Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Weedster

Teachers are retarded

I would hope that in this day and age we all know how to turn off an IBM computer properly with Windows on it, right? Heh, wrong; you should meet my U.S. History teacher.

Every time I see the computers come on in his classroom, Scandisk starts up. At first I only noticed it at the beginning of the year. We never used them much after that. Then came this semester, which will end next week (only one more year after this, YIPEE!), and now we use the computers a lot. The frequent scandisk startups start to annoy me, so I ask Coach Kuhn what the fuck is going on (not those exact words).

"What do you mean?" he asks. I go on to tell him about the whole sca disk problem. Well, actually I ask him who turns the computers off every day.

"I do," he says.

"Do you go to Start>Shut Down or not?"

"I just push the button."

Now go figure on the rest of my rant.

Nothing to get that pissed off, ScanDisk only takes like five minutes, even less if you press the "STOP" button.

heh i only do it on purpose at my computer lab cus this punk ass kid plays sonic the hedgehog all the fucking time and saves the state every 5 secconds. so me and my friend ( who, thanks to me, is now computer literate.) and me formated the computers he said was his in the computer lab. also, we like to tease the kids waiting for the computer to just turn it off after we fuck with the registry. lol

Yes, but the thing is to never have to run it in the first place. It's no wonder people always complain about computers....THEY NEVER FUCKING SHUT THEM DOWN PROPERLY!!!!!!!!

Maybe this should be in religion and politics....

Teachers are retarded

ART THOU INSULTING MY MOM???
At least she knows how to turn modern computers off properly.

Sorry dude...didn't know your mom was a teacher.

My sis wants to be a teacher...I pity her, she wants to teach at an "at risk" school.

Apology accepted.
My mum WAS a teacher (on high-school level thankfully) - don't know how good a teacher since I never spoke to her students.
You better tell your sister right away that being a teacher is one of the suckiest and most ungrateful jobs available.

You have to do about three times as much homework as the students, you have to deal with troublesome students (the morons who don't know how to behave in a classroom), unless you're a really good teacher, you often don't get anything but complaints from the students and furthermore, you are completely powerless against brick stupid parents who think that "teachers are a bunch of lazy bastards who do nothing but relax and drink coffee all the time" and that the teachers should bring up their kids because they can't themsleves.

God am I grateful on my mum's behalf that she wasn't teaching kids - that woulda been Hell.

I've already told her countless times that she should reconsider her career goals, but then again, without them we'd have no school and therefore everybody would be ignorant. My mom's right; teachers are way too underpaid.

Over here, most computers except the modern 1GHz CPU workstations have Safety Cards, I.E. modified hard disk content gets reset every time you reboot. This means that you can shut computers off however you like and they will start smoothly.

You are retarded, for saying TEACHERS are retarded for the actions of ONE FUCKING TEACHER.

bigbadgangsta said:

You are retarded, for saying TEACHERS are retarded for the actions of ONE FUCKING TEACHER.

Oh, I have a list of retarded teachers I can read off of for you.

Fredrik: Well, we don't, so :P

Sure, there ARE teachers who should never have been permitted anywhere near kids in the first place - my Mum was once a teacher at this gawd awful school, came home really pissed evry day - not because of the students, but because of the stupid management and her stupid colleagues.
Indeed mummy has been across some retarded teachers herself.

dsm said:

Sure, there ARE teachers who should never have been permitted anywhere near kids in the first place

Yeah...I have a couple of them as instructors. Grr...

so what? look, it's not a big thing, it's just turning off a computer, it's not mass murder k? They aren't criminals just because they don't care about how it's supposed to be done!

Oh yeah, I was going to say they do the same thing at my school, but only because they have all the computers on one switch. Its not like it fucks up the computers, and its not really a hastle (I always just hit the Stop button or whatever).

Perhaps he is not stupid but quite happy to fuck you over every time you have to boot computer. Perhaps he knows it will piss you off and is doing it on purpose :)

Archvile64 said:

Nothing to get that pissed off, ScanDisk only takes like five minutes, even less if you press the "STOP" button.

If you don't shut down properly you're asking for data corruption or even the complete loss of some files and directories.

Scandisk is an attempt to fix things if they go wrong, but it sucks so much with FAT32 that it's like trying to put a band-aid on a shotgun blast to somebody's face.

My computer freezes alot, and I have to shut the power strip down or unplug the computer because the on/off switch is connecting to the fuckin' OS.

Fredrik said:

Over here, most computers except the modern 1GHz CPU workstations have Safety Cards, I.E. modified hard disk content gets reset every time you reboot. This means that you can shut computers off however you like and they will start smoothly.

wow, that sucks

Weedster said:

Well, that's how it's supposed to be. When my brother first put Win95 on his computer, I'd always go to the DOS prompt and power it off from there. I knew better, but that was just to make a point.

JavaGuy said:

My computer freezes alot, and I have to shut the power strip down or unplug the computer because the on/off switch is connecting to the fuckin' OS.

uhhh, try holding the button down for a while, trust me It's much better than flipping the surge protector switch, I managed to fuck up a perfectly good 25gb hard drive like that.

orion said:

so what? look, it's not a big thing, it's just turning off a computer, it's not mass murder k? They aren't criminals just because they don't care about how it's supposed to be done!

Hey, if they want to spend more money on another computer for the school and raise out taxes to supply them that money, hey...I'm not complaining...

You ever heard of bad clusters on the HD? Yep. Too much just whacking the power button with Windows running and that's what you are asking for. Also, seeing as how Windows and Windows programs are constantly writing to the disk at random times (important stuff sometimes too) you can see how an unluckily timed powerdown can cause problems.

Always shut down properly when possible. Sheesh.

stphrz said:

You ever heard of bad clusters on the HD? Yep. Too much just whacking the power button with Windows running and that's what you are asking for. Also, seeing as how Windows and Windows programs are constantly writing to the disk at random times (important stuff sometimes too) you can see how an unluckily timed powerdown can cause problems.

Always shut down properly when possible. Sheesh.

Read the post I made above, I fucked up a nice 25gb pc that way. It's still nothing to over react to, hey it's their pc, let them do what they want with.

Weedster said:

"Do you go to Start>Shut Down or not?"

What an idiot. That teacher needs to buy that Video Professor program whose advertiser is so dim-witted that he can't think of better word to describe the software than "product." They deserve each other!

dsm said:

You have to do about three times as much homework as the students, you have to deal with troublesome students (the morons who don't know how to behave in a classroom), unless you're a really good teacher, you often don't get anything but complaints from the students and furthermore, you are completely powerless against brick stupid parents who think that "teachers are a bunch of lazy bastards who do nothing but relax and drink coffee all the time" and that the teachers should bring up their kids because they can't themsleves.

I dunno why, but it seems like getting along with the kids would be the easy part of teaching, at least for me...

Heh, I just noticed this is thread # 6969 =)

Ya know with XP when I push my power button every program closes, asks if there's something unsaved to save, then quickly shuts right the fuck off through the nice procedure.

If you have XP, shut down and restart. When you're back on your desktop and haven't done anything... try it if you haven't. =)

Well, these computers run off of 95 and 98SE, some with 2K Pro. But one really sad thing is that my history teacher just turned 30 a couple of months back, so he's not an old fart like my dad. Fuck, my mom is older than he is and can do more shit with it than he ever could!

Bah, I don't care; as some of you put it, let them shut them down the way they want to.