Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomkid

How to play MULTIPLAYER DOOM - TUTORIAL & INFO!

Doomseeker and DE ping the same master servers and thus get the same lists. It does not matter which program you use unless your browser supports one port the other does not. In your case, DE would have the advantage of also seeing ZDaemon servers because DS does not support ZDaemon. 

8 hours ago, Heks said:

Doomseeker and DE ping the same master servers and thus get the same lists. It does not matter which program you use unless your browser supports one port the other does not. In your case, DE would have the advantage of also seeing ZDaemon servers because DS does not support ZDaemon. 

Sweet, I thought that may have been the case after I thought about my response a while later. Cheers for the info!

20 hours ago, Crackers0106 said:

How do I create a LAN server on vanilla so I can play locally?

I found doomseeker easy as pie to install and fairly easy to explain to others too, though since you are local you wont need to. Watch a tutorial on setting up doomseeker and a LAN server should be pretty easy to figure out

This tutorial is awesome, i can finally find people to play and servers with low ping across all three main multiplayer ports without having to use separate launchers.

Hope you don't mind if i make a spanish video tutorial of the IDE method. Does IDE support language packs though?

On 1/15/2019 at 3:41 PM, Crackers0106 said:

How do I create a LAN server on vanilla so I can play locally?

If you mean through DosBox, this should help: https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/connectivity

After that starting/joining a game using SETUP.EXE that comes with Doom and Doom2 is simple. If you get stuck somewhere let me know.

28 minutes ago, -TDRR- said:

This tutorial is awesome, i can finally find people to play and servers with low ping across all three main multiplayer ports without having to use separate launchers.

Hope you don't mind if i make a spanish video tutorial of the IDE method. Does IDE support language packs though?

I’m not sure, bond would be the man to ask. A Spanish video would be excellent, I know following a walkthrough is probably a pain in the ass for people who don’t speak English natively!

On 1/16/2019 at 7:59 AM, -TDRR- said:

Does IDE support language packs though?

Yes it does: download Default language file for Doom Explorer and use delang_eng.ini as template for you translation.

There is Spanish translation for IDE alreday - though it is outdated and doesnt fit Doom Explorer, it can be used as example.

If you make this file - send it to me ( or link to it ), i'll put it on download page