Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

zdaemon.org redirecting to bethsoft.com?

It wasn't doing this earlier today, I don't know where else to ask, why is this happening?

It takes you right to zdaemon.org now. Might have been a temporary weirdness.

Doomkid said:

It wasn't doing this earlier today, I don't know where else to ask, why is this happening?

Don't know, might be their way of banning troublemakers. The problem's most likely at your end, so I'd suggest you flush your DNS cache and see if that fixes it.

Excellent, thanks for all the responses, for obvious reasons I was a bit worried when it happened.

It's still happening on my end, but hopefully clearing my cache will fix it.

EDIT: Even after flushing DNS, this is still happening... I wonder if it's Optus, my internet provider?

Maybe they banned you for pirating doom so it's sending you to the publisher, haha...

But really, what the hell.

Ok, this ain't funny anymore - now googling "zdaemon.org" and clicking forums, terms of service, etc - it ALL redirects to bethsoft.com.

Any other Australians experiencing this problem? I would like to.. erm.. go to the Zdaemon forums, like any other nice ol' day, but no matter what I do... bethsoft.com.

Crasger said:

Bethesda must be paying them lots to redirect you, just you.

I NO RIGHT ITS LIEK A KUNT-SPEARACY OR SUMIN

Have you tried using an anonymous proxy? That should tell us if the issue's related to your IP address. Speaking of which, is yours static or dynamic?

Apparently, my IP is static. I've never tried proxy-related stuff, before, Ill figure out how now.

Zdaemon is alright, I get a lot of DM's there!

That could be either a "miserable user" hack, or some sort of weird malware.

Time to go to OpenDNS site and start using their DNS lookup IPs instead of your ISP's.