Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Xindage

Proposed map lineup for FreeDM

I'm going to release a unoficial test of maps for freedm (but is a mod of mapo nly wads) this pack include all wads dm01 - 32 all maps playable and going to test.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/izxdsz

Know bugs: No dehacked at moment so the maps names are going to be follow the new ones, to somemaps work perfect is needed to use the dev version found here: http://freedoom.soulsphere.org/

If you found a bug in gameplay or have a recomendation POST HERE! dont post in issues list this version was designed out of GIT side so they dont care it for now, have fun.

EDIT <- PAY ATTENTION -> YOUR ALL HAVE ONLY A WEEK TO TEST AND REPLY GG...

Looks like of everything is ok. no one replyed a bug or issue...
Lets done a stable version of freedm.

Hey Protox,

First of all, this is really great work and I agree with you that we should aim to do a new stable release soon once these changes have been incorporated.

I'd like to incorporate your changes into the Git repository but they're quite large and I need some explanation of how the levels have been rearranged. Could you give me a simple text file describing how the level ordering has changed?

It just needs to be a simple text file with a format like:

DM01 -> renamed to DM13
DM02 -> deleted
DM03 -> renamed to DM05
DM04 -> renamed to DM03

and a separate section just listing any new levels.

I really want to incorporate your changes but it's essential I get this basic information or I can't proceed.

EDIT: Minor bug report - DM32 doesn't seem to work in Chocolate Doom.

Thanks for warning and i'll stay 2 or 1 day off so i'll take this time to create the text and i need the stable and development version to see the changes... now i dont have :P

There's away to you handle off the musics? the new rotation messed up whit both music and dehacked (i have the dehacked done).

Edit: some minutes after this post i begin looking and is here:

*.txt (download it via Ctrl+C heh :D)
Based on the leasted dev build at: http://freedoom.soulsphere.org/

OLD ---------- NEW
DM01 - Is now DM01
DM02 - Removed
DM03 - Is now DM15
DM04 - Is now DM08
DM05 - Is now DM27 - Still Buged
DM06 - Is now DM18 - I'm going to replace this
DM07 - Is now DM07
DM08 - Is now DM10
DM09 - Is now DM28 - Needs a replace
DM10 - Is now DM13
DM11 - Removed
DM12 - Is now DM14
DM13 - Is now DM02
DM14 - Is now DM21
DM15 - Is now DM29
DM16 - Is now DM22
DM17 - Is now DM24
DM18 - Is now DM03
DM19 - Removed
DM20 - Removed
DM21 - Is now DM06
DM22 - Is now DM25
DM23 - Is now DM12
DM24 - Is now DM11
DM25 - Is now DM09
DM26 - Removed
DM27 - Is now DM17
DM28 - Is now DM23
DM29 - Is now DM04
DM30 - Is now DM30
DM31 - Is now DM16
DM32 - Is now DM26
DM33 - Is now DM05
DM34 - Is now DM31
DM35 - Is now DM32

The new dehacked (for new maplist) download it via Ctrl+C too:

HUSTR_1 = DM01: Tech Test
HUSTR_2 = DM02: Natural Station
HUSTR_3 = DM03: Issues of Claveria
HUSTR_4 = DM04: Metal
HUSTR_5 = DM05: Protox Hideout
HUSTR_6 = DM06: Tomb of Ledemir
HUSTR_7 = DM07: Main Stronghold
HUSTR_8 = DM08: FreeDM Maze
HUSTR_9 = DM09: Forggotem ruins
HUSTR_10 = DM10: Substation 45
HUSTR_11 = DM11: Gate for hell
HUSTR_12 = DM12: Up 'n Down Canyon
HUSTR_13 = DM13: Sacred Dead
HUSTR_14 = DM14: Hazard Store
HUSTR_15 = DM15: AGM Ammo Depot
HUSTR_16 = DM16: Single Barreled
HUSTR_17 = DM17: Punk tech
HUSTR_18 = DM18: Energy Facility
HUSTR_19 = DM19: Tech Isle
HUSTR_20 = DM20: Warehouse
HUSTR_21 = DM21: Water Recycling
HUSTR_22 = DM22: Fourplay
HUSTR_23 = DM23: Confrontation
HUSTR_24 = DM24: Flooded base
HUSTR_25 = DM25: Mansion Yard
HUSTR_26 = DM26: All Green
HUSTR_27 = DM27: The Exile
HUSTR_28 = DM28: Weapons factory
HUSTR_29 = DM29: Tag Deathmatch
HUSTR_30 = DM30: Last Man Standing
HUSTR_31 = DM31: Operation Freewonf
HUSTR_32 = DM32: Operation 4D

// End

To fix dm32 is simple: i forget players spawn (for coop) add then somewhere on map...

EDIT 2: Dont put the removed maps on trash save then in a zip on github, 2 of then is not done map, and the others can be improved if someone wants.

Thanks, this is perfect. I'll try to get these committed ASAP, though it might take a while.

Protox said:

EDIT 2: Dont put the removed maps on trash save then in a zip on github, 2 of then is not done map, and the others can be improved if someone wants.

They're always stored in the revision history and never actually lost. But we usually store copies of old deleted resources in the attic.

Sorry for the slight bump but I was just wondering while we are on the subject of this, did my maps ever get in? Having a look through the wad file at the moment it seems that maybe they didn't. I got the Free DM wad from the link in the first post.

Guest Unregistered account

DM02 was deleted? Thank god, it was a blatant DWANGO5 ripoff and it borrowed huge chunks from DM01. (Yes, I am very behind the Freedoom times.)

My map's now called Last Man Standing, huh? If I ever get round to editing it, I'll hopefully have a name.

Also, I really think we should shift the gear to Boom-compatible. Plenty of maps awash with visplane HOMs cry out for it and if Freedoom did it, why not FreeDM?

Really liking how this project is coming along. Nice work, guys. :)

Joe667 said:

DM02 was deleted? Thank god, it was a blatant DWANGO5 ripoff and it borrowed huge chunks from DM01.

Catoptromancy ill be not happy whit it, better i get off here before a nuclear bomb explode here...

sorry my bad inglish and xcopy, i dont like to work in same maps much times this is boring and if you wand me to edit it again wait a 2 or 3 mounths i'll not back on freedm so early. :\

i'll take some vacancy and back to freedoom phase 1 again

I have been thinking of removing a couple maps that were clones of other dm maps.

We managed to get some classic dm maps from the original authors, which I fully support.

so, the merger is complete...

good luck getting the new map32 to work with vanilla/chocolate doom. I tried it, and the map kept reloading in an infinite loop.

edit: It doesn't like boom either...

edit2: It crashes prboom-plus. At least chocolate doom and boom allow you to exit normally... so far the only port I tried which it likes is odamex...why?!?

Yeah, I (finally) did the reordering. Hopefully Protox's changes should all be in place now.

Danfun64 said:

good luck getting the new map32 to work with vanilla/chocolate doom. I tried it, and the map kept reloading in an infinite loop.

This is because the level doesn't have a player 1 start object. I've filed a bug.

If you want to check the level out, you can run it with -deathmatch -warp 32.

I read your github bug report.

Funny, when I ran that level in sp mode in prboom-plus, it CTD with no error message.

Maybe its because i am running linux?