Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
foufou74

DOOM 3 BFG Edition Multiplayer ?

Hello,i just bought DOOM 3 BFG Edition from steam and i was hoping if there's anyway to play it online ? my friend is saying that there's no Multiplayer mode for BFG Edition of DOOM 3,only first edition.and i didn't believe that :3 because Multiplayer option is shown in the Main Menu. so my question is can i join normal DOOM 3 Edition servers with BFG Edition ? or i have to buy the Normal Edition too ?

foufou74 said:

Hello,i just bought DOOM 3 BFG Edition from steam and i was hoping if there's anyway to play it online ? my friend is saying that there's no Multiplayer mode for BFG Edition of DOOM 3,only first edition.and i didn't believe that :3 because Multiplayer option is shown in the Main Menu. so my question is can i join normal DOOM 3 Edition servers with BFG Edition ? or i have to buy the Normal Edition too ?

It can netplay, but only with itself. Netplay isn't possible between the original game and BFG because too many things were changed both in the code and in the levels.

i think i made a mistake by buying the BFG edition,i had to buy the Normal edition as it have active Multiplayer servers :3

Patrol1985 said:

Not really. Both games are more or less equally dead ;)

Well, the game IS ten years old. I remember Doom 3's mapping/modding community used to be enormous from 2004-2009 ish and then it just died. Multiplayer along with it :/

RUSH said:

Well, the game IS ten years old. I remember Doom 3's mapping/modding community used to be enormous from 2004-2009 ish and then it just died. Multiplayer along with it :/

I know, I was merely stating a fact, regardless of circumstances or past states.