Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Marnetmar

Old Doom Commercials

I remember finding the Ultimate DOOM radio advert on rome.ro back in 2003 and thought it was fucking epic. I didn't know about the fucking DOOM II TV commercial-that is awesome.

They really make the game look fun, that's really nice that Doom had six ads! Really warms my heart.
Nowadays you just push a game onto steam, and WHOA, it's now a commercial.

Wow, I thought that the Knee Deep In ZDoom intro was an original thing. Didn't realise it was from an old Doom radio advert, awesome!

Wow. I went for nearly 20 years without even knowing that Doom needed, let alone had any TV ads. I'd say the preacher one was the most effective, for me. The others....meh. They just reek of that "console bad boy attitude" or "gritty cyberpunks playing on REAL game consoles!" image that especially Sega tried to convey.

The SNES commercial however could've very well been a trailer to the Doom movie "the way it was meant to be".

Considering how AWFUL (yet amazing) most late 80's/90's game commercials were, like that piece of shit Legend of Zelda rap ad for example, Doom actually got some decent treatment. The commercials are funny, interesting, and represent the game well.

Overall the best would have to be the radio advert.

The SNES ad leads you on that something awesome going to happen... and then it doesn't. The 32X is Sega's typical nonsensical garbage 90's ads. Jaguar is pretty badass, though.

The title says "Old Doom Commercials", are there new doom commecials too? That would be so cool.

Not much of a commercial i think but a really cool video. Gotta love Romero's mullet.

Holy shit that Jaguar commercial was awesome. If I was still a kid and saw that I'd be begging mom and dad for weeks. Then I'd probably get smacked.

Guest Unregistered account
Technician said:

God I miss 90's advertising.

Kids these days... They'll never know.

(I may have said this too much before already)

I'm 13!

Technician said:

I know man, I miss the so bad it's good quality from commercials from the 90s. These days, you get a flashy commercial that often doesn't show gameplay footage, just a fancy commercial with footage created to make the game look much better than it truly might be.

Technician said:

Yeah, it's not like they could go on this fancy site called "YouTube" and "Look up" these "90's Advertisements" of which you speak, or perhaps "Accidentally stumble across" them in the "related videos".
Are you one of those guys that likes to whinge about how much this generation sucks on youtube and buzzfeed all the time?

That aside, I'd have to say that my favorite out of all of these is the Jaguar one, and it's a shame it's not more well known.

Nothing can beat the jaguar doom commercial, but I also like the Doom2 commercial.

joe667: When I first got a DW account I was 13 and I wasn't shit-posting that I'm 13 everywhere.

joe-ilya said:

When I first got a DW account I was 13 and I wasn't shit-posting that I'm 13 everywhere.

You didn't have to. It was obvious.

Megalyth said:

You didn't have to. It was obvious.

Uh, OK.

The Doom2 ad is cool but and when the scene with the people playing it showed up, it looked like they were on some acid or maybe drank too much coffee and then a guy gets shizophrenia and thinks his PC just ate him, heh.

joe-ilya said:

The Doom2 ad is cool but and when the scene with the people playing it showed up, it looked like they were on some acid or maybe drank too much coffee and then a guy gets shizophrenia and thinks his PC just ate him, heh.

Yes, I also found that the scene when they hit the screen with their noses, repeatedly hitting the same key staccato and stirring their mouses did not actually represent typical Doom playing for me.

All these descriptions of that last commercial are making me laugh.. I honestly lol'd when I saw the computer eat the guy.. Such hilarious goofy advertising.

Honestly, that kid in the last ad there is creepy as fuck. I actually thought he was some sort of marionette at first.

Linkrulezall said:

Yeah, it's not like they could go on this fancy site called "YouTube" and "Look up" these "90's Advertisements" of which you speak, or perhaps "Accidentally stumble across" them in the "related videos".
Are you one of those guys that likes to whinge about how much this generation sucks on youtube and buzzfeed all the time?

thats_the_joke.avi you dumb millennial.

Hadn't seen that doom 2 and doom snes commercials, I only knew that atari jaguar and radio commercials

Technician said:

YOUTUBE VIDEO

The 90's were better because we got off our asses and did things outside instead of sit on our asses indoors and make guys like this instantaneous millionaires because we watch their videos and do nothing else all day.

You know who got of their asses more?
The 80's.
The 70's.
The 60's.
The 50's.
The 40's.
The 30's.