Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seznam88

How to enable Read This! option in DOS and Wolf4SDL ?

Hi people how I can enable option Read This! in DOS and Wolf4SDL ?
Because I can´t see it in Wolf4SDL and in normal DOS version of Wolf 3D in DosBox
Thank you for help :)

You need to downgrade. (I'm not aware of any patches to do so.) The latest version of Wolf3D removed it.

ECWolf reconstructs the missing data.

How downgrade you mean a game if yes I don´t know where I can find an old version of Wolf 3D.
But I see on internet that you can enable it with Wolf4SDL Source Code but I don´t know how to use this source code to change that things in it and apply it in Wolf4SDL and I need it this for Mods or new levels for Wolf 3D too like Areyep´s WolfenDoom and I can´t downgrade a version of mod because that mod is created with this version 1.4 so I need to know how to enable it in 1.4 version too at all how I can enable it in Wolf4SDL so please help me
Thank you for help :)

It's not exactly clear what you want.

• Do you want to play a specific mod (WolfenDoom) which is made specifically for version 1.4? If so, there is no point in enabling Read This -- if the mod is made specifically for a version of the game without Read This, then the mod will not contain a meaningful Read This either.
  • You want to make mods? Then I can only suggest that you make your mods for ECWolf, especially since you said you don't know how to use source code. With ECWolf, you won't need to.
  • You just want to read the Read This? Then I can, again, only suggest that you use ECWolf.

If you download WolfenDoom SDL version there is a Read This! option with the story of the game but if I download normal version of WolfenDoom and copy it to the Wolf4SDL there is not Read This! option with that story and I need to enable it by myself but maybe I think in normal version there is not that story in the Read This! option and that story added it to the SDL version only so I don´t need it to enable it because I get normal story of Wolf 3D which I can read at ECWolf and as I say that story in the Read This! option added it to the SDL version so is maybe but maybe really only on the SDL version so nevermind :D