Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Man kickstarts to get $10 to make potato salad

reality 2.0 said:

why.... just why.

Because things like this become viral when people like geo infect the rest of the internet with it and if even 1% of the people viewing it are willing to spend $15 for a laugh the problem compounds itself as it proliferates.

You could send "$10" to feed a starving human in a foreign land through a reputable charity. I dismiss this heap of responses.

TheCupboard said:

You could send "$10" to feed a starving human in a foreign land through a reputable charity. I dismiss this heap of responses.

You could, sure. But it's not funny.

Yes, we, the internet appear to have a multitude of geos who are willing to let this thing grow into a mockery of itself.

"It's not valuable if it's not to my amusement."

The fact of "at least knowing the person will follow through" is not the end all be all.

Alright, according to Technician's standard, giving money to this is probably more stupid than the "stupider shit [that] got funded," previously.

Quast said:

Because things like this become viral when people like geo infect the rest of the internet with it and if even 1% of the people viewing it are willing to spend $15 for a laugh the problem compounds itself as it proliferates.

Wasnt me. Kid was on his local news.

With over 160 backers at the Platinum Level ("Hang out in the kitchen with me while I make the potato salad"), he's going to need that party hall.

If these are the "new technologies" and "new opportunities" that will supposedly save the economy....goodnight.

EDIT: Appearently Thecupboard took the previous post too serious, let's make this thread a better place.

joe-ilya said:

That's cool!

No, it's not, you are a confounded idiot to think otherwise.

TheCupboard said:

Depends which side of the wallet/pledged money you are on.

TheCupboard said:

These dumb people don't deserve the money anyways, so why doubt it if they just throw it like filthy rich people?

Really Maes, you're going to let this noob enter this thread and say "that's cool" just because LOL it's potato salad. Really. He is justified in saying "that's cool". Who cares what connotations he meant by "that's cool"? That's a fucking retarded comment to post on this forum.

joe-ilya, I don't think you would rather give money to a privileged white boy to help him make potato salad instead of giving to a starving foreigner who MIGHT be helped by a select charity of your choice, I think there might be hope for you.

TheCupboard said:

Really Maes, you're going to let this noob enter this thread and say "that's cool" just because LOL it's potato salad. Really. He is justified in saying "that's cool". Who cares what connotations he meant by "that's cool"? That's a fucking retarded comment to post on this forum.

joe-ilya, I don't think you would rather give money to a privileged white boy to help him make potato salad instead of giving to a starving foreigner who MIGHT be helped by a select charity of your choice, I think there might be hope for you.

Tell the guy who's responsible for the potato thing to give (some of) that money to people who actually need it. You don't have to tell me that, every dollar in my parents house counts towards something(government, bills, food, drink and more)
And how did my little comment offend you? It's the same as posting a dot and then getting a whole page for it.

Uhh I kind of dislike these "you should have donated to charities instead" arguments. You could say the same about yourself everyday probably, like when you bought that orange juice yesterday. You didn't really need it, bought it just on a whim. Ohhh you bastard, why don't you think about starving children if Africa? They are dying there and here you are drinking this stupid juice. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Stop teaching people how they should spend their money. It's their money.

Yeah, but I don't also go about posting threads and mongoloid kickstarter projects proclaiming my ignorance to the greater world. This "project" is raising money for a nonexistent purpose except to help some idiot's pocket.

Wow you are a better person than him because he posted a link and stated a fact, congratulations. :D

also i'm telling you how to spend your money right
edit: You veered off somewhere in the middle of your power-play.

I haven't eaten anything in past 3 days. Although I'm not from Afrika, will you donate $10 for me please?

1)Get an electonic device
2)Find some internet
3)Post on the net that you need money for some random shit
4)Profit.

Maes said:

If these are the "new technologies" and "new opportunities" that will supposedly save the economy....goodnight.

10% of whatever that kid raises will be paid as fees to Amazon and Kickstarter, so he's doing his bit to keep the online economy ticking over.

j4rio said:

I haven't eaten anything in past 3 days. Although I'm not from Afrika, will you donate $10 for me please?

If you like potato salad, I could pledge for some on your behalf.

Ask money outside for food and people become angry at you.

I need to buy orange juice today. Anyone want to give me money for it?

GreyGhost said:

10% of whatever that kid raises will be paid as fees to Amazon and Kickstarter, so he's doing his bit to keep the online economy ticking over.

But is there real wealth generated in the process, or is simply money shuffled around? It's a bunch of (mostly) American guys giving money to other American guys. Sure, if you factor in the taxes, it was a good way to part some 3,274 fools from their money.

Jimi said:

Ask money outside for food and people become angry at you.

Asking for money on kickstarter is more hip and, most importantly, there's no BO, meth teeth or rotgut wine breath involved ;-)

Maes said:

But is there real wealth generated in the process, or is simply money shuffled around?

Making potato salad is a value adding process, so I'd say he's generating real wealth, though for $30k there had better be more than one bowl of the stuff.

TheCupboard said:

also i'm telling you how to spend your money right

I guess the only 'right' way of spending money is the way you want it to be spent.

I would rather donate $10 for this potato salad than for the starving kids in Africa because throwing money in that continent won't fix the problems.