Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RedShift

Can someone test this bug for me please?

I just started a level and I am encountering a weird graphics bug in Zdoom. In three different places on this map (both bridges, and the second level from the top in the staircase in the corner) there is some weird artifacting/texture mismapping if you are standing on one side of it. In Doomsday, however, there is no bug, and everything looks fine. Can someone explain what the problem is? Thanks.

[I literally just started this map so most of it is empty]

Link: http://www.filedropper.com/testbugs

Which map? Can you screenshot the area? If it's MAP14, I can't find it...

OK, I don't see it in the version of ZDoom I have (2.7.1) but I do see it in PrBoom+ without GL mode.

Not sure what's causing it, that bridge sector looks somehow malformed but I can't pin it down. Will poke around at it a bit.

I don't have permission to post attachments here

No one does (except demos in the demos forum)

i didnt find either something wrong with the editor, its seems like those common bugs you get when you dont close very well the sector.

have you tried joining the lava sector (sector 35) with bridge sector (sector 40) and then remaking again the bridge (sector 40)?

when i get those kind of error i just redo again the sector.

There are no malformed sectors, however the nodes appear to be corrupt. It seems some subsectors are constructed from the wrong segs. Rebuilding the nodes with different nodebuilders produces the same type of corruption, but in different subsectors (though always in the southwest corner of the map). I'm not sure why this is.