Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ledillman

Free Legal Sims 2 code (Origin)

Origin is giving The Sims 2 full for free if you redeem the code: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

Don't know if posted before or if this goes here but... IT'S FREE
Go and play!

Well, I'm not really a Sims kinda guy, but free is free, and I have been known to play it every now and again.

I don't know how but I managed to redeem the code (origin's server was laggy, probably because of this)and i'm downloading 13 GB of Sims 2.

Sims 8 in 1 was cool I remember.

So it turns out I have an Origin account and I don't know why. There are no games in it. Maybe I had to use it to play C&C a couple years ago.

I added the game and then I found another link for free games and it turns out they're giving Peggle away today. That's kind of nice when I need something casual to do while listening to an audiobook or something like that.

But then I noticed they have a rather liberal refund policy. Apparently my zero-dollar Peggle order is eligible. Why would I refund a free game? Does that just take it away or do they give back the $4.99 it usually costs?

It also turns out you can't currently buy any Sims title older than The Sims 3 on origin. You have to know that code before it will even show you The Sims 2. Seems odd, but then again, they don't seem to have installed an easy way to monetize the gameplay for the older ones like they did with the newer ones.

Ledillman said:

Origin is giving The Sims 2 full for free if you redeem the code: I-LOVE-THE-SIMS

Don't know if posted before or if this goes here but... IT'S FREE
Go and play!

I just went there and its still Peggle.

I have the Sims 2 got it from an ex. The game on my laptop limits me to having 2 friends at a time so I could never get anywhere on my laptop. Load times were awful.

Why would anyone want Sims 4 when Sims 3 fixed all the errors?

geo said:

I just went there and its still Peggle.

Why would anyone want Sims 4 when Sims 3 fixed all the errors?

It won't show you the game unless you redeem the code. Like I said, you can't even buy it normally.

As for Sims 4, I'm assuming better graphics or something. Or perhaps content patches in exchange for more "social" features? Or maybe the "social" features are considered features by clueless people.

I use to have the Sims. Got bored of it so I trapped all my characters in empty rooms with no doors and they all died. Thanks though.

Let me know when Sim City is free. I miss that game.

Sim City 4 is one of the best games I've played from Maxis. Period.

Also kind of wish Roller Coaster Tycoon would make a big, awesome comeback rather than being a shitty microtransaction fremium thing.

Membrain said:

Sim City 4 is one of the best games I've played from Maxis. Period.

Also kind of wish Roller Coaster Tycoon would make a big, awesome comeback rather than being a shitty microtransaction fremium thing.

Yeah that's the problem I already have Sim City 4 and I know Sim City 2013 can't top it. It does feel really dated now. Cities XL is the next step from Sim City 4 and explains things a lot better.

My wife bought Sims 3 a year ago. Interminable load times and honestly was no major step up from Sims 1. I've never played Sims 2, but I was amazed that you still could only make orthogonal and 45 degree walls, and furniture positioning was still locked to a grid pattern. It seemed like the entire Sims development team was a fan club that was all about adding more social interaction features, stuff to buy, and clothes to wear instead of... Y'know making a better game.

the Sims are still choosey and procrastinatey about listening to the actions you tell them to do and take 45minutes (in game time) to walk from one room to another.

40oz said:

My wife bought Sims 3 a year ago. Interminable load times and honestly was no major step up from Sims 1. I've never played Sims 2, but I was amazed that you still could only make orthogonal and 45 degree walls, and furniture positioning was still locked to a grid pattern. It seemed like the entire Sims development team was a fan club that was all about adding more social interaction features, stuff to buy, and clothes to wear instead of... Y'know making a better game.

the Sims are still choosey and procrastinatey about listening to the actions you tell them to do and take 45minutes (in game time) to walk from one room to another.

God. This. All of this.

Seriously, my Dwarf Fortress dwarves have more complexity and ability to survive on their own. You can leave a fortress with nothing but jobs and they'll live, for a while. Sims just sort of sit there and stare vacantly at their doll house. The game has so much potential, but it's more of a toy than an actual game. Which sucks for simulation fans like myself.

Membrain said:

God. This. All of this.

Seriously, my Dwarf Fortress dwarves have more complexity and ability to survive on their own. You can leave a fortress with nothing but jobs and they'll live, for a while. Sims just sort of sit there and stare vacantly at their doll house. The game has so much potential, but it's more of a toy than an actual game. Which sucks for simulation fans like myself.

LOL ^^^

I recently played some shit RPG on Steam for $8. So in the artwork section I remade the character, gave him a last name, a hobby and excuse why he'd wake up late every morning like every RPG hero.

Sims in general isn't for us on Doomworld really. I remember Sims 1, I'd play it hardcore for a few days every 6 months then I'd kinda wonder why I was playing, there's no point, no goal, no objective. Then Sims 2 added objectives no matter how meaningless. The hindrance was load times.

I still have Sims 2 CD in my laptop right now. Maybe 2 or 3 years ago I had made the cast of Star Trek TNG all living together. It was fucking amazing because due to technical limitations I could only invite 2 people over if I had 1 inhabitant, but yet I could have 7 people living in the damn house and still invite only 2.

I still have Sims 3 on Origin, simply because it was in a humblebundle for Origin. I think that I played it once and thought fuck this. If its not on Steam, I just don't play it. Same for all of my Desura and GOG games.