Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have any of you guys heard of this piece of software before? Can anyone speak for its quality or lack thereof?

Well they do seem awfully xenophobic, for one.
Also, they never at any point mention ESET NOD32 (Which I use), Malwarebytes, or Avast.

EDIT: Actually, take a look at these Amazon reviews: http://www.amazon.com/PC-Pitstop-PCM-102-Matic/product-reviews/B0046ZLW1G/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_5?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addFiveStar&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Wow! Look at all those 4 and 5 star ratings! This has to be good! And look at what those people are saying about it! Well, no. Upon further inspection, this was the ONLY PRODUCT that many of those 4-5 star reviewers have ever reviewed, occasionally with one or two other things like an SD card reviewed a couple of days after it. As for the 1 star reviews, they look to be rather telltale about the program's (lack of) quality.

Well, they have got one thing in their favor. They know how to advertise. (Look at some of their other commercials)

Linkrulezall said:

Well they do seem awfully xenophobic, for one.

With the speaker being obviously of Chinese descent? Heh.

I find the attitude of the average American is service people should sound like Americans. They usually give most Canadians a pass. I don't know how many times I heard "Oh, thank God you're not some foreigner!" when I answered their support calls. My response was always that I am indeed a foreigner.

I'd love to start a company that uses only Englishmen for support and see what the average American has to say about that. I'm sure there would still be lots of complaints about accents, but at least there wouldn't be the ridiculous cultural conventions of Indian support, like calling people "Mr [firstname]" and refusing to say any line that isn't scripted.

Anyway, PC Matic makes lots of claims that should get them removed from the business world: "never get a virus again!" Bullshit!

EDIT: spelling

Aliotroph? said:

I've love to start a company that uses only Englishmen for support and see what the average American has to say about that. I'm sure there would still be lots of complaints about accents, but at least there wouldn't be the ridiculous cultural conventions of Indian support, like calling people "Mr [firstname]" and refusing to say any line that isn't scripted.

It would be hilarious to see something like Comcast customer support with only American accents. I bet then people still wouldn't realize that the accents aren't making the support associates "dumb," but corporate bullshit/typical (inefficient??) troubleshooting practices are instead.

In 2006 a huge portion of Comcast's support was Canadian. The things they told PC owners were crazy. People called me saying Comcast told them they needed a new NIC (yes, they said "network interface card"). When I asked what Comcast had done to determine this they always said nothing had been done. I had them reboot their modems and they were happy campers. Sometimes I wonder if this was just a prank by some bored agents rather than a policy.

Man, Just looking at the thumbnail was enough. "Made and supported in the usa" This pretty much sums up what every American thinks about themselves, as the most skilled people and as the greatest country. I'm not meaning to attack Americans and I'm not saying all Americans are like this because it is definitely not true, but every time I see someone acting cocky and giving themselves way more praise than they should be, it always annoys me. I mean the other day I bought one of those Invisible ink notepad's for my sister, and written all over it was stuff like, "Proudly made in the U.S.A", "100% American Made" and all that nonsense.

The name PC Matic sounds like something from the 90s. And by that video, it sounds like yet another piece of bloatware you're better off without.