- Like four years later Whoo suddenly wakes up, sends the current version to a bunch of friends barely related to the project, together they decide that Kyka's work sucks and drop him out of the project along with all his maps without even talking to him about anything. They then declare that the project gets a massive overhaul, start recruiting new mappers, etc.
- Obviously Kyka is pretty pissed off. Many people encourage him to forget these people and start his own TNT2 project where he wouldn't have to worry about surprise guests taking over. Apparently he made up with the old team though but they went separate ways.

So pretty good drama that was also spiced up by some unrelated things, like Bloodshedder suddenly realizing that Kyka has been a ban evader for many years.

Kyka is a douchebag and memfis is a known hater of anyone even remotely connected to esselfortium, so take his suggestive interpretation with a grain of salt.

Whoo started the project had personal life shit come up and basically became totally not involved. Kyka basically took over the project and ran it for like 2 years. Then some forum drama happened, Kyka got banned or some shit, and Kyka basically quit the project, then he unquit, then Whoo came back and took over and started asking for feedback and decided to overhaul the project.

No one knew what the fuck was going on, Kyka's stuff was pulled from the project since the team thought he washed his hands of the project, Kyka came back and pointed out that he had in fact unquit his quitting of the project, more drama ensued and the project was split in two after mediation.

dew said:

take his suggestive interpretation with a grain of salt.

yo

Kyka is a douchebag and memfis is a known hater of anyone even remotely connected to esselfortium, so

What's so bad about kyka? :/ I like kyka, and memfis, and esselfortium.

Might be a bit of an overreaction, but then again so was the whole snafu to begin with. Honestly, it belongs in the past and not dragged out of the damn grave by people trying to drum up trouble :/

Both the tnt2 sequel teams are pretty cool guys. They just have radically different ideas how to megawad.

But yes, MAYhem 13 came out, and MAYhem14 will be out in a week or two.

Memfis said:

-Stuff about Kyka and TNT2-

Honestly I didn't really like the work Kyka was doing on TNT2 judging by the screenshots and that repetitive looking theme of brown, red and grey, also a few of his custom textures were kind of weird looking and out of place if you'd ask me.

It's almost as if Plutonia gets so much love that even a project for a TNT sequel gets injected with its elements, I find it disappointing to say the least because there's not nearly enough TNT projects compared to Plutonia projects.

4 months huh? Well, the search function is still working... :P

EDIT: And welcome back!!

Avoozl said:

Honestly I didn't really like the work Kyka was doing on TNT2 judging by the screenshots and that repetitive looking theme of brown, red and grey, also a few of his custom textures were kind of weird looking and out of place if you'd ask me.

It's almost as if Plutonia gets so much love that even a project for a TNT sequel gets injected with its elements, I find it disappointing to say the least because there's not nearly enough TNT projects compared to Plutonia projects.

Well no offense, but the project thread is a better place to raise those concerns :P

Marcaek said:

Well no offense, but the project thread is a better place to raise those concerns :P

Well I was trying to lead to saying "I honestly don't at all find it bad that Kyka was kicked out of the project because of this" but I guess I just left that part out by mistake and made it look like I was only complaining of the project without trying to.

RottKing said:

back to saturn x ep 2 was released

hahahahaha

Wait, I know you're joking, but a public beta did come out.

Uhh, when? I wanna play!
By the way, not even sure how this whole "memfis hates btsx people" thing started, was it even me or did someone say that I'm a hater and I decided to play that role for comedy purposes? I already forgot. :)

Anything mindblowing like "I can't believe that did that in the doom engine" - e.g planisphere 2? Any excitement over the doom 4 beta?

I think the drama surrounding tnt2 did lead to an overall positive outcome though so there's no point in dwelling on it, 2 different takes on a modern sequel to TNT which means twice the maps to play. I'm excited to see how it turns out, also I'm excited to see BTSX episode 2, from what little I worked with the team I can say that E2 sorts out the criticism about variety that was lobbied against E1.

Memfis said:

Uhh, when? I wanna play!
By the way, not even sure how this whole "memfis hates btsx people" thing started, was it even me or did someone say that I'm a hater and I decided to play that role for comedy purposes? I already forgot. :)

You know what I discovered unfortunately? It was just a very convincing terrywad that hadn't been moved to the terrywad section in the archive. *sigh*

Memfis said:

So pretty good drama that was also spiced up by some unrelated things, like Bloodshedder suddenly realizing that Kyka has been a ban evader for many years.

I get the impression Kyka left, then changed his mind. Not the first time that's happened on these forums.

@invictius - Ty's given the archive a spring clean and chucked out the garbage, some of which has (unfortunately) been deloused and re-submitted.

There is a new idiot, who got the "scroll to the right" custom title.

Also, Bedlam.wad episode 3 replacement is still waiting for release even thought all maps were finished like half of a year ago.

Edit: Ah, it was actually uploaded to /idgames recently.