Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dobu gabu maru

The DWmegawad Club plays: MAYhem2048

05 - Now this is something. A bit bare and crude in design: obvious middle textures attached to walls (you can see them floating), lots of brick textures I don't like that much, and the biggest problem - very noticeable border of the map that cuts off buildings and everything else, of course it makes things feel very superficial. But still, it's almost a legit city with parks, streets and apartments to explore, which is kinda neat. Yeah, the houses suffer from extreme crampedness but the level is almost like an adventure so props for that. I had some problems with the progression on the first try but that was mostly my fault as I can never remember the locations of keyed switches and doors. So overall not bad, just needs some polish (add backgrounds, improve visuals a little, remove annoying blocking linedefs on the fence, block the jump above the red bars if it is doable).

Map04 - “Rublev1” by Rublev
Well the final archvile could zap me from behind the pilar obviously placed so you can hide from it. So this map can sod off already. No this map just doesn't work. At least it looks reasonable and uses the space well I guess.

MAP05, "Mayhem Town" by Walter Confalonieri. Played in prBoom+.

Okay, I love this map. It's atmospheric, it flows really well and it looks like a proper town (well, a section of one at least) while also maintaining the abstract design that makes Doom Doom. It's also pretty difficult without ever becoming bullshit and lacks the overuse of monster closets and teleport traps that almost every other map in the set has, even the really good ones. I'd say this is my favourite so far.

EDIT: Oh, also, the secrets are all really fun. Good job on that, making interesting secrets is one of the hardest things to do.

Map05 - "Mayhem Town” by Walter Confalonieri
This is a pretty decent map. The cramp space and niggly detail does detract a little bit but this is a fairly pleasant urban romp. Plenty of secrets too and some quirky design choices where monsters can easily be missed. The atmosphere was pretty nice too.
This is better than most Walter C maps that I have played so definity a thumbs up for that.

Map05 - "Mayhem Town" by Walter Confalonieri

Deaths - 0
Kills - 100%
Secrets - 100%

Really enjoyed this map. Some interesting secrets (although the Berserk at the end is kind of useless). Some fun game-play with plenty of teleporting monsters to keep the areas interesting during backtracking. A nice looking castle type complex to explore. This is the first map that made me go 'wow, how did he fit all this into 2048x2048 sized area', because while it is cramped, there are many different areas to explore and the area available is used to great effect.

So far this mapset is basically classic Star Trek movies reversed. The Good maps are the odd numbers, and the bad ones are the even!

Uhm.. thanks for all the feedback so far... i'll see to fix the (few) problems you guys found...

dobu gabu maru said:

Side note: I'm curious what "annoying or aggrivating" map you're speaking of... I have two guesses but I guess I'll find out soon enough. I'm also curious to see if Demonologist will be enthused about any map this month.

I'm equally curious to know what your two guesses are/were, and why. One of them is probably right! I reckon I'm pretty transparent.

Map 05 -- MAYhem Town - 102% Kills / 100% Secrets
Must disagree with the general consensus, I'm afraid I don't really care much for this (although it's not 'that' map ;) ). Like many or even most other maps by Walter that I have played, it really hangs its hat on having a quirky, tongue-in-cheek atmosphere that uses little pockets of hyper-representationalist detail within a generally utilitarian/back-to-basics layout. To be honest, this approach has never appealed to me personally as a generality; I'm down with Doom's inherently mordant sense of backburner humor, but stuff like the Guitar Hero stick (or maybe it was a non-euclidean smoked turkey leg, for all I know) just doesn't work for me, and little fourth-wall grenades like the arrow indicating you should climb along a particular ledge are a minor peeve of mine (yes, even when Sandy does it!)--especially in this case since the actual progression route is very constrained. Perhaps I'm guilty of wanting the game to take itself too seriously, but that's the look yer lookin' at, I guess. It's not just the weird little Confalonieria that doesn't look right to me, either, though--it's the texture selection (particularly the upstairs rooms overlooking the graveyard), the squat little orthogonal buildings, the lot. I do kinda like the blue key building though, I guess.

Wholly apart from my own aesthetic preferences, though, I think the map's still got issues, most of which Memfis has covered. The 2048x2048 space has forced Walter to tighten up the mapflow more than he usually does, and I'll grant you that the map gets a pretty good amount of mileage out of its modest amount of real estate, but it does this by levying a highly prescriptive route on you--even though it's small, it's still a map on the basic town/city/village model, and it's disappointing to find that exploration isn't really a thing here--merely a thin illusion of it. Doubly so when the map arbitrarily stops you from doing things that it really seems like you should be able to do.....I don't see any good reason for not being able to hop the fences even though it's painfully, blatantly obvious I can tiptoe along their tops, for example. Sure, I'd have skipped the building with the stained glass windows that way, but, uh......so? Nothing important to progression is in there, nor any combat that seems like it's supposed to be a highlight, and I can enter the building from the other side if I really feel like doing so. So I ask again, why can't I hop the fence?

All my bitching and moaning about concourse issues aside, none of it would really matter that much if the combat was engaging, but for the most part it's pretty forgettable. At its best, it does a decent job of keeping things moving along by using some teleportation of monster groups into the street area at sensible moments, but at its worst, it suffers from that most pernicious malady to which 'realistic' settings are particularly prone--a lot of the action degenerates into rote door-corner-door clearing of stuffy little box-rooms. Even when the ante is upped in terms of monster strength, there's usually door of some kind to suck a lot of the fun out of the encounter.

Taken as a whole, it's mostly inoffensive in terms of pure action. In terms of everything else, I guess its whole schtick is that it's "cute." Well....takes more than cuteness alone to move the lump of insensate basalt that serves as this 'ol heart.

Map05 - MAYhem Town by Walter Confalonieri - Kills - 100, Items - 91, Secret - 80. Death Count - 1

Almost made a clean getaway, but got a little cocky with the last Hell Knight after I'd already dusted the Archie and was looking for secrets, and this blitzed my health enough for me to get dusted by the final damned Revvie. I was just going for UV-Max at this point and I swallowed a few too many Dumbass Pills along the way. And when I finally found the secret in that area, it was only a few health potions. Hah! Joke's on me! ;)

I enjoyed this map although I was completely freaked when I couldn't hop the fence after grabbing the Chainsaw -- which I never used. I mean, why can't I hop the fence? Because Reichsfuhrer Walter doesn't want me to? ;) That was so weird. It made no sense at all. Please change that, Walter, though I gather from reading above that you already plan to.

Some of the texturing was a bit odd, and some of the detail was fiddly and I kept bumping into it in the dark, but overall I had a fun ride. Lots of hitscanners, always fun for me, but of course I took a pretty good amount of chip damage along the way. Until I got an attack of the stupids at the end, the heavy monsters were very easily dealt with owing to the, as DoTW said, easy availability of corners and doors to camp behind. Even that first Revvie in the graveyard was easily dispatched by taking advantage of Doom Monster Stupidity, drawing it back from the opposite side of the fence, then running up, turning the corner, and blasting it as it marched towards you. But that's fun to me, because it isn't every day that I can outwit even a Doom monster like that, so thanks, Walter, for offering the opportunity.

I enjoyed the whimsical graveyard detail. Poor Jim Lynn. ;)

I guess the one secret I missed was the Zerk, or whatever was behind the door guarded by fire.

Anyway, I had a good time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I enjoyed the music track, too.

@ SteveD: Well, if it's about brutality - I hope you won't be disappointed.

@ dobu: I've finished the whole thing last week, I'm just writing things on daily basis now. And yes, there were good and even great maps. Oh, and wait for 28th.

Not a bad one, with simple but nice design, and the gameplay, albeit easy and a bit too cramped most of the time, is there. I also agree about interesting secrets, these were pretty fun to search for. And graves? It's an instant +100 from me, you can always win me over with graves. Also, burying Flynn, are we?
I didn't try to break the map or to use its exploits, so my only real nitpick comes from some really slow teleporters towards the end, sometimes I had to do quite a bit of running around and waiting for another demon ass to appear. Still, pretty decent effort.

MAP05: Farewell, Jim Lynn, we hardly knew ye.

Probably the first map to feel like it's larger than a 2048 box, to me, thanks to liberal use of outdoor space combined with lots of buildings. The buildings were indeed cramped, but there wasn't much in the way of difficult combat to be found inside, so it wasn't too bad. Not much else to add that hasn't been said, it has its crude moments and its "cute" ones but overall I liked it.

You can definitely cross the red bars on the wall before it lowers, if you're quick, getting you stuck.

MAP05: I stated this back in the MAYhem thread, but I’m super impressed with walter’s work here. Especially comparing it to his previous MAYhem entries, this one stands head and shoulders above his other works, being a competent, highly detailed town filled with a ton of nasty hitscanners. I ate lead more than I’d like to admit in this map (far more than Steve, to my shame), and it was a lot of fun to just poke my nose in other houses where it didn’t belong. Kudos to walter!

MAP05:
Much like with Orthogon, I actually looked forwards to playing this map again, as it is just lots of fun. I do have a couple of problems with it this time that I didn't have last time, like the fence being impassable when you're trying to skip the stained-glass building (when it definitely wasn't when I tested it) and one of the monster hordes not teleporting in (I think the one after the red key). The latter might be due to ZDoom, or something unexpected I did. Good Eternal Doom-esque music (or possibly actual Eternal Doom music...) and a great contrast between cramped buildings and more open outdoor areas makes for a very good map. I think it'd look better with more buildings over the outer wall - like, a 1024-wide "border" around the whole map with more architecture there... Perhaps even some enemies as well! Just makes sure it isn't accessible to the player and it'd be fine.

Tomorrow's map is another one to look forwards to as well :)

MAP05
Cool sandbox map(at least at the second courtyard)
First begins fun with a secret behind the starting door where you jump of a cracked window and find yourself in a plant yard with a chainsaw, these plants will probably grow to be strong and stuff, so that's why the chainsaw is there.(!)
After the chainsaw I proceeded to gun down zombies because the chainsaw is worthless there and if not, it will kick your ass. Making you restart the map all over again or the chainsaw will get you really damaged since the monster all almost come in groups. Where were we?! Oh yes; so I proceeded to gun down zombies for safety and things... you know... stuff, all while there's a sexy slime bug right in front of your eyes, after the gunning down the map gets boring, at least for a couple of minutes because then it's just hallways and then you finally get to the actual gameplay thing where there places to go and explore, I managed to get stuck behind the red bars and the red door simply by running onto the bars by the rock fence, I found it useful so I won't have to lower these bars so I jumped there as soon as I got the red key.
4/5 because the map is buggy and the hallways at the starts are boring but at the very least they're playable. And that's good because if it wouldn't then I would rate this 3/5 instead.

I totally have no idea why did I make this post so long compared to the other posts on this thread, well whatever. I feel like it.

MAP05:

It feels good to write something overwhelmingly positive about this map, seeing as the last two had some serious misgivings (though 4 was much worse than 3).

A brilliant little map which felt as Hexen as it did Doom, which wasn't a bad thing. I enjoyed the visuals and explore-y gameplay. I haven't played the rest of the wad so I hope to see more of this type of level.

Funny map, I like the theme of a small town in ruin, some nice details of decay. I think it tries to cram too much into the space provided, making for some really claustophobic spaces, I can feel myself moving my head away from the screen almost with the amount of walls i get shoved in my face. Visually its got some tacky textures going on, and the brightly lit exterior coupled with the dodgy textures and 90 degree everything gives it a bit of a cardboard cut-out feel in places. I was a bit baffled by the secret you access by running along a wall, as its clearly intended to get it that way, but is then given freely later on by another route. The only other reason for running along that wall is to try and get yourself stuck behind the red-key pillars, which I did successfully. Fighting is all pretty straightfoward, mostly monsters directly in your path, but there are a few teleport ambushes for variety. The amount of cover available means difficulty is largly down to how recklessly you want to play. But its fun enough, and has enough little nooks and crannies to keep you entertained.

06 - Good attention to backgrounds makes the world believable in this map: it is anything but a square existing just to be a level in some game. The gameplay is problematic though: low health with numerous shotgunners and strong weapons appearing lately is not a very good combination. The map is simply more frustrating than fun to play. More forgiving balance and a SSG right at the spawn would probably improve it somewhat. Also the rocket launcher secret seems to be humanly impossible to find.

It's always nice to see yourself with someone else's eyes, right, Memfis?

Map06 - "Serenity in the Air” by Memfis
This one's pretty good. Plenty of hitscanners here made sure my health will always be low, and that key battle was pretty hectic mainly thanks to PE, but I managed to survive through all this on my first attempt with all the bruises, anyway. So, the gameplay is more or less fun, visuals are nice albeit a bit too 'oldskool' for my taste, and good work with backgrounds that make this map feel bigger than it actually is. Never found one secret, gave up on that after some time.

MAP06, "Serenity in the Air" by Memfis. Played in prBoom+.

This is a really difficult map and it has several of my pet peeves (hitscanners in inaccessible places so you can't get their weapons, small arenas surrounded by enemies on all sides where it's impossible to avoid taking damage, Archviles in locations where they can easily bypass your cover and it's entirely up to luck whether they fry you or not). As for the design, it looks good if a bit sparse, but there's nothing that particularly stands out. I had to actually pay attention to the textures while replaying the map to remember what it looked like.

The final verdict: a slightly dickish, solidly middle-of-the-ground map that's better than most of the preceding ones, but doesn't measure up to Unorthogon and definitely not to Mayhem Town.

EDIT: Also, Pain Elementals in small rooms with no good weapons available are basically the most assholish thing ever. If you don't focus on them, they'll flood you with skulls, but if you do, the other monsters will whittle your health down.

Am I gonna need to keep playing maps in advance in order to keep up with our brethren on the other side of the IDL?

MAP05: Mayhem Town by Walter C.
100% kills, 4/5 secrets

Overall, I liked this. I think it's definitely one of Walter's stronger works - I think the Heretic/Hexen textures and forced cramped size definitely helps, as one of the complaints I've had with some of his maps before is a tendency for huge structures with a bad texture applied on the whole thing. There's also a lot of the sector detail he loves here, but it's thankfully mostly tasteful... the bedrooms and TVs look pretty good, for example, though the guitar might be a bit much.

This map feels larger than 2048x2048, thanks to some cramped buildings and a maze-y, linear progression that takes full advantage of the space. While the buildings feel cramped, the monsters are fairly low-level, so I didn't mind it as much. There's a bit of confusion near the end, I think because of lack of consistency in the switch/door/key setup - some of the colored skulls are switches, some are just decoration.

It's a fun little romp. Nothing amazing, but I enjoyed playing it.

A tough start to this map! Took a couple tries for me to figure out what my plan of action should be. I opted to dart for the Shotgun and immediately afterwards directly for the Chaingun, killing the Shotgunner on the way over and make my stand in that cave.

Head down into the water; this map seems a lot bigger than it is, and is pretty and well constructed. After heavy skirmish with Imps, Rev, and Caco, find I'm blocked for lack of Yellow Skull and head out. Find a secret Backpack (again, i question the placement of this item in any of these maps) and it's time to storm a room and face an even fiercer encounter with Revs, PE, and assorted riffraff to get the Skull. Good thing I saved enough Chaingun for that PE.

So back to the Yellow Door, I get a SSG and fight some Revs. Soon though I'm face to face with 2 Archviles and they just pound me into the dirt. Several attempts before I can kill them; shame I haven't figured out the Rocket secret yet. And after much trying, it seems I never will find that secret so i completed the map. Disappointed in myself there.

Final verdict: This is the strongest map in the set yet. Well done.

Deaths - like 14 I think (0 on HMP)
Kills - 100%
Secrets - 50%

I hesitate to complain about difficulty. Normally if something is too difficult to me it just means I suck and should lower the difficulty setting. Which I did, and did indeed beat it on my very first attempt on HMP which gave me the confidence to head back to UV and complete it as well.

But with that said I do think that there is too little health on this map given how many hit-scanners there are. It did feel like a bit of a luck-fest at times where you are hoping beyond hope that the shotgun blast or those pistol bullets misses you because there is bugger all health around to replenish that health. Replacing the rather useless backpack secret with a soul-sphere and the playability of this map on UV just improves immensely in my opinion.

I also had a problem with the Rocket secret. I opened it up in Doom Builder and as near as I can tell you need to shoot a ledge that is above the players line of sight, an impossibility without mouse look. So that was rather disappointing that the Rocket Launcher was inaccessible to me because of my port of choice.

Outside of that I did enjoy the map. Particularly on HMP. I enjoyed the architecture that was on display and the level layout was well done. The yellow key trap was brutal but fun and the map required you to be on your toes right to the end where many other maps in this set so far have quickly ran out of enemies.

So overall I enjoyed it and it broke the run of bad even numbered maps. Just put a soulsphere in there next time!

Map 06 -- Serenity in the Air - 108% Kills / 50% Secrets
Ah, here we go, this one is pretty solid. It's the first map to really take full advantage of the project allowance that architecture/scenery and monsters can be placed outside of the 2048x2048 play space, as long as the player either can't go there or is killed instantly if s/he does. The bounding-box for the play space is quite well-disguised; the iron gate with a path leading away from it to the south is pretty straightforward, but the west abuts irregularly against a couple of buildings, to the north is a dropoff to/vista of the sea, and the east features a cataract and a mountainous island in the distance. The amount of depth this approach adds to the scene cannot be understated; coupled with a much more coherent visual theme than the previous map (some of the Eternal textures seem to look great under the orange sky, while others clash horribly with it) and a well-chosen music track, the map offers a genuine sense of place, an ephemeral but all-important trait for leaving a lasting impression, especially in maps as small/short as these.

In practical terms, the extraneous/unplayable space also serves as a staging area for monster deployment; the most defined setpiece, the yellow key trap, sees essentially all of its threat originating from out of bounds, including a most inconvenient pain elemental who emerges from back in the stacks. The combination of elevated/unreachable monsters with a healthy amount of demonic ground-cover makes for a map with a much faster pace than most of what has come previously; you can't hold out at the start point (at least not with a pistol and 50 rounds of ammo), so you have to jump down and mix it up to gain a foothold--I found myself drawn towards the caves to the east initially, was eventually able to sort the situation out without deaths, although both ammo and health were tight at one point. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how to open that little dirt wall in order to get the rocket launcher, but that's okay, I didn't really need it--the only thing it would've been particularly useful for was the pair of viles on the ramparts, and I was able to keep them at bay with just the SSG without too much difficulty. The exit's a bit of an anticlimax, but this isn't a huge issue for a short map that's generally fast-paced.

A satisfying entry. No doubt I've said this before, but Memfis' style only really works for me when he feels like creating some kind of pressure via the combat, but as this map shows he's pretty good at doing so (and without excess) when he can be bothered.

Map04 – Serenity In The Air by Memfis – Kills – 100, Items – 89, Secret – 50. Death Count – 14

I really had no intention of playing this again, given that I was killed 23 times when I playtested it the first time. But you know what they say, “Man is not a rational creature. Man is an emotional creature capable of reason.” Or not, in this case., ;D

There is nothing negative in my noting that I got killed 23 times. There are maps in this set where I got killed more, after all. And I generally only play a map once, unless I'm playtesting for someone. But in this case, the map is so good and so grueling, yet also quite fun, that I decided to give it another go, and on UV pistol-start again rather than HMP. And allow me to confess that I'm a Memfis fan. But this is not the kinder, gentler Memfis who gave us Kuchitsu, this is Memfis the serial killer, at least if the victim is named SteveD, as opposed to the wizard, Demon of The Well. ;)

Once I knew I'd play this after all, I warmed up by playing 5 tough maps first, to make certain my keypad fingers were warmed up and my trigger finger was ready. As a result, I was actually able to survive the start, that nightmare of hitscanners and Imps, plus the Revvie who makes an unwelcome appearance, whereas I got killed at least 5 times in a row the first time through. When I cleared the opening on the first try, I felt a sorta good run in me, and when I managed the yellow key battle with only one death, I thought great things lay ahead.

Alas, those bold hopes came crashing down when I dropped into the water. Those squinchy little corridors packed with enemies are very unfriendly to untalented keyboarders like me, but luck was with me when an Imp fireballed the Revvie, and I was able to pump enough shells into Skeletor to take him out quickly after he finished off the Imp. I died 5 times before that bit of luck happened.

The next big event was racing out under heavy fire to grab the SSG. I could have camped the door longer, but it was more fun to run around and get killed several times. This is where I paid a price for leaving the 2 Revvies at the yellow key battle alive, because now they rained rockets down on me, and they were a pain to take out. I decided to use the single-barrel for the job since I was almost out of bullets, and I wanted to save the rockets for the Archies.

I was killed twice in the Archie battle, and those rockets did help me take out one of them. The last one hit me with a blast that I somehow survived, but it took me down to 12%, and that's how I exited.

This is an exquisite map, IMO. It looks terrific, with a wonderful job on the organic features past the boundary, giving the map a wonderful sense of place and of a greater world beyond. The structures and detail are outstanding as well, with excellent thematic cohesion. This is one of the best-looking and best-playing Memfis maps I've encountered, and that's saying something given his consistently high standard.

Of course, the rocket launcher secret was pure bullshit and should be changed, not only for the bizarre switch, but for the annoying path through the barrels to reach the RL, which does not itself give you secret credit, since you have to go a little farther to get some ammo in the true secret sector.

That's really my only complaint. Yes, health is a bit scarce, and so is ammo, though I had less Ammo Stress this time than my first run-through, due in part to leaving those Revvies alive at the yellow key battle. This map means to push the player on UV, and that's fine with me. The music track is also very nice, with good mood and groove, all helping to make this one of the best maps in the megawad.

MAP06:

Looks lovely, has nice BGM and, coming into the map with an SSG and a load of shells from the previous maps, actually is pretty easy too! I remember from a pistol start it was an exercise in desperately trying to not get shot after the start took me down to something like 10% health, so it goes to show how much a powerful weapon can make a difference. I still haven't bothered working out the Rocket Launcher secret, but from all accounts it's convoluted enough that I'm making the right choice. One thing I would change in this map is to use monster blocking lines to stop that cacodemon in the second half of the map from being blasted off into infinity by an SSG shot or two and becoming un-killable (even in ZDoom) for a length of time just due to sheer distance from the player (as in, hitscans didn't reach far enough). Overall though, probably the apex of the map set thus far.

MAP06
Intense start and traps on normal items : Wanna grab some armor? TRAP! Want the yellow sku...wait, that makes sence, all though I managed to grab it without activating the trap, :3
Reminds me of my style at 1024abc with that intence start(as suitpee called it anyways)
4/5 because the intence start was boring; you just go into the alcove and start sniping.

This is quite a visual treat, not that you get any time for sightseeing as straight away you are surrounded by everything and its trying to kill you. A very fun start with so many ways to tackle it, but its also pretty harsh. I found that the tiny amount of health lying around wasn't enough to keep up with the amount of enemy fire I was having to soak up, grabbing the armour threw a rev into the mix which was a bad idea if there was still a lot of stuff running around, and going anywhere further into the map was certain death without a bit of foreknowledge and preparation. After clearing the first area I was limping along, the yellow key fight only gave enough health to barely scrape through it, which meant I had no chance of dealing with the fight in the caves. I had to keep starting again and again until i had a lucky start without taking massive hitscan damage. Its a shame because the fights are great and the layout is perfect for some chaotic fighting with loads of choices, but the lack of health says fuck you, do it perfectly or not at all.

So anyway, i limped my way through the rest of the map, couldn't figure out how to get the rocket launcher. Its a gorgeous map, just goes to show what it possible within the limits, the outer inacessible areas give a sense of scope and mystery. Fantastic stuff, just needed one more medkit somewhere in the starting area for me. I managed to grab the yellow key one time without activating the trap, I imagine thats been covered by other people though.

MAP06: Cute name for a map with an absolutely hellish start. In fact the whole map stays really brutal, only giving you bandages for your wounds when it plans to rip them right off shortly thereafter. Great architecture by Memfis and sublime level-flow—the dual AV seemed abnormally cruel at first but was an interesting struggle to work out. Great, harsh map.

Also it was funny reading through how everyone complained about the RL secret and I don't think I even realized there was an RL on the map hehe

dobu gabu maru said:

[B]Also it was funny reading through how everyone complained about the RL secret and I don't think I even realized there was an RL on the map hehe

First, he hides it in the dark behind all those barrels while you're facing Manc fire, and then the switch is outside in the Tanrock wall, but you can only see the very top of the brown switch texture, meaning you need remarkable abilities to spot the upper 8 units of the brown switch in a field of brownness, or you need to open DB2 to figure it out, like Phil did, and me as well. And then you need a port with mouselook to shoot the damned thing. PRBoomers, fuck you! ;D

smh.

SteveD said:

First, he hides it in the dark behind all those barrels while you're facing Manc fire, and then the switch is outside in the Tanrock wall, but you can only see the very top of the brown switch texture, meaning you need remarkable abilities to spot the upper 8 units of the brown switch in a field of brownness, or you need to open DB2 to figure it out, like Phil did, and me as well. And then you need a port with mouselook to shoot the damned thing. PRBoomers, fuck you! ;D

smh.

So I could have justifiably written "DOES NOT WORK IN INTENDED SOURCE PORT"? Ah well, missed the opportunity, maybe I'll get another.

SteveD said:

smh.

Ahhh, so I was right in how i read the map editor. (not familar with Boom editing)

It just screams bad design to me to have a secret not accessible in its intended source port. If it was a Zdoom collection, sure, no problem. But for a Boom collection, thats just silly.