Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koko Ricky

So what's a Terry wad?

[rant]
A terry wad is the Doom equivalent of those screamer videos on YouTube as well as a definite way to send just about any Doomworld user into an unstoppable fit of BAAAAAAAW because laughing off a joke is a skill that apparently is a lot harder to master than you would think judging by the reactions you see around here.
[/rant]

Linkrulezall said:

Ur all handicapped for not liking terrywads. :(

Maybe you'll understand in 5 or 10 years, when most of the hilarious teenage jokes you like today will lose their appeal. :)

I need a jokewad based on Real Ultimate Power. Where you play as a Ninja and simply by punching the air all the pirates explode (maybe with invisible BFG projectiles).

Maes said:

I need a jokewad based on Real Ultimate Power. Where you play as a Ninja and simply by punching the air all the pirates explode (maybe with invisible BFG projectiles).

Here was me thinking that cybie.wad already satisfied your needs in wad format.

Da Werecat said:

Maybe you'll understand in 5 or 10 years, when most of the hilarious teenage jokes you like today will lose their appeal. :)

The worse case is when one still doesn't. Of course it might not be the case of Terry's, I don't think he himself is still active, but he was the one who sent this to ether, thus rendering young folks inherit these habits and the trend could be immortal by now.

Linkrulezall said:

[rant]
A terry wad is the Doom equivalent of those screamer videos on YouTube as well as a definite way to send just about any Doomworld user into an unstoppable fit of BAAAAAAAW because laughing off a joke is a skill that apparently is a lot harder to master than you would think judging by the reactions you see around here.
[/rant]

The only ones that bother me are the ear rape ones and the settings changing ones, because they cross the line from funny to frustrating/annoying. Ear rape hurts like a bitch if you're wearing headphones and play with the volume somewhat loud, though I probably shouldn't be doing that in the first place. (It just feels satisfying firing an SSG and really hearing the bass.)

There was one that teleported you into a giant dick shaped room full of pink marines saying "Come to Daddeh" or "Imma get dat ass" some shit - that one made me laugh my ass off.

Doomkid said:

The only ones that bother me are the ear rape ones

That's like 99% of them O_o

RUSH said:

That's like 99% of them O_o

I guess I should have said "many" rather than "only". I suppose it isn't technically a terrywad by definition, it's more of a legit joke wad, but presented the same way terry stuff is, you know, the cheesey 1995-ish story in the textfile that's just a little too detailed.

I never thought we'd get to the point where we have to identify if a JOKE wad is "legit", but here we are, this is what Doom modding has come to.

Doomkid said:

I never thought we'd get to the point where we have to identify if a JOKE wad is "legit", but here we are, this is what Doom modding has come to.

Thanks to Terry and his minions dammit >:(

What I don't get is how people fall for Terry wads still.

It is broadcasted to you in clear language that this wad is a Terry wad via the comments left behind by legitimate users as well as the fact you have to actively go looking for Terry wads to find them on the archive. Anybody who downloads a Terry wad off of the archive (who speaks English) probably deserves the torment they get of off it (It is like poking a wasp, you deserve to get stung if you go out of your way to do it).

Another thing that gets me is why NiTROACTiVE is able to milk Terry wads for thousands of views (off of presumably brain dead or ignorant "fans") and still insists he hates them despite being wrapped around the Terry waders fingers at this point.

^^

This is what irritates me, giving these fools attention.

Before terrywads were isolated in their own theme, they would get an average of 10 votes. Nowadays they generally don't get votes and if they do, it's less than 5.

Plus, ty put in a text file saying its a terry wad.

filename-terry.txt
And about NiTROActive, well, maybe its his choice, though (no offense) if he wants terry to stop,posting vids about it will only ensure more are made.

Where's the sign where it says "WARNING: Don't feed the Terry's"?

It's very true - one of the only places Terry WADS are still popularized and played are within NiTROACTiVE's youtube circle. New Terry-styled WADS are made and uploaded on a weekly basis just to be played by him. He also shows the youtube messages from every creator.

I also noticed before the terrywads directory, a majority of people rated mainly 0 stars on terrywads. Now after the terrywads directory people mainly rate wads from that directory 5 stars. I really have no idea why they do that nowadays, and I am against terrywads.

hardcore_gamer said:

The most baffling thing about many Terry wad's is that they start out good, meaning that the people who make them are perfectly able to make good wads if they wanted to, but instead they decide to make Terry wads instead. There are countless crap/troll wads out there, but most are just low-effort stuff like wow.wad. Terry wads often take real effort to make, and that in my view is the saddest (or funniest?) part.

Perhaps they were trying to suggest something about the duality of man...

Stephen312 said:

Now after the terrywads directory people mainly rate wads from that directory 5 stars. I really have no idea why they do that...

Working out who's upvoting those wads isn't rocket science. I wouldn't mind one little bit if that directory was "accidentally" removed from the database.

The question is why are they allowing these wads to stay in idgames and not just removing them?

Avoozl said:

The question is why are they allowing these wads to stay in idgames and not just removing them?

Well Ty is doing a cleanup of 'em, getting rid of them one by one.

But that won't stop them. Even if they aren't allowed to post on idgames, what's to stop them from, uh,

Spoiler

*cough* releasing maps under our names and making emails that sound like we made them (Ex. Author: Fellowzdoomer Email: zeroscythe@Gmail.com) *cough*

mrthejoshmon said:

Fellowzdoomer, that is next to impossible to do.

You know, after the email verification thing...

What's to stop terry from making a fake email BEFORE releasing it?

MeetyourUnMaker: no, Terry Signfeld

Fellowzdoomer said:

What's to stop terry from making a fake email BEFORE releasing it?

Because the fake email will be noticeably different to the person they are trying to impersonate.