Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mouldy

Floating decorations in prboom+

For some reason in prboom there are a few decorations that don't seem to be attached to the floor, so they stay floating in mid air when the floor lowers. Any idea why that might be?

The decorations are pool of blood, pool of brains, and pool of blood and guts. Everything else seems fine.

This is the same in vanilla, so it's not a PrBoom+ bug.

They all have the "visible untouchable" (aka NOBLOCKMAP) flag set, whereas other gore decorations don't, so I guess that makes them not move at all. If you really wanted you could fix it with a small Dehacked patch.

e: they also stay put if you raise the floor too, which can look just as strange sometimes.

How silly... oh well just have to avoid those decorations I guess. How come prboom doesn't fix it like zdoom does?

mouldy said:

How silly... oh well just have to avoid those decorations I guess. How come prboom doesn't fix it like zdoom does?

Painstaking attention given to demo compatibility.

You can use them in areas that don't move up or down, or you can add a few lines in a dehacked lump to remove the offending flag.

Gez said:

Painstaking attention given to demo compatibility.

One of the most obvious bugs on id's side that you must not fix in source ports if you want to retain demo compatibility. :/

Gez said:

you can add a few lines in a dehacked lump to remove the offending flag.

I might give that a try if its easy to work out. The entire floor of my map is moving, so it looks like pools of blood and brains are spontaneously rising into the air. Quite surreal

I think a good compromise would be for prboom/prboom+ to have a compatibility flag for this.