Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gifty

Smooth Doom (NOW HAS A THEME SONG!)

8 hours ago, Xfing said:

Maybe someday I could try. I'm kind of an anti-talent when it comes to coding, afraid as hell to try too :x

Yeah, it's not for everyone. But, if you make copies of everything before you start, there's nothing to fear. Get in there and make a change, and see what effect it has. Also, Google is your friend. Knowledge builds on knowledge. Before long, it might start to become fun. Usually, what you learn in one area can be used in other areas.

One thing I can say for sure: I can't remember the last time I was bored.

BTW, to change the subject a little bit - is it just me, or are the skyboxes in Doom 2 actually the ones from Doom when playing with Smooth Doom?

On 7/13/2018 at 11:50 AM, Xfing said:

BTW, to change the subject a little bit - is it just me, or are the skyboxes in Doom 2 actually the ones from Doom when playing with Smooth Doom?

Nvm that! That was just the HD texture pack I had in my folder. For some reason it gives Doom 1's skyboxes for D2 too. 

Hey all, the Zombieman improved walk cycle is being prototyped for all frontal-facing frames (IE, angles 1, 2 and 3). You can try them out in the test wad below. This is going to be part of a long-term effort to clean up a lot of the animations in the mod and improve what I've already done. The imp is going to be the next monster to get some improvements. Black gloves will also hopefully be returning to the mod soon.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7UjVRGUGknvUGVScFpZQlFEY3M/view?usp=sharing

Aw man gifty. Your SmoothDoom mod is my "go to" standard addition to every Doom wad I play. It's already amazing as it is, but bringing back black gloves would be amazing of course. Really great work, I love this mod.

What exactly is the improved Zombieman walk cycle? Never noticed something off. Looks okay to me. :D

Thanks, dude!

If you go to the previous page, at the very top is a WIP gif of what I'm talking about. I've gone back and totally redesigned the walk cycle, whereas before I was really just cycling the vanilla frames in a smoother-looking way :P It looks much improved, you should try the test wad!

Oh, that looks neat! I want to try this asap. Unfortunately I have a hard time downloading something from Google Drive (living in China). I‘ll ask some mates to send it to me.

Hey Gifty, dunno if people keep you in the loop for bugs and issues, but there's a few I wanted to point out.

-Cacos and HellKnights still bleed some red when they're killed

-SSG doesn't drop shell casings for some reason

-When Doom64 style items is on, the cell charge pack uses the D64 plasma rifle sprite

-Arachnotrons don't have the particle effects when they're set to both player and enemy

This was on the current version of GZDoom. Just wanted to see if you were aware of these.

Great mod btw, looking forward to future updates.