Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
keithktam

two questions on Shadow Warrior

Recommended Posts

hi guys. been playing around with SW, I faced a few gameplay challenges, and tried to get to a place like a SE wikia thing, but it does not exist, so hope you guys can help :) first, that annoying coolies ghost, how can i avoid them being spawn?? and if they are unavoidable, what the best way to kill this mother f****?? I found that the basic, sword i meant are so far somewhat effective, but when I ran into some other situations like they have a mixed bag of enemies types, that stupid ghost can be real pain in the a**!!! ok, the second, what that repair kit for?? and a more of a final thought, does anyone out there feel Lo Wan either run too fast or walk too slow??

thanks guys!!

Share this post


Link to post

1. Regarding the Coolie I usually kill their first form (the guy who holds the explosives), hold the crosshair over the corpse and shoot the ghost as soon as it appears (it's a lot easier then to let it roam and go invisible)
2. The repair kit can be used for broken vehicles - forklifts, tanks etc.
3. The running speed is ok for me. The same as in any other build engine game.

Share this post


Link to post

Uzi & RL work best against the ghosts. Sometimes precise fists/sword.
While the movement speed is alright, I find the platforming rather difficult. I keep taking falling damage quite often in this game. At least Lo Wang is the best swimmer of the Build characters; swimming faster than running.
I've got some questions too:
1. What's the difference between the regular fists and the smoke bomb fists?
2. Are there anything else changed than increased monster count in the skill levels?
3. Does constant strafejumping add more speed?

Share this post


Link to post
Patrol1985 said:

1. Regarding the Coolie I usually kill their first form (the guy who holds the explosives), hold the crosshair over the corpse and shoot the ghost as soon as it appears (it's a lot easier then to let it roam and go invisible)
2. The repair kit can be used for broken vehicles - forklifts, tanks etc.
3. The running speed is ok for me. The same as in any other build engine game.


I see. you mentioned forklifts, that made me think of the current level I am playing, level 2 actually, that bloody forklift has a gun on it, is it some typical SW design, everything get to shoot something??

Share this post


Link to post
ASD said:

Uzi & RL work best against the ghosts. Sometimes precise fists/sword.
While the movement speed is alright, I find the platforming rather difficult. I keep taking falling damage quite often in this game. At least Lo Wang is the best swimmer of the Build characters; swimming faster than running.
I've got some questions too:
1. What's the difference between the regular fists and the smoke bomb fists?
2. Are there anything else changed than increased monster count in the skill levels?
3. Does constant strafejumping add more speed?

That's true, but however the Uzi best used against ghost coolies and the Rl is best used against coolies.

The plataform is indeed difficult but once you get the hang of it, you shouldn't have much problems.

And now the anwsers for your 3 questions:

1. The difference is that you cause more damage with the smoke bomb with fists than without it.

2. The monsters are changed with stronger variants, i.e: Brown Ninja is replaced by Red Ninja which fires rockets instead of shurikens, has more health requiring more ammo to take it down, see?

3. No, it dosen't add more speed, unlike in Quake where you move fast by jumping around, that is a technique which is BunnyHopping and there is also another technique, the RocketJump which is done by aiming the RL or GL to the ground and shot it and jump when it hits the ground(explosion on ground for GrenadeJump) for a big jump or leap.

However you cannot do the RocketJump because doing so will either kill you or take a lot of health from you so don't do that.

And be warned that there are more ninjas in other colors, not only the ones i mentioned in 2. so be careful and stay away from those ninjas because they are very dangerous and will take away a lot of health from you or kill you depending on the weapons they carry.

And thats it.

If you need more info, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post

It seemed like that as the Build Engine games went on, ore and more platforming was added. I remember PowerSlave having several tedious platforming sections for example. Blood had a few too. NAM had some I think. Don't know about the others actually, so maybe a bad generalization

Share this post


Link to post
keithktam said:

I see. you mentioned forklifts, that made me think of the current level I am playing, level 2 actually, that bloody forklift has a gun on it, is it some typical SW design, everything get to shoot something??


weren't there two vehicles in level 2? I recall one of them being a stationary gun, and the other a broken forklift, which you can repair and use as a prop to reach a weapon on some crates. The forklift can't fire if I recall correctly.

Share this post


Link to post

hey. I am stuck with the pillar puzzle at the moment, not that i don't know how to solve it, but there seem to be some codding problem with the jump, is strange that i can jump through the pillars and when in the return trip not being able to do so.... i have died so many times... poor Lo Wang...

Share this post


Link to post

Hm, apperently you are jumping too earlier before you reach the pillars.
You need to run backwards and then run foward and jump so you land on the pillars.

Share this post


Link to post

What JBR said. You need to have the pillars close enough together that you can land on top of them. I've never attempted to fall through one but I never had it happen to me either. It takes a couple of times fiddling with the distance of the pillars to create a path you can jump across but it's very doable.

If you have been jumping through the pillars then you probably did find a bug and this is probably because fancy poly-objects tend to create them.

Share this post


Link to post
ASD said:

1. What's the difference between the regular fists and the smoke bomb fists?

Smoke bomb gives your fists a short ranged attack.

Share this post


Link to post
Kirby said:

What JBR said. You need to have the pillars close enough together that you can land on top of them. I've never attempted to fall through one but I never had it happen to me either. It takes a couple of times fiddling with the distance of the pillars to create a path you can jump across but it's very doable.

If you have been jumping through the pillars then you probably did find a bug and this is probably because fancy poly-objects tend to create them.


yea. i did jump through them on the going trip, and fell horribly in the return trip. no pillar been moved in between. i finally able to it out of damn luck, it has to be luck cause i did just exactly the same thing as before, i think i happened to leap on that exact spot where the "angle" of the hexagonal pillar's surface that was the closet to the other pillar i was intending to jump on...

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×