Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
geo

Dogs or Cats and why?

So many threads that start political discussions.

Dogs or Cats and why?

Fight!

Both, because few things are cuter than a dog and a cat napping together.

Cats because they are loyal, affectionate, and will defend you and your home.

dogs are scary, they woof woof and rrrrrrr at you, how can you like them after that I don't know.

geo said:

So many threads that start political discussions.

Dogs or Cats and why?

Fight!

"Basically a dog person. I certainly, though, wouldn't want to offend my constituents who are cat people, and I should say that being, I hope, a sensitive person, that I have nothing against cats, and had cats when I was a boy, and if we didn't have the two dogs might very well be interested in having a cat now."

Incoming Missouri Congressman James Talent, responding to the question "Are you a dog or a cat person?"

Cats are cool to have around and pet but litter boxes are kind of annoying. Dogs are more functional, but they smell bad and most people have no idea how to train them or keep them under control. And unlike cats, they really do need to be trained to behave themselves. My two cents.

Csonicgo said:

"Basically a dog person. I certainly, though, wouldn't want to offend my constituents who are cat people, and I should say that being, I hope, a sensitive person, that I have nothing against cats, and had cats when I was a boy, and if we didn't have the two dogs might very well be interested in having a cat now."

Incoming Missouri Congressman James Talent, responding to the question "Are you a dog or a cat person?"

All he had to say was "I like dogs." and nobody would have given a shit. I hate how they're so afraid of offending someone as if a minor thing like that would lose them a vote.

Both. Dogs are excellent companions and probably reason why you should go for a jog. On best cases, they are your best companions you probably have in your life.
Cats are also excellent companions, and being natural predators, they are effective about keeping rats, mice and other small vermin out from the house, especially if you live in town house or area infested with them. Only...

*steps on dead mouse*
FUCK GODDAMMIT

Besides, the nature of your pet depends on how you treat and train them.

I like cats... They're low-maintenance, but very affectionate regardless. The downside is, because of their independent nature, there's a chance they're not gonna give a crap about you. Also, they love bringing you "presents," dead rodents and the like, which you don't really want in the first place. But my cats have always been very sweet - actually, I used to have a cat that would get really upset every time I left the house, and would meow his head off at me when I got home.

geekmarine said:

I like cats... They're low-maintenance, but very affectionate regardless. The downside is, because of their independent nature, there's a chance they're not gonna give a crap about you. Also, they love bringing you "presents," dead rodents and the like, which you don't really want in the first place. But my cats have always been very sweet - actually, I used to have a cat that would get really upset every time I left the house, and would meow his head off at me when I got home.

I'm pretty sure meowing its head off means welcome home. Especially if its high pitched. I'm not joking.

Dogs all the way, cats are autistic animals. Dogs like to be around people and not for just food and shelter

Waffenak said:

Dogs all the way, cats are autistic animals. Dogs like to be around people and not for just food and shelter

and what precisely do you have against autistic animals or autistic people?

what will you do if you end up with an autistic child?

i personally am neutral. both have pros and both have cons. it's expensive and time consuming so i do not own an animal at the moment.

Can't tell, as I haven't had a chance to taste neither of those.

Pure Hellspawn said:

and what precisely do you have against autistic animals or autistic people?

what will you do if you end up with an autistic child?

i personally am neutral. both have pros and both have cons. it's expensive and time consuming so i do not own an animal at the moment.

Sorry didn't knew there were people without sense of humour on this forum, so no use to explain it to you and does this thread have child mentioned in its topic? NO

Do we really need an all-caps argument breaking out on a topic about cats and dogs? Fuckin really people?

Anyway, I prefer cats just because they're much more low key, but I'm also a dog person. Animals are pretty cool, really.

Membrain said:

Do we really need an all-caps argument breaking out on a topic about cats and dogs? Fuckin really people?

This was a test of the Doomunity. 'So many threads that start political discussions.'

Membrain said:

Anyway, I prefer cats just because they're much more low key, but I'm also a dog person. Animals are pretty cool, really.

you should check out post hell. pretty much any topic can ignite.

insulting any group of people, even if unintentionally is ALWAYS guaranteed to lead to a flamewar. needless to say, i shall say nothing more about this. just think about what you say, please.

my family owns both cats and dogs. each has it's own different personality. the dogs tend to be extroverts and the cats tend to be introverts although i did have an extroverted cat in the family once.

I could have a sphynx cat, or some short haired cat.

Dogs are too loud. I suppose they smell more than cats. Also I don't care about all the ordering/commanding, which they eventually obey without question.. because they want food and petting.

Cats are more intelligent, so it's more fun to watch them and play with them.

cats, mostly because we've had a cat for... maybe almost a decade now? dogs demand attention, and i don't have the energy to attend to a dog all the damn time. cats may act weird at times, but they at least don't seem to require so much attention.

Cats, if only because they don't requires years of hands on behavioral training to not be annoyingly loud 24/7 or shit everywhere in the yard. The vast majority of dog owners have not the time or inclination to do such things and as such I have to put up with the neighbors goddamn barking dogs every fucking day. It really sours my attitude in general towards dogs and their owners.

With that said I do know someone with 2 golden labs trained for duck and pheasant hunting. These dogs are very friendly and well behaved, they don't jump on people or vehicles, they don't shit in the yard and they don't ever bark except to greet their owner when he comes home. Said person also has a cat he loves and babies almost as much as the labs.

If I had to pick one, I'd say dogs. But, not really fond of one or the other and to this day the best pet I have ever had was a rabbit.

Sort of on topic. While I was in high school my family had a rat terrier. My younger brother wanted a pet rat and no matter how many times we told him that Dude (our dog) would stop at nothing to kill his pet rat, he got a pet rat. The rat only lasted a week.

Waffenak said:

cats are autistic animals

I have yet to see a cat make a webcomic about oddly-colored console mascot characters, write detailed essays about the taste of alien babes' sweat, or watch cartoons about pastel pony princesses despite being adult males; so I have to conclude that cats aren't, actually, autistic.

I like Dogs better than Cats, but I like Cats too. They're both cuddly. Dogs just tend to be more apt at playful rough-housing, though.