Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spike

I know it ain't Doom stuff but...

A helluvalot of people are waving their artwork round like dead cats, so here's my shit.
http://www.reznor.demon.co.uk/drawings/indexright.html
Anyway, there's a drawing of a winged demon in the works, as well as my interpretation of the Grim Reaper. I'm working on some designs for the Arch-Vile and Mancubus too, so i'll post these on the above site when i finish em.
Let me know what you think.

A helluvalot of people are waving their artwork round like dead cats

Hmm...then they must not be getting a lot of attention, because dead pussy only attracts necropheliacs

so here's my shit.

Here is some of mine too *throws a fat log at Spike* :P

Ah, but no-one can throw shit like Slipknot :)
Enough about terminology, what about drawings?

as in, 'they're awful' or 'they're scary'?

You must be a professional!

professional what?
on second thoughts, don't answer that :)

The artwork is nice, I'm browsing through it ATM. The real reason I'm posting, however, is this is the first time I've seen Fredrik's new fish. Phunny as phuk.

Not to mention weird as phuk.

fucky fucky fuck.
phucky phucky phuck.
eh?

Spike said:

Ah, but no-one can throw shit like Slipknot :)
Enough about terminology, what about drawings?

SLIPKNOT

Fuel the chainsaw.

Argh, not a Mushroomhead vs Slipknot debate, please!
I like 'em both. There.

Spike said:

Argh, not a Mushroomhead vs Slipknot debate, please!
I like 'em both. There.

I'm not saying which one is better, I'm just saying slipknot ripped mushroomhead off to the fullest.

Regardless of their dress senses (uniforms, masks, etc), they sound pretty much nothing alike. Slipknot lend more from KoRn in their sounds, while Mushroomhead have definitly drawn their style from the heavier Faith No More tracks (ie Jizz Lobber).
Do my drawings actually frighten people?

Spike said:

Do my drawings actually frighten people?

Only if I was worried about ever making profit off mine.

I spent years with people asking me to draw fluffy bunnies, stuff like that. I'd rather draw something that has a strong effect on someone than a bland drawing that you could reproduce in a photo.

People say my stuff is disturbing - that's one of the best compliments i can recieve :)

I don't really think pencil drawings can be disturbing, but if you were to get photo-quality reproductions of them I might agree.

It probably varies from person to person. My wife can't even look at the 'Tellyhead II' drawing.
As for photo-quality, i sometimes think that if you make a fantasy drawing *too* photorealistic, it detracts from the fact the fantasy.
Then again, maybe i'm making excuses for not being able to get them *that* good. :)

There's that echo again.

I'd like to take up drawing again. problem is, whenever I try to draw anything, it just sems like it sucks, and I don't have any of the special techniques that all artists say you should use.

Oops.

It's not my fault I had to submit replies for 10 minutes before they took.

Spike said:

It probably varies from person to person. My wife can't even look at the 'Tellyhead II' drawing.
As for photo-quality, i sometimes think that if you make a fantasy drawing *too* photorealistic, it detracts from the fact the fantasy.
Then again, maybe i'm making excuses for not being able to get them *that* good. :)

I have yet to see a drawing with photo quality - the closest I've come to photo-realistic artwork, would be a few paintings by some famous painter I saw while my parents dragged me to an art gallery when I was a kid.

dsm said:

I have yet to see a drawing with photo quality - the closest I've come to photo-realistic artwork, would be a few paintings by some famous painter I saw while my parents dragged me to an art gallery when I was a kid.

search the web for "hyperrealism"

NOT BAD, Spike!
Don't mind BBG by the way-he's an ass :P

Good drawings, liked number 4 & 5.
Scanning could have been better, its totally messed up the tonal balance.
Unless the originals were like the :D

DSM's got some pretty excellent artwork and writes very well on the fan-fiction forums - i don't mind him one bit. Constructive criticism is always welcome.
Thanks for the compliments tho, dude :)

Big Al - i only had access to an a4 scanner, so scanning in an a3 piece of artwork was a pain. I lost a lot of the resolution too.
Murr...