Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomGuy1588

TNT Evilution and Plutonia on Brutal Doom help

Are you using ZDoom? if so, I recomend getting ZDL (Zdoom Launcher). You can mount the Plutonia and TNT IWADS onto the launcher using the settings tab. Now select your brutal doom wad, then click on plutonia or TNT, and click on the button that says "Launch"

I have gzdoom and added both to the launcher and it takes me too the first level of doom 2

If you watch that video I did everything he said the only difference is I picked tnt instead of the first doom.

I have it set up exactly like he did in the video I have the wads in the same folder as gzdoom and all the brutal doom mods

You need to click on the IWAD you want to play with on the right side of the ZDL window.

the 4 iwads are loaded on zdl and I launch from them under main. When I select either plutonia or tnt it brings me to the first level of doom2 I have it set up exactly the same except for my wads are all in the gzdoom folder and not my steamapps folder.

And also I have more pk3 loaded under source port like the guy does in the video of the link i posted i dont know if that makes a difference or not though

I don't think your understanding me I've been doing what you're saying before you even posted in its still launches me into the first map of doom 2

What do you mean? The tnt and plutonia wad I got from my steam apps folder when I purchased the game and moved them over to my gzdoom folder

Wait wait wait. If this is giving you trouble, click the Start Menu. Click run. Lead it into your gzdoom.exe. at the end type -iwad tnt.wad (or plutonia.wad) -file brutaldoom.pk3.

I had windows xp and this worked for me. Try it yourself.

DoomGuy1588 said:

The tnt and plutonia wad I got from my steam apps folder when I purchased the game and moved them over to my gzdoom folder

This may be the problem. G/ZDoom automatically checks for IWADs in your Steam folder, so moving them is not only unnecessary, but counterproductive. If you have your Doom II IWAD in your Steam folder, that may be the reason you are being taken to MAP01 of Doom II instead of TNT. Now, I'm not entirely sure about all this, so if I'm saying something stupid feel free to correct me.

Now, if you don't mind another method besides the launcher, just copy your TNT IWAD and your Brutal Doom pk3 into your G/ZDoom folder, drag and drop the pk3 over gzdoom.exe, select TNT as IWAD, and that should do the trick.

EDIT: Also, if I'm not mistaken, BD is only for GZDoom (not ZDoom) and Skulltag.