Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hekksy

World Doom League

The World Doom League has launched and is gearing up for its first season. The World Doom League is a CTF league headed by Ralphis and takes place on the Odamex source port. Team captains draft 3 players to be on their team and the teams fight to make it to the championship. If you would like to play in the league, play some damn fine games of CTF, or even stick your foot into Doom CTF for the first time, join us on IRC at irc.quakenet.org #wdl.

Also be sure to check out the WDL home page at http://doomleague.org/ to see further details about the rules and expectations.

I've really enjoyed my recent privs with other Doomers at the WDL channel - Join up people!

Doomkid said:

I've really enjoyed my recent privs with other Doomers at the WDL channel - Join up people!

It was really fun. I might just make a CTF WAD with a few maps for the WDL :)

Is WDL independent of the IDL that's currently stationed on planet zandronum? Or did that crumble and WDL is the reboot?

anyway, if I did participate, im sure id be absent for many scheduled games. Please record demos or post YouTube videos (preferably the former) id love to be a spectator. :)

WDL is on Odamex, IDL is still active too on Zandronum. I'll definitely record some YouTube videos!

40oz said:

Is WDL independent of the IDL that's currently stationed on planet zandronum? Or did that crumble and WDL is the reboot?

anyway, if I did participate, im sure id be absent for many scheduled games. Please record demos or post YouTube videos (preferably the former) id love to be a spectator. :)

It is completely independent of what those guys are up to. We're taking many of the ideas we learned running the IDL over the years, as well as a lot of cool new ones, and applying them to this new league. So far, we have top captains that have migrated over from IDL (like the reigning champ, Water). The WDL runs on Odamex and is a fresh start for a lot of people.

40oz, I'd recommend you come join us on irc.quakenet.org #wdl at your leisure. We'll get you acclimated and playing some organized CTF scrimmages and you'll be able to tell within no time if it is for you or not. Mostly everyone in the channel is very friendly and accommodating.

To everybody, you don't have to be an expert to get involved! We've had brand new players show up almost every day since the announcement. Just feel free to drop in and play some games with us. After playing, you'll know if joining our league is in your heart or not.

EDIT: Also yea, there will be streams

Last day for sign up to WDL. We have currently 35 players registered, you dont want miss your chance be part of first season. ;)