Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flesh420

Food Marketing.

Oh I know all about this for 15 years we've had clients that are foods and we've hooked them up with new designs. I've seen a lot of studies from clients. Bold colors where the color is most of the product works. Green = fresh. Red or Yellow = desirable. Black = stay away. Blue = smart and foods avoid it. Dark Blue = people see as cheap even if its not. Again color has to dominate the box not the product. People are buying the colors and what they mean, not the product.

I remember one client took 2 years to decide the packaging of his nuts. Not because he wanted to sell his nuts to customers, he wanted to sell them to Planters. It worked he sold the company to Planters.

My cousin works for Tyson chicken farms. He's got stories.

I bet, just recently watched a documentary about Tyson chicken farms.... makes me feel like shit being human lol. But I loved how she presented this whole thing, especially the end of the video.

Put a picture like this on the box:

http://images.forwallpaper.com/files/images/b/b612/b6125dc4/363344/chicken-on-field.jpg

Then just say "100% Farmer Approved Whole Grain Fed Chickens"

BAM, it no longer matters that the chickens are tortured.

It makes me wonder though, why are we legally allowed to skew things so far? The answer isn't JUST the consumer's willful ignorance, it's the power-hungry people at the top running the operation who market it to us in this way and perpetuate the problem.

I often entertain the theory that videos like this get released because it's basically a way for the big people at the top to point at us and say "it's your fault, you peons! Muahahaha" as they count their money which they're using to fund the chicken torturing operation that they blame us for.

Flesh420 said:

I bet, just recently watched a documentary about Tyson chicken farms.... makes me feel like shit being human lol. But I loved how she presented this whole thing, especially the end of the video.

My cousin says they legitimately don't use any steroids. Steroids cost money. A lot of farmers say that. However he said the chickens are kept awake 20 hours a day, because if they're awake they're eating. If there's no food, they're looking for food. Its just what chickens do. He also said when it comes time to putting them in a truck they use a compressor to compact them into the truck. Like how a garbage truck has a compactor. They're just chickens...

My uncle has chickens on his farm. Friers and layers. They're literally allowed to wander around the entire farm and at night they always find their way back to the hen house. Its pretty amazing how they just know. The layers end up in their hen house, the friars end up in theirs. He'll find eggs in flower pots and buckets from the layers.

I've helped with the friars to uh bring them to the slaughter house. Recently my uncle just does the slaughtering on his farm, which I guess is more cost effective, but I just won't participate in that. When my uncle transported them to the slaughter house they were in a horse carrier with plenty of space.

Did you know when you hold a chicken upside down by its legs they literally scream Help over and over in English? At least it clearly sounds like Help, just over and over. Heelp Heelp Heelp. That's just in general, without going to a slaughter house.

Maes said:

I see too many roosters and not enough hens there, knowhatumsayin' ?

They're gay and they lay.... Gay eggs?

joe-ilya said:

They're gay and they lay.... Gay eggs?

Egg came long before the chicken. Pterodactyls predate chickens and they laid eggs.

geo said:

Egg came long before the chicken. Pterodactyls predate chickens and they laid eggs.

Well yes, but did the pterodactyls lay gay pterodactyl eggs, I think is the real question here.

geekmarine said:

Well yes, but did the pterodactyls lay gay pterodactyl eggs, I think is the real question here.

Is that pre op or post op?

That video has over 5m views, I guess alot of people want to know the secrets of marketing and stuff.

joe-ilya said:

That video has over 5m views, I guess alot of people want to know the secrets of marketing and stuff.

I'm not sure I learned anything from the video.

The only thing I took away from that video is that companies use phrases to sound smart and trendy. She told me nothing about marketing, she just used flashy words and I've learned over 15 years, its not about phrases, its still about colors with shelf positioning in 2nd place.

The buildup.... the drama.... YAAAAWN!

Nothing new here and the funniest thing? At the end of the day I will STILL go to my local market and consciously buy food I KNOW could be on this shelf only because of some animals' suffering.

Why do I do it? Because I can't afford the alternative and that's the bottom line for about 90% of people. What do I care about "organic", or whatever they call it now (it's marketing as well), food if I can't buy it regularly, and by "regularly" I mean "every day".

I know that animals live in enormous stress, which is responsible for a production of toxins harmful for people. I don't care. It's a choice between "do you MAYBE want to die of cancer in a couple of years, or die of starvation right away".

All those videos make it seem like people buy certain food, because they live in ignorance, whereas in reality they buy what they can afford.

It's the same with healthy lifestyle and training - millions of tutorials and guides online, each offering this perfect body etc. It seems that people don't know what to do, hence the increase in obesity worldwide etc... For the love of whatever, ask ANY person a question: "what one has to do to be healthy?" and I bet diamonds agains your chestnuts that not ONE will answer "hell man... I have no idea".

Everybody knows that it's about avoiding processed food in favor of veggies/fruit and a daily dose of exercise. The problem is not in a lack of knowledge, but in a lack of willpower and/or money (in case of organic food).

The hilarious part of animal cruelty in farms is the fact all animals still die. Slaughter houses refuse to take abused animals or animals that can't walk on their own before being slaughtered. Abused animals are tainted meat, you'd be able to tell the difference.

You're right about: Everybody knows that it's about avoiding processed food in favor of veggies/fruit and a daily dose of exercise. The problem is not in a lack of knowledge, but in a lack of willpower and/or money (in case of organic food).

The other thing nobody mentioned is those chickens are bred to be slaughtered six weeks after hatching. They grow really fast! We found this out for ourselves when we paid a visit to mom's boyfriend's uncle's farm while on a road trip. My brother was 14 and mentioned how cool it would be to have pet chickens. He was given two.

They turned out to be roosters. The guy's wife said they would live a few months and die when they got too big for their legs. Well, that didn't happen either. They lived in our yard and our garage for a year. Well, one of them did. The more aggressive of the two kept starting fights with the placid one and accidentally killed it before becoming depressed.

It lived a while longer by itself and got so big it not only chased the cat, it also chased my brother! It was the size of a turkey!

A few months back I quit buying meat from large chains and go to a specialty shop for my meat. Not only is the quality a thousand times better but the price is about 50% cheaper. I'll never go back to corporate meat. I live in a small town however with allot of farmers around. It's a world of difference in quality.