Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hobomaster22

Doom Launcher - Doom frontend & database v3.7.4 (12/2023)

I'm getting this error and another saying it can't load SQLite because it can't be found:

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DoomLauncher.AppConfiguration.VerifyPath(LauncherPath path, Boolean throwErrors)
   at DoomLauncher.AppConfiguration.VerifyPaths(Boolean throwErrors)
   at DoomLauncher.DataCache.Init(IDataSourceAdapter adapter)
   at DoomLauncher.MainForm.<HandleLoad>d__161.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4420.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DoomLauncher
    Assembly Version: 3.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DoomLauncher_3.3.0.0/DoomLauncher/DoomLauncher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CheckBoxComboBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DoomLauncher_3.3.0.0/DoomLauncher/CheckBoxComboBox.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.115.5
    Win32 Version: 1.0.115.5
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DoomLauncher_3.3.0.0/DoomLauncher/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

EDIT: I used the update feature and it caused this, but downloading and extracting the new DoomLauncher files to the old directory may have fixed it.

Edited by Eddie 2077 : Correction

5 minutes ago, Eddie 2077 said:

I'm getting this error and another saying it can't load SQLite because it can't be found:

Hide contents

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at DoomLauncher.AppConfiguration.VerifyPath(LauncherPath path, Boolean throwErrors)
   at DoomLauncher.AppConfiguration.VerifyPaths(Boolean throwErrors)
   at DoomLauncher.DataCache.Init(IDataSourceAdapter adapter)
   at DoomLauncher.MainForm.<HandleLoad>d__161.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
   at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() 

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4420.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
DoomLauncher
    Assembly Version: 3.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 3.4.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DoomLauncher_3.3.0.0/DoomLauncher/DoomLauncher.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
CheckBoxComboBox
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DoomLauncher_3.3.0.0/DoomLauncher/CheckBoxComboBox.DLL
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.115.5
    Win32 Version: 1.0.115.5
    CodeBase: file:///C:/DoomLauncher_3.3.0.0/DoomLauncher/System.Data.SQLite.DLL
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_64/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

I just want to confirm, but from the looks of it this happened after it updated from 3.3.0 and it was a manual install (not the automated installer package)?

Also the OS you are running and if it's 64 bit vs 32 bit would be helpful. (Searching for 'about your pc' in the search bar, then looking for 'System type').

12 minutes ago, hobomaster22 said:

I just want to confirm, but from the looks of it this happened after it updated from 3.3.0 and it was a manual install (not the automated installer package)?

Also the OS you are running and if it's 64 bit vs 32 bit would be helpful. (Searching for 'about your pc' in the search bar, then looking for 'System type').

I'm getting the same error, and I used the update button on the DoomLauncher GUI. (I have 64-bit OS).

EDIT: Reiterating what others have told: after failed update, I downloaded the manual zip-file, and extracted x64- and x86-directories into the existing DoomLauncher folder (they were completely missing from my previous installation) and the error seemed to have vanished.

Edited by RHhe82 : Fixed?

3 minutes ago, hobomaster22 said:

The first time I updated it, I opened DoomLauncher, the update button showed up and it gave me those errors after relaunching. I tried the installer package, but MSI installers never seem to work for some reason. And then I downloaded the manual install zip and extracted the new DoomLauncher folder and changelog to the old directory, which is what fixed it. As for my OS, Windows 10 and 64-bit OS and processor.

40 minutes ago, RHhe82 said:

I'm getting the same error, and I used the update button on the DoomLauncher GUI. (I have 64-bit OS).

EDIT: Reiterating what others have told: after failed update, I downloaded the manual zip-file, and extracted x64- and x86-directories into the existing DoomLauncher folder (they were completely missing from my previous installation) and the error seemed to have vanished. 

Thanks, they should be created on the update I will see what is going on.

1 hour ago, RHhe82 said:

1 hour ago, Eddie 2077 said:

The first time I updated it, I opened DoomLauncher, the update button showed up and it gave me those errors after relaunching. I tried the installer package, but MSI installers never seem to work for some reason. And then I downloaded the manual install zip and extracted the new DoomLauncher folder and changelog to the old directory, which is what fixed it. As for my OS, Windows 10 and 64-bit OS and processor.

Thanks for checking. The issue with was the x86/x64 folders weren't able to copy in the update. I made a quick patch and updated the 3.4.0 release in GitHub so this problem won't happen as others pull the update.

Thank you for the update!

Doom Complete (Wadsmoosh) is keeping track great. This app has 100% changed the way I play the game. The idgames integration is so good.

Major kudos.

Updated to 3.4.0.0 without issue.  All appears to be working well.  

FWIW, I read about the couple of update issues some folks had and that you made changes/tweaks to the package - Seems like such changes would best be reflected in the version number - i.e. 3.4.0.1 or similar.  This would let folks know that they have (or don't have) the latest/greatest version.

Regardless, as always, thanks for this fantastic tool and your stellar support.  

Hello, I downloaded this today, and am loving it so far.
I have a question.
I set Ultimate Doom as an IWAD, and I put a tag on it called "Playing", but everytime I go to the tab "Playing", Ultimate Doom doesn't appear there, only in the IWAD category. I'm not sure if tags don't work for IWADs, or if I'm doing something wrong.

With that said, keep up the good work, loving everything about this.

On 2/2/2022 at 5:22 PM, AbysswalkerSoul said:

Hello, I downloaded this today, and am loving it so far.
I have a question.
I set Ultimate Doom as an IWAD, and I put a tag on it called "Playing", but everytime I go to the tab "Playing", Ultimate Doom doesn't appear there, only in the IWAD category. I'm not sure if tags don't work for IWADs, or if I'm doing something wrong.

With that said, keep up the good work, loving everything about this.

I'm going to log it as an issue in GitHub. IWADs are a special case so tagging doesn't currently work. I can see if I work it in, otherwise I will disable the menu option for IWADs so it's more intuitive.

I'm sorry if this is really nitpicky, but I just noticed it and now I can't unsee it.
https://imgur.com/a/WTnTyx8

It appears that the word for "Secrets" in the stats part of the UI isn't centered like the rest of the other words.

On a more serious note, how hard would it be to add a Dark version to the program, in the same style of Dark mode for other programs, websites, win10, etc...

3 hours ago, AbysswalkerSoul said:

I'm sorry if this is really nitpicky, but I just noticed it and now I can't unsee it.
https://imgur.com/a/WTnTyx8

It appears that the word for "Secrets" in the stats part of the UI isn't centered like the rest of the other words.

On a more serious note, how hard would it be to add a Dark version to the program, in the same style of Dark mode for other programs, websites, win10, etc...

It would bother me as well. Sometimes this happens because people run different DPI scaling and certain controls need to be aware of this. Let me know your screen resolution and if you are running any scaling. On my setup it looks like:

image.png.5455420bbcac04cd54bc13a3491e5baf.png

The Dark thing has been brought up many times. Unfortunately, because the application was started in WinForms it is a huge undertaking to allow for different color schemes since the framework was designed long before dark themes were trendy and easily changed in Windows. It is something I have been wanting to do for a longtime.

21 minutes ago, hobomaster22 said:

It would bother me as well. Sometimes this happens because people run different DPI scaling and certain controls need to be aware of this. Let me know your screen resolution and if you are running any scaling. On my setup it looks like:

image.png.5455420bbcac04cd54bc13a3491e5baf.png

The Dark thing has been brought up many times. Unfortunately, because the application was started in WinForms it is a huge undertaking to allow for different color schemes since the framework was designed long before dark themes were trendy and easily changed in Windows. It is something I have been wanting to do for a longtime.

I'm running 1080p. About the scaling, I have no idea, but if it's the "Scale and Layout" thing under the windows display settings, it's at 100%.

Okay I may be dumb, but I am literally unable to see the TITLEPIC of every wad I have put in and it all just shows up with the placeholder art. Any way to fix this?

3 hours ago, BladeWolf said:

Okay I may be dumb, but I am literally unable to see the TITLEPIC of every wad I have put in and it all just shows up with the placeholder art. Any way to fix this?

I don't think it automatically populating those is a feature, at least from what I've found you just manually have to take a screenshot when you launch the WAD and then it'll show up. I think they just manually did that for all of the WADs in the example pictures.

The preview image in the tile is not automatic, it pulls the first screenshot from the list. It doesn't have to be the TITLEPIC either. It can be any screenshot you take in the game and can be changed at any time by setting the first image in the screenshot panel. Most just take a screenshot in GZDoom or any other port that supports screenshots on the title screen when launched through Doom Launcher.

10 hours ago, AbysswalkerSoul said:

Read the post above yours.

I take a screenshot and nothing happens

6 minutes ago, Ezper said:

I take a screenshot and nothing happens

Oh nevermind, turns out I never mapped the screenshot button at all

On 2/10/2022 at 3:37 PM, BladeWolf said:

On 2/15/2022 at 3:18 AM, Ezper said:

how do I change the tile icons depending on the game? (and/or file)

For the record you don't need to actually take a screenshot. You can just click "add file" on the screenshots tab and pick a custom image. It will have black bars if it isn't 16:9 however. Also you'll have to click the move up/down arrows on the image (even if its the only image) so it 'updates' and actually becomes the preview.

This is the best launcher I've tried. There's some small improvements that it could use but some of these are so minor I wouldn't even point them out if I didn't like the launcher so much.

• It would be nice be able to sort files by title/rating/etc. Currently (as far as I know) only way to do this is to switch to grid view (which requires a restart) and then sort by a column. My bad, this is possible by right-clicking a file.
  • It would also be nice to be able to set only certain tabs to grid view (just like how /idgames is by default) and have other tabs on tile view still.
  • If I remove all "additional files" from a WAD, and then change source ports, it re-adds all the additional files from the last time I launched the WAD with plus all the additional files that I last used to run the main IWAD with. The latter I understand, it makes sense to add your default IWAD mods automatically to the PWAD. But I don't think the launcher should re-add them every time you change source ports. Especially considering not all mods work with all source ports.
  • You can only delete screenshots one at a time even though the UI says "delete selected file(s)?" as if you can delete multiple.
  • Manually imported screenshots don't have the original files deleted even if the setting is set to delete them (maybe this is for the best)
  • If you select multiple files and use the "Select Tags" option to change their tags, it will only apply it to one file. The "Tag" and "Remove tag" affect all files, however.
  • Column resizing for "Manage Tags" as some tags titles can be too long
  • Saving a screenshot (i.e. exporting it by double clicking it and using "save image") will default to saving it as a ".png" file instead of a "png" file, making the total file extension "..png"
Edited by Artbor

On 2/17/2022 at 4:31 AM, Artbor said:

Saving a screenshot (i.e. exporting it) will default to saving it as a ".png" file instead of a "png" file, making the total file extension "..png"

Mine is working correctly. I don't get the "..png" when trying to export. That might be a windows setting.

1 hour ago, AbysswalkerSoul said:

Mine is working correctly. I don't get the "..png" when trying to export. That might be a windows setting.

Are you sure? This only happens when you open the image by double clicking it and then clicking "save image" on the bottom left corner. Doesn't happen with right click + export image

4 hours ago, Artbor said:

Are you sure? This only happens when you open the image by double clicking it and then clicking "save image" on the bottom left corner. Doesn't happen with right click + export image

If I double click, yes, it says ..png.
On your post you said export, so I was assuming you were using the export menu, and there it's working correctly.

On 2/16/2022 at 11:31 PM, Artbor said:

For the record you don't need to actually take a screenshot. You can just click "add file" on the screenshots tab and pick a custom image. It will have black bars if it isn't 16:9 however. Also you'll have to click the move up/down arrows on the image (even if its the only image) so it 'updates' and actually becomes the preview.

This is the best launcher I've tried. There's some small improvements that it could use but some of these are so minor I wouldn't even point them out if I didn't like the launcher so much.

• It would be nice be able to sort files by title/rating/etc. Currently (as far as I know) only way to do this is to switch to grid view (which requires a restart) and then sort by a column. My bad, this is possible by right-clicking a file.
  • It would also be nice to be able to set only certain tabs to grid view (just like how /idgames is by default) and have other tabs on tile view still.
  • If I remove all "additional files" from a WAD, and then change source ports, it re-adds all the additional files from the last time I launched the WAD with plus all the additional files that I last used to run the main IWAD with. The latter I understand, it makes sense to add your default IWAD mods automatically to the PWAD. But I don't think the launcher should re-add them every time you change source ports. Especially considering not all mods work with all source ports.
  • You can only delete screenshots one at a time even though the UI says "delete selected file(s)?" as if you can delete multiple. 
  • Manually imported screenshots don't have the original files deleted even if the setting is set to delete them (maybe this is for the best) 
  • If you select multiple files and use the "Select Tags" option to change their tags, it will only apply it to one file. The "Tag" and "Remove tag" affect all files, however. 
  • Column resizing for "Manage Tags" as some tags titles can be too long 
  • Saving a screenshot (i.e. exporting it by double clicking it and using "save image") will default to saving it as a ".png" file instead of a "png" file, making the total file extension "..png" 

Thanks for the post. I will go through and add tasks for the next release to address these.

18 hours ago, Omxgamer127 said:

Hi can u send me this pack/collection u made as your screenshot  : 

It's not really possible to do this. Currently the easiest method is to run the wad in GZDoom through Doom Launcher and capture on a screenshot on the titlescreen. Doom Launcher will automatically track it.

I am working on a feature to pull them automatically when added to Doom Launcher, but it's quite a chore since Doom uses it's own custom image format that requires a lot of code to translate.

Can anyone explain how to add the IWad tag to a WAD? When I setup DoomLauncher, the only IWad I had was Doom2. Since then, I've added Doom1, Hexen, etc. But when I manage tags, I can only see tags I have defined. When I go to select IWads, Doom 2 is the only one I can see. How do I manage that IWad tag after completing the initial setup?

Thanks!

Edit: I even clicked Add IWads, and it let me select doom.wad but still doom2 is the only IWad I can see with the tag.

20 hours ago, robocop said:

Can anyone explain how to add the IWad tag to a WAD? When I setup DoomLauncher, the only IWad I had was Doom2. Since then, I've added Doom1, Hexen, etc. But when I manage tags, I can only see tags I have defined. When I go to select IWads, Doom 2 is the only one I can see. How do I manage that IWad tag after completing the initial setup?

Thanks!

Edit: I even clicked Add IWads, and it let me select doom.wad but still doom2 is the only IWad I can see with the tag. 

The IWads tab isn't a tag in Doom Launcher. It's a completely separate special category. They can be added by dragging and dropping the file in the IWads tab directly or through File -> Add IWads. Doom Launcher does automatically detect IWad files and will show a warning if you try to add one as a regular game file.