Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys and gals, just curious, what are some of the most dark, twisted or evil WADS you have played? Something that would make you feel slightly disturbed or slightly unerved while playing.
Not talking halloween, monster scares you type of mods, i'm talking mods that would just leave a disturbing taste in your mouth.
Just curious what those wads are and if possible a link to said wads.
Looking to try something new with doom. :)
Thanks!

There was some wad where you get out of your mother's womb or something. Never played it but apparently many players were disgusted.

Alright cool thank you. :) I'll check those out. :)
and not really looking for something disgusting, more like something along the lines of; the feeling you get when you hear something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE8bE447spw
Or see something that doesn't necessarily make you grossed out or scary, just leaves a very disturbed feeling in your mind.

Memfis said:

There was some wad where you get out of your mother's womb or something. Never played it but apparently many players were disgusted.

That's RootPain you're thinking of. Pretty disturbing stuff, that one.

Also that music is creepy as all get. Reminds me a bit of the Giygas theme.

Obsidian said:

Also that music is creepy as all get. Reminds me a bit of the Giygas theme.

Ah i'll check that one out as well. :)
And as for that, yes stuff like that, i've recently gotten very interested in disturbing sounds and visual like that and figured, hey, Doom would probably produce the best effects of this!
But anyways, yes that's kinda the effect i'm looking for while playing it. :)

Clusterone666 said:

Also how do I get out of the first room for Asylum for the Wretched?

Make sure the DeHackEd patch is in the wad and alert the monsters outside: the patch replaces some of the decorations with monsters.

Clusterone666 said:

Also how do I get out of the first room for Asylum for the Wretched?

Obsidian said:

Make sure the DeHackEd patch is in the wad and alert the monsters outside: the patch replaces some of the decorations with monsters.

Unfortunately this wad won't work properly in ZDoom based ports, even if the DEHACKED was loaded. As Obsidian said, there are monsters replacing decorations. The very first 2 zombiemen are too. You need to let them open the door for you, but ZDoom ports won't allow it.

scifista42 said:

Unfortunately this wad won't work properly in ZDoom based ports, even if the DEHACKED was loaded. As Obsidian said, there are monsters replacing decorations. The very first 2 zombiemen are too. You need to let them open the door for you, but ZDoom ports won't allow it.

...Huh?

Ohh wait, I remember: there's 2 versions of aotw.wad on the archives. I linked you to the second one, but I think I may have downloaded the first one myself a while back and I know the DeHackEd works in that wad. Try downloading this one.

You oughta check out Unloved, one of my favorite wads. A word of warning though, it gets pretty slaughter heavy as it progresses.

I tried all but unloved out so far, they kinda fit what i'm looking for but good nonetheless, minus the womb one that was just weird. lol
Other than that so far so good!

Obsidian said:

More like unceasing tedium.

My / key is destroyed from all that MDK'ing I had to do (easy bind).

Why did I bother? "You aborted the fetus" was hardly worth it... Not even that creepy, it is just one of those "K den" moments where you raise an eyebrow and then continue.