Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LEX SAFONOV

Shadow Warrior Total Conversion - 12 maps well done! 2 episodes now!

Hello.

Today I want to show all his creation, I'm working on for a long time.

Originally, I was planning to make a weapon mod, but later it all has grown into a total conversion.
Lo Wang - the protagonist of the game Shadow Warrior, struggling with different wickedness not only using kung fu, but not quite as Shaolin methods of micro Uzi, rocket launcher ...)

The mod uses a voxel model of the original game. All weapons\enemies\inventory well be done and now I'm working with maps.

Weapon List:

Spoiler

1. Fists - It's not just his fists and kungfu fists!)))
2. Sword - Sword too special, cuts the enemies at times someone just meat spreads))
3. Shurikens - Quite simply, to keep the enemy - well, did not hit - you can pick them up and try again to quit)
4. Micro Uzi - not quite Shaolin weapons, but very effective)
5. Missile Launcher - a very effective weapon with a large blast radius. There are 3 modes of fire, but to use what is concrete, it is necessary to choose the appropriate cartridges. Firing modes - easy mode, homing missiles and atomic missile shot mode, the latter is very dangerous in narrow and tight spaces)
6. Grenade Launcher - Effective weapon if you want to remove the enemy behind the wall. Be careful, this weapon have big explode damage)
7. Sticky bombs - Special bombs stick to enemies , lying on the ground on knocking the enemy.
8. Railgun - good hit enemies from a distance.
9. Guardian head - quite original weapon uses three modes of fire - single shots fireballs, fire circle and firestorm (shoots two balls that create an explosion behind him).
10. Heart - Probably the most interesting of the weapons, spawns friendly ghostly copy of Lo Wang. Life is not very much, but he fired off the rails, and hence the average demolish opponents outright.

Inventory:

Spoiler

1. Portable Medikit
2. Flash bomb - if you are surrounded by enemies, that an item will help you to temporarily stun enemies. It has range.
3. Gas bomb -  the best friend of those who do not like to fight in small rooms.
4. Calltrops - Do not step on them!))
5. NightVision - Look calmly in dark rooms, like a ninja!))
6. Smoke bomb - become completely invisible to enemies for a certain time
7. Cookie - cookies with a magic phrase inside

Screenshots:

Spoiler

1a3b2e642a436975ab4aaa6600a2b05f.jpeg
10dd08cf9d3cae4dda8def9cdbcf74bd.jpeg
2dffc9292b5681d7948c2ab4b2677eab.jpeg
2871d316dc77469f770ddaf2d54bf90d.jpeg
1ea9cc4ac380e26aca46e305c97093c4.jpeg

Last changes:
- Modification is now quietly connected as a resource in the doombuilder.
- Updated resource pack, more objects, scripts, maps.
- The modification itself was updated. Corrected the scale of objects \ monsters, the system of dismembering opponents / corpses has been redesigned - now it looks more colorful, but this is not the final version.
- Support for multiplayer (so far only cooperative)

NEWS!
Collected 12 test maps. 2 episodes. A little later I'll post it again, the whole problem is in the alignment of the light ... I have a bit of a trouble with this, unfortunately, I just make it less.

Link to pack:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1XkjLjDDo1eo9UqpNGZmURX_TwEOc7Buq
Poured on Google drive, because There is no access to media feed.

Startup Method:
(g) zdoom.exe -file ShadowWarriorBackup.pk3 -file ShadowWarriorMusic.pk3 -file SWMapPack.pk3

Split files, removed the old system. WORK ON ZANDRONUM 3.0!

The last build was without testers, I probably missed something, so I will be glad to your posts with errors. It's test build. Here not have fixes for fullscreen and statusbar.

Happy New Year Guys! Merry Cristmass! Love for all!))))

ENJOY!)))

Edited by LEX SAFONOV

inb4 a load of Lo Wang quotes.

Pretty cool, liked playing the DOS version of this. Will give this a good go.

Technical nitpick: It's not a total conversion if it doesn't have new maps. The definition of total conversion is that it replaces either everything making it something entirely new or replaces a little of everything (maps, weapons, monsters, music, etc.). Without maps it's either a 'conversion' or a 'gameplay mod'.

I went back and present to you a new build Shadow Warrior)
What's new:
Now the sword and fists are bloody as the original game.
altered an item
Remade system spawn enemies - play now easier
Altered enemies themselves - animation, action chosen in view of the original game
Added new enemies from the original game - invisible ninja, Momma Ripper, Sumo Guy.
Fixed bugs in the arms (eg Guardian Head avoid rewriting magic circle).
Rebalanced Weapons (but the balance of the game yet still bad, but I'll do it a little later, when I have all the monsters)

Oh, yes, download link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=36556929645067818141

Have Fun)

Nice gameplay mod. Seems loyal to Shadow Warrior's balance, though maybe it's easier to play?

Lo-Wang clones spawned by weapon 0 (Heart) are invincible and never die. That wasn't intended behaviour, or was it?

Hmm, Lo Wang clones are invisible in original game, but in my mod they not never die, just they have many health(300). (Sorry my bad inglish)

LEX SAFONOV said:

Hmm, Lo Wang clones are invisible in original game, but in my mod they not never die, just they have many health(300).

Well, I was wrong, you're right. So they're just very overpowered. They usually kill all enemy monsters before the monsters can target them, and win the fight unharmed. I've summoned one clone in Doom2's MAP10, and he killed all the hordes of zombies there, over 100 of them in total, before dying due to an accidental rocket hit + stepping on a corpse which apparently dealt damage. I've summoned 3 of them, then, and they seemed as an unstoppable army doing all work for me.

scifista42 said:

Well, I was wrong, you're right. So they're just very overpowered. They usually kill all enemy monsters before the monsters can target them, and win the fight unharmed. I've summoned one clone in Doom2's MAP10, and he killed all the hordes of zombies there, over 100 of them in total, before dying due to an accidental rocket hit + stepping on a corpse which apparently dealt damage. I've summoned 3 of them, then, and they seemed as an unstoppable army doing all work for me.

Now it is not balanced due to the fact that not all monsters are made before the end of (left to do 4 monster)

My dear friends, I am happy to tell you the good news!)
The new version of Shadow Warrior TC))

Download link:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=15443967782834921706

Alternative link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/umvovmr94u035s9/ShadowWarriorBackup.pk3

Changes:
All SW monsters are now ported, including those from the expansion packs(Wanton Destruction, Twin Dragon)
New items added
Weapons rebalanced all around
Monsters made all around beefier and rebalanced
Actually, rebalanced everything all around(still a long way to go until proper balance, like, about as far as from Los Angeles to Beringovskiy by a racing boat, but we still have something)

New Build My friends)

log'o'change:
-Guardian's Head glitches less
-Redid "gore system", ninja's deaths should look a little better now
-Lo Wang will now occasionally say stuff on:
--Fisting people to death
--Selecting sword and using it to sword people to death
--Selecting shurikens
--Picking up weapons

Link!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=55303160225001839380

Have fun!))))

J.B.R said:

You have any plans for tcs from other build engine games?
Cuz' you've got talent for this.

Yep, I love Redneck Rampage and Witchaven build-games)
(However, I can try to transfer content to and from other build-games)

Okay, so. I'm ended fix for zandronum now))))
New features:
- Game Start animation in original game now here too!
- Low balance fix.
- Added new monster - bee(original game too!).
- Fixed MissileLauncher, added radiation smoke in nuclean-missile and fixed sprite offsets.
- Fixed StickyBomb.
- Fixed for zandronum-only - DemonicSnake used A_Warp function in GZdoom version, now used special ACS-script for orbit-skull.
LINK!:
Zandro Version:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=50155575854147974975

Gzdoom-Version:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=37572774921208079932

Next Plans:
- Recreate Guardian Head(Weapon) - Now I know how create magic-circle more optimized.
- Balance Fixed.
- Maybe - Map-pack create, used original textures and object, and maps too)))
- Of cource - fixeds for deathmatch)

Awwww, my inglish is very bad, sorry guys)))
Does no one likes Shadow Warrior?)

LEX SAFONOV said:

Yep, I love Redneck Rampage and Witchaven build-games)
(However, I can try to transfer content to and from other build-games)

Does no one likes Shadow Warrior?)

I look foward to that and i like Shadow Warrior but like i said before we just have to wait, soon there will be a server for this TC on Zandro.

Ok, I'm create new build Shadow Warrior TC!
Good news:
- Guardian-Head animations are fixed and recreate magic circle(now it's normal work in multiplayer)
- Micro-Uzi Fix - created tracer and now you can not choose the second Uzi, while his not pick on a map.
- Rocket Launcher Fix(Nuclean explode animations)
- Balance fix. Enemies killed now easier (hit-scan monsters)
- Casing-spawner Fix.
- For Zandronum version - Fixed Gibs-actors(not autoaimed)
- Added Lo Wang Gibs(Head, Legs)

So, Links!
GzDoom Version:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=52491162786957333629

ZandroVersion(2.0 only!):
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=08544629915582832827

Have Fun!
Who wants some Wang?)

I honestly don't see the point in a Shadow Warrior TC, the original SW game is better off played via SWP port although the second last one which didn't have the save corruption crash which was either 4.3.0 or 4.3.1, I think I remember only 4.3.2 had the problem.

Hello my friends!
It's been a long time since my last release. In many respects, it is my graduate work at the institute that is to blame.
But this is lyrics, I want to please you with the release of the first episode!
More over - the remaining 18 maps are ready and are now at the debugging stage!

Last changes:
- Modification is now quietly connected as a resource in the doombuilder.
- Updated resource pack, more objects, scripts, maps.
- The modification itself was updated. Corrected the scale of objects \ monsters, the system of dismembering opponents / corpses has been redesigned - now it looks more colorful, but this is not the final version.
- Support for multiplayer (so far only cooperative)

Link to the pack:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bwccecma3bx7shf/SWBetaPack.rar/file

Start line:
(g)zdoom.exe -file SWMapPack.pk3

The remaining files do not need to be connected, they will connect automatically.

Special thanks to Kashtanka for their help in arranging the light on maps and searching for bugs.
Also thanks to + Ku6EPyXOBEPTKA +, N00b2015 in the search bugs.

Enjoy guys!

Using the weapons mod part of the TC with GZDoom 3.6 and also the newest devbuild results in a black menu screen and a completely screwed-up HUD.

So, i'm back guys!

NEWS!
Collected 12 test maps. 2 episodes. A little later I'll post it again, the whole problem is in the alignment of the light ... I have a bit of a trouble with this, unfortunately, I just make it less.

Link to pack:
Poured on Google drive, because There is no access to media feed.

Startup Method:
(g) zdoom.exe -file ShadowWarriorBackup.pk3 -file ShadowWarriorMusic.pk3 -file SWMapPack.pk3

Split files, removed the old system. WORK ON ZANDRONUM 3.0!

The last build was without testers, I probably missed something, so I will be glad to your posts with errors. It's test build. Here not have fixes for fullscreen and statusbar.

Happy New Year Guys! Merry Cristmass! Love for all!))))

Le 30/12/2018 à 07:50, LEX SAFONOV a dit:

Alors, je suis de retour les gars!

NOUVELLES!
Collection de 12 cartes de test. 2 épisodes. Un peu plus tard, je le posterai à nouveau, tout le problème est dans l'alignement de la lumière ... J'ai un peu de mal avec ça, malheureusement, je le fais juste moins.

Lien vers le pack:
Versé sur Google Drive, car il n'y a pas d'accès au flux multimédia.

Méthode de démarrage:
(g) zdoom.exe -fichier ShadowWarriorBackup.pk3 -fichier ShadowWarriorMusic.pk3 -fichier SWMapPack.pk3

Diviser les fichiers, supprimer l'ancien système. TRAVAILLEZ SUR ZANDRONUM 3.0!

La dernière version était sans testeurs, j'ai probablement raté quelque chose, donc je serai heureux de vos messages avec des erreurs. C'est un test de construction. Ici pas de correctifs pour le plein écran et la barre d'état.

Bonne année, les gars! Joyeux Cristmass! L'amour pour tous!))))