Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
belphegore

Identifying maps

I need help to identify the author and the name of two maps, if possible ;) I got the maps already. Both maps are from the first days, 1994 or 1995. They are both Doom(1) maps.

Here are screenshots from the maps in GZbuilder. The first one starts in a building and before it goes outside to the great courtyard WAR is written on the ground (as sectors).
This map has 1333 things and this are all enemies and amunition. My old 486 DX4 computer had problems to show all things and it was running very slowly.
The map isnt very good designed but the main attention og the author were the hordes of enemies (incl. 6 cyberdemons, 4 in the towers in the courtyard and a spider mastermind in playmode hard)

http://i.imgur.com/nQaMyS5.png

The other map starts outside (f_sky 1). The four main sections inside the great building are seperated through two pathways and connected in the middle through a lift (WR lift lower wait raise).
http://i.imgur.com/eghZMZk.png

Yeah, that seems to be it.
I wonder why belphegore has the levels opened in Doom Builder but doesn't know their names? In any case, cool that he got the answers so fast. :)

Yeah you're right, Surreily. Thanks!

My brother compiled at that time several single maps (from his Fido Net BBS) into episodes with an own name without any further information, so we had a flow play (via telephone wire) ;)

Oh I see. Would you mind sharing it then? I love playing various compilation wads from 1994, a magical time when there was no generally accepted standards and not much wads to copy from, so everyone had to come up with their own ideas for their levels.

Really? Some maps are really crappy (no working doors, no corresponding keys or very hard to find. That sort of stuff not to mention texture alignment an so on)and the most maps you can also find in the Wadpaks series and/or in the Epibest Series.

Well, I think that in some sense a lot of that 1994 crap has more charm than much more polished works of today. It was a different time. :) So I still would like to see it.

Okay, where should I upload it? As I said they are all without any descriptions and i think the one or other map could also be double/treble.

Here is another map that maybe someone can identify.
Gray building with a lot of former seargants, imps, spectres and former humans. Outside many baron of hells.
Looks like a office building, also in an early construction state.
I never saw this map in a wad compilation again, but I would like to play the final version of this map:
http://i.imgur.com/yHeCMqk.jpg