Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Laimiz

nes stuff

do you remember the NES computers? Me too. I've downloaded an emulator and a few roms but I can't find my favourite nes game ever - that japanese soccer game made by TECHNOS JAPAN CORP. rom. IF anyone is also crazy about nes as me, help me find that game!

Still got my NES,modified to play imports of course.Those were the days,well maybe not,but there were some great games.Haven't got that soccer game though:(

The Guardian Legend for NES is still one of the best games ever made. It's a great combination of overhead vertical shooter and three quarters exploration.

I'll ask my friend Nick if he has it... he's got a couple hundred roms... doesn't even know what he has, really, he just downloads anything he sees. At any rate, if he has it I'll let you know.

Speaking of roms, up until a few months ago the only was those of us not in Japan could play the real FF2 and 3 was via emulation. Why did that change? A nifty little system called the WonderSwan Color was released, and for it remakes of the first 3 Final Fantasy games. Problem is, there packages sold out almost immediately and are hard to find... added to the fact that most places where I live don't import systems, and this system has not graced stores in my area yet. Have any of you out there seen a WonderSwan Color in a shop near you?

NES = Nintendo Entertainment System

Calling that a computer could be considered moronic or a foreign error. I'll assume the latter.

Oh right, THAT soccer game. It all makes sense now.

My brother has downloaded a SNES and Genesis emulators, and tons of roms... There's only one i like: Front Mission.

There's this place called Vimm's Lair. I won't post the address, but it's a great source for old-skool Nintendo emulators and ROMs, with reviews and GameGenie codes and everything. Bring a pop-up stopper, though; ads've gotten pretty heavy.

I have real NES and SNES. I think Super Mario All-Stars on snes is one of the most entertainig games of all times, like Doom is. It's the Doom of platform games. :D

I've got an SNES ROM that's "Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World". Did they ever actually release this in the States?

stoned said:

I have real NES and SNES. I think Super Mario All-Stars on snes is one of the most entertainig games of all times, like Doom is. It's the Doom of platform games. :D

Absolutely!We used to max,speedrun,pacifist and Tyson Mario levels:)

I bought myself a snes (my old one broke) with Super Mario All Stars, Mario kart, Streetfighter 2 turbo, Mario World and Super Metroid. Super Mario Three on the All Stars cartrige is simply one of the best games of all time.

I've also got a nes with a shitload of games... in fact I've got every version of Super Mario 2 that Nintendo ever released in this country. It's quite cool, playing it on the nes and then playing it on the gameboy advance.

darknation said:

Super Mario Three on the All Stars cartrige is simply one of the best games of all time.

Yes it is. Although i like Super Mario World even more.

Laimiz said:

Well, i guess the best nes games were those soccer, ice hockey game, the game where you go down streets, the basketball game, uhm... and others :). I took some screenshots of those games:
http://www.geocities.com/laimishere/nes/screens.html

maybe you remember them now? :P

Oh YEAH! I remeber the football game with those characters in it! it was a fantastic game, you could do a super overhead powerkick and the ball would fly throught he air at supersonic speeds, the gaolie would try to save it and the ball would just blast right through the bastard.

You could kill players by tackling them too. Class!

I think it was called Nintendo World Cup.

I take it back; not all consoles suck. Old ones are the best, especially the NES. I was 5 when I first got mine, and one of the few things I got when it was still big. This was, of course, long before the days of real console wars, mind you.

Weedster said:

I was 5 when I first got mine, and one of the few things I got when it was still big. This was, of course, long before the days of real console wars, mind you.

Sega and Nintendo were around then. Console wars began with the SMS.

I always wanted to get a SMS, but our family got a NES. But hey, I grew up to love Nintendo, but I also love Sega. And Sony. But Microsoft can go piss off...they come into the console market, with something that s not really a console. More like a budget PC designed specifically and only to be used for gaming. And a few other things. I mean sure they have a few good games, but otherwise Microsoft are losers...

Mario rules. They should really make a game "Mario Actually Stars In A Game Doing His Job!". You could run around in the pipes defeating bad guys (most probably Koopas). That would be weird though. I should also probably shut up right about now.

mmnpsrsoskl said:
But Microsoft can go piss off...they come into the console market, with something that s not really a console. More like a budget PC designed specifically and only to be used for gaming. And a few other things. I mean sure they have a few good games, but otherwise Microsoft are losers...

Let's see.

What the fuck do you think a Playstation 2 is? There's Linux for it for Chrissakes. Sony was so fucking cheap they gave it half as much video memory as a Dreamcast and remember the system release dates.

Unlike the PS2, while I'm at it, X-Box programmers don't have to code directly in 128 bit assembler. It's the only console system available right now that was both designed for raw power and ease of programming. The creators of the other consoles picked one of those two facets and the other waned.

The 733Mhz Pentium 3 in it roughly keeps pace with the 300Mhz RISC CPU in the PS2 yet it falls short of the 400Mhz RISC CPU in the Gamecube, but there's little question that the X-Box has the best gaming specs because of it's ample memory and GeForce 3.

All the incredible power of the PS2 and it has 4 megs of video memory. Considering 640x480x32bbp that's not a whole fucking lot of room left for textures. There's no texture compression for it either. The year older Dreamcast not only has 8 megs of video memory but it also has texture compression. Good job, Sony, you kicked your biggest hyped product RIGHT IN THE DICK to save a few bucks. If they would've just given it 16 megs instead of 4 the system would be a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

The X-Box is not just a watered down computer. All consoles are computer components custom designed and integrated into a closed box unit. The difference here is that the components that make up the X-Box are now available on the open market while the ones behind the other consoles are not.

Don't forget that ATI does the video for the Gamecube and the video inside the Dreamcast is a PowerVR variant.

And a few good games, that's completely argumentative in nature. I've found almost nothing but pure shit available for my PS2.

So how again are they losers? They're uncompetetive bullies who commonly piss on the law if it will get them another buck. Criminals is a better description, and considering Sega just bit the dust and Sony severely crippled their PS2 and the Gamecube isn't designed to be a power system... they'd better watch their asses, they're dealing with the experts of business fucketry.