Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
s13n1

DOOM HD Project

Oh, thank god you're still working on this! And I'm amazed, you actually made the imp menacing, that's something I thought I'd never see! You even made the breast spikes look non-idiotic by moving them upwards so they wouldn't look like nipples, why hadn't anyone thought of that before?

Thanks guys.

The Imp has been the hardest so far. The shape was fine, but the actual skin detail was difficult to nail. I still have a lot of work to do on the Imp, but it's nice to have something to work towards now.

Here are some new Demon renders.

Please note the model is still a work in progress. There are things i want to tweak, and additional details to add. But i would say its about 95%.

Doom Pinky Demon WIP by Doom HD, on Flickr

Doom Pinky Demon WIP by Doom HD, on Flickr

I understand what your saying, they can look smallish from certain angles.

Without rendering a side-on pic, If you have a look at the turntable on the blog, from side-on you can see the size of the feet properly. Its the FOV that makes them look a bit small from certain angles.

The hands i will be tweaking though, they are a bit big. I'll be adding a bit more detail to the skin along the forearms and around the feet.

Adding a bit more colour variation to the skin, perhaps more contrast, to look more alive. I've added some red veins here and there with some blue/purple colour to look more like a fleshy creature with blood flowing through it.

The big factor in good looking fleshy skin is a nice variety in colour. It really brings it to life. Then just let the finer details do the rest.

I can't wait make the Mancubus look disgusting.

Just updated the pics with more recent ones.

Got a big weekend ahead and wont be able to work on this any more till maybe Monday.

I'm off to see Jurassic World @ IMAX :-)

Have a good weekend all.

That pinky looks excellent, I don't really see anything that needs changing.

Yeah that Demon is essentially perfectly "on-model" which is impressive for something adapted from a 2D sprite.

This stuff is all excellent. For the love of god, please, keep going!

My favorite is actually the Doom 64 chaingun model. I would die for a mod that turns Doom 64 into HD. Something we could use in Doom 64 EX for example to replace the textures and sprites into HD. I'm a Doom 64 nut.

Wow. Your models and Quake3 engine or one of it's derivatives would be a dream to mod for...I'd love to make maps for whatever comes of this.

This is the best and most faithful 3D rendition of the Doomguy I have ever seen. Did you use the BJ Blazkowicz comparison screenshot from The New Order as inspiration?

DooM_RO said:

Did you use the BJ Blazkowicz comparison screenshot from The New Order as inspiration?

Nah, they are quite different in their designs. B.J from TNO is probably a bit more realistic than I plan to make Doom guy. I want to stick closer to the original face but put a realistic spin on it.

There was actually two designs for the new B.J. The artist responsible for the first said that machine games changed to a new model after he left / before the game was released.

I'm going to really go to town on this one. Eye lashes, eyes with lenses, eye brows and proper hair.

I tried a few different hair sculpts, but they looked kinda strange and obviously very sculpted.

I made both the classic hair from the hud and the buzz cut seen in the end pic and doom 2 box cover.

The buzz cut definitely looks cool, but I will wait and see what looks the best. In the end, doom guy will be in his suit, so it's not like the buzz cut will be easily seen.

My reason for making this model is not so much for a hud, but for the player model and for some metroid style reflections on the visor.

That is one bad ass pinky! Wow! I want to shoot it, repeatedly.

There is no color in that pinky. :3

Jokes aside, that must be the best 3D model ever made for a pinky.

Something feels off about his mouth, not sure what. He looked more like himself in the less finished version.

DooM_RO said:

Something feels off about his mouth, not sure what. He looked more like himself in the less finished version.

I think he looks like an albino negro

Also, since you are planning to make this for Doom 4 wouldn't it be a good idea to have this thread moved to the Doom 4 section? It might get more attention there.

Furthermore, how are you going to adapt your models to the damage model and fatalities of Doom 4? How are you going to make sure the models fit with the art style?

Soooo premature worries... It's not clear how exactly and how much exactly will Doom 4 be moddable.

They are not worries, just questions. Aside from Ascension this is the best and most professional Doom remake project I've seen yet. FAR better than previous attempts. If it can be adapted for Doom 4 it would be even better.

Even if Snapmap is the only way to mod, maybe we can convince Id/Bethesda to release more powerful tools for advanced users that will enable us to make PC exclusive mods. Linguica did it with the source code, why not for Doom 4? Also, these models would be PROOF to Bethesda that the Doom community is interested in more advanced modding so their efforts to release a more advanced editor would not be a waste of time like it was for RAGE.

Either way, we'll find out for sure how moddable it will be once the Bethesda interviews that weren't streamed will be released on the net (along with other useful information). A guy from Bethesda on Twitter said they would be released in the coming month.

s13n1 said:

Thanks heaps for all the positive comments guys, its much appreciated!!

And yes, if Doom 4 allows us to Mod it properly, this mod will be for Doom 4.

Here's the final version of pinky:

https://flic.kr/p/u5oczKPinky Demon - Finished by Doom HD, on Flickr

https://flic.kr/p/v2e8vnPinky Demon - Finished by Doom HD, on Flickr

And a super early preview of Doom Guy's head.

https://flic.kr/p/uJDgqCDoom Guy Head WIP by Doom HD, on Flickr

That Pinky looks incredible!
Glad you added the little nostrils too.