Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooM_RO

Check out this awesome retro FPS reviewer I found

Hey Doomworlders,

A little while ago I found this really cool reviewer of old FPS titles such as Wolf 3D, Doom, Quake, more underrated titles such as Operation:Bodycount and SiN but also newer games like Wolfenstein: The New Order

I really like that he has a balanced opinion and won't say that a game is automatically better simply because it is old and doesn't use obnoxious Pewdiepie humour to attract viewers. If you are thinking about getting a new perspective on an older game or if you want to know whether a new shooter is any good, this guy is the person to listen to.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKlUrYO3i9MDlL45Ia6j5EA

OMG a fellow 'strayan! And he even has a very similar taste in FPS's as me! And unlike me, he got off his fat ass and actually made a youtube channel just like I wanted to :/

I like my old games just the way they are. Why should I accommodate an outside youtubber's opinion to substitute my own? Sure, this guy may have some great points but he needs to get in touch with the current Doom community instead of creating a grand show of himself. We've been around forever. He's been around for 3 years, maximum.

One day doomworld is going to have to deal with the fact that liking Brutal Doom isn't a controversial opinion outside of our little world.

Yeah, I don't think anyone is unaware of that. On the other hand, I think it's kind of weird to hang out in a forum for a twenty years old game and expect people to conform to popular trends in relation to that specific game genre.

I get that you personally are just there because you've been here for a while and you probably think of the place as the local pub rather than a Doom community, but are you really so close-minded you can't see many other people are here because they like Doom? Most active members reg dates should be a big hint.

Captain Red said:

One day doomworld is going to have to deal with the fact that liking Brutal Doom isn't a controversial opinion outside of our little world.

Great mod, awful fanbase.

Hey I think it'd be super cool to talk about this guys review show and maybe other peoples review shows instead of derailing in to a dumb slap fight about brutal doom #13493.

I think he does a really good job, far better than the average PewDiePie shit. I wish he did a Doom 3 review. Maybe he could even start a WAD review subsection.

Yeah, this guy is good. Someone recommended him recently, and I can see why. He'll definitely be getting a copy of Wrack when it's all done.

Captain Red said:

Hey I think it'd be super cool to talk about this guys review show and maybe other peoples review shows instead of derailing in to a dumb slap fight about brutal doom #13493.

This kind of smartass comment works better when you aren't the one guy who initiated the derailing and keeps perpetuating it.

Can we have a discussion that doesn't end with a mention or a nod to Brutal Doom?

Getting tired of hearin' about it.

Crasger said:

Can we have a discussion that doesn't end with a mention or a nod to Brutal Doom?

Getting tired of hearin' about it.

You came to revive a derail that's been silent for three days by complaining how people only talk about BDoom. And you didn't have anything topical to add, so you talked just about BDoom. Irony much? Knock off the shitposting.

TheCupboard said:

I like my old games just the way they are. Why should I accommodate an outside youtubber's opinion to substitute my own? Sure, this guy may have some great points but he needs to get in touch with the current Doom community instead of creating a grand show of himself. We've been around forever. He's been around for 3 years, maximum.

...What. So non-Doomworld people are not allowed to talk about old games? I don't understand what you're complaining about. Just sounds like insular fanboyism.