Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xfing

Are all the textures from Doom also contained in doom2.wad?

I still haven't started designing levels for Doom, but I think one day I might give it a shot. I do design Descent levels, and I'm quite stupefied at the fact that reasons aside, such a similar sequel axed a huge portion of the textures available in the previous game. So how's it look in Doom 2? There were several levels making use of primarily textures introduced in Doom, as they were originally supposed to be Doom levels ("Refueling Base" comes to mind), but Doom 2 also introduced many new textures, both industrial and hellish. So, is it possible to use all textures from both games when making a level without the need to import them?

Thanks a lot! That was kind of a noob question I guess...

BTW, another noob question: is there a way to turn down the music in post hell? Not that I don't like it, it's actually pretty sweet :D

I think it has something to do with your browser's java settings, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that's for disabling the flames if I'm not mistaken.

Zed said:

I think it has something to do with your browser's java settings, but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that's for disabling the flames if I'm not mistaken.

I know there are similar "countermeasures" on certain 4chan-like sites to dissuade "unworty" people from posting or even reading. Like gif graphics appearing on the screen and multiplying rapidly til they've soaked up your entire RAM. Creepy :D