Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zed

Timed Teleport

Hi there.

I was wondering if there is a way to make a timed teleport, which means, the player being teleported after a certain ammount of time has passed, instead of having a teleport line, for example. Or maybe a switch that teleports the player when pressed.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to mention. I'm planning on using it for a little test map in G/ZDoom, but if some other port can do it is OK too.

-A switch that teleports the player when pressed.

That's possible even in Boom, there's a linedef action for it. I'm sure that you'll find a corresponding action in Hexen/UDMF format too.

-Timed teleport.

I guess you will need ACS to do this. Put a code like this in the ACS window in Doom Builder 2:

#include "zcommon.acs"

Script 1 (void) {
  Delay(35);        // Wait 1 second (=35 game tics)
  Teleport(0,13,0)  // Teleport the script activator (=the player) to sector with tag 13.
}
Then have a linedef action that will activate the script.

If you want the script to be activated without any linedef action, and simply count time from the map's beginning, you can use an ENTER script, which gets auto-activated upon map's start.
Script 1 ENTER {

Thanks a lot, I will try it! I saw the ZDoom wiki on teleports, but couldn't figure it out. Now, just a couple of things:

-tid has to be 0?
-how do I make it a silent teleport?

1. TID doesn't have to be 0. In fact, you can choose. You can either specify the sector tag, or TID of a map spot thing. Read the description on the wiki page I linked in my previous post.

2. Teleport_NoFog