Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

Guess what game I've got now?

Well, I just got through downloading and buying Hexen off the id website. Let me say this....
This game kicks all kinds of ass!
Can't say anymore....must play more Hexen....!
/me dashes off to play more Hexen

I don't play it becasue the sound won't work. Its a bitch to play without sound.

the_Danarchist said:
I don't play it becasue the sound won't work. Its a bitch to play without sound.

It never stopped me from playing Doom on my old PC... though it made playing on the harder difficulty levels very frustrating... to the point I *gasp* used cheat codes.

I hardly play with sound anyway. What's so hard about not using it? Badguys don't make any noise till they see you anyway, and I ALWAYS get the drop on the demon.

Um, there's JHexen...

I love Hexen. Too bad the PSX version is crappy though. The PC version is awesome! In fact, I might install it again and play it... That is when I'm sick of Morrowind and Daggerfall...

Weedster said:

Meh, never really been a fan of that series anyway.

Me neither, many of my friends think Im a freak because of it.

JavaGuy said:

I hardly play with sound anyway. What's so hard about not using it?

I usually don't play with sound, but I think it's pretty necessary in Hexen. The music and some of the atmospheric effects really set the mood.

Assmaster said:

Me neither, many of my friends think Im a freak because of it.

You are.

I kept the demo version of Hexen that I downloaded over internet less than 3 days in my hard drive. That game's gfx and the gameplay on those maps makes me sick in about 30 minutes once I played it. Especially I was stuck in ... the second level, which is called seven something. Hate that one >:[

999cop said:

That game's gfx and the gameplay on those maps makes me sick in about 30 minutes once I played it.

Hmmph, uhmm DIE

999cop said:

I kept the demo version of Hexen that I downloaded over internet less than 3 days in my hard drive. That game's gfx and the gameplay on those maps makes me sick in about 30 minutes once I played it. Especially I was stuck in ... the second level, which is called seven something. Hate that one >:[

The demo was missing one of the levels from that hub, and as a result you weren't able to complete it. Very stupid if you ask me, but the full game is definately worth it.

Hexen is absolutely great game. I bought Hexen right after it was released back in '95 (?) and it was the only game i played in weeks. The atmosphere and the scripted stuff really got me hooked. I still think it's a classic, one of the best games using the Doom engine.

stoned said:

I still think it's a classic, one of the best games using the Doom engine.

Agreed, but Doom's still far better imvho.
Btw, how do you purchase it off of id's site (never quite understood the system)? You need a credit card right? How's the procedure?

Dammit! I want that game!

999cop said:

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

I can understand someone not liking the gameplay, like Ling, but :

That game's gfx ... makes me sick in about 30 minutes

You sir, are an idiot.

The game's gfx r0x0rs!
It gives me such a giddy joy whenever I kill an ettin with either fist or axe (yeah, the fighter's my all-around fav character in that game!) or when I cut an afrit down with the axe *splat*, joy, joy! :-P
Not to mention the more atmospherical sounds.

Dammit, I wish I could just walk into a store and buy the full game!

You can walk in to a store and buy the game in Australia... they have it on the Platinum PC range down here, which is pretty much cheapo classics. If not, look for it on ebay (I scored Strife for $7.50us off ebay)

I played my way into the second hub on hexen back in my playstation days. And I remeber the graphics being very VERY good, a bit more cartoony than doom but fucking class anyway.

I got stuck after a while... I prefer linear episodes to the hub system anyway.

Hexen fucking rules. I had SO much modem2modem fun with that damn game... especially coop. =)

If some of you people really are too incompetent to finish the first hub Jeebus help you when you ever make it to the Gibbet.

GooberMan said:

You can walk in to a store and buy the game in Australia... they have it on the Platinum PC range down here, which is pretty much cheapo classics. If not, look for it on ebay (I scored Strife for $7.50us off ebay)

Yeah, but don't you need a credit card for that? How does it work?

Download encrypted package. Call id (the number might not be there yet, the Store wasn't working last time I checked), buy a distribution key with your credit card, run the package, submit the key, install.

elbryan42 said:

Um, there's JHexen...

My video card doesn't support it, if its the program I'm thinking of. The onl GL my video card will support is Quake 2, and you really can't see any difference there.

Well, I've been playing Hexen for the past 3 hours-it fucking rocks!
Especially the Dark Woods. Or whatever they're called.
However, it was still awesome, in the second level of the game, to see Korax magically appear and say (insert drumroll here):
"Greetings mortal, are you ready to die?"
And the Axe of Timon is awesome. The Fighter is easily the best character in the game, IMHO. :)

DooMBoy said:
And the Axe of Timon is awesome. The Fighter is easily the best character in the game, IMHO. :)

BARATUS SMASH!!!

The Axe will kill a Mage in one hit in DM, really cool considering you can always outrun the little blue bastards. =)