Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kracov

Need some advice for this doom scene

http://i.imgur.com/ac7nvAD.jpg

I'm working on my next Doom art. Hopefully I can get some advice from artists here. See the spire on the left side? I want a rocklike structure protruding from the ground but it looks stupid. The Doomguy will likely be firing a shotgun at the lunging Baron. Just wonder if I should give him a pistol in his other hand. I don't want to be over the top.

It's late and I'm about to go to bed, so I won't say much for now. Basically, you've got a nice start. Try articulating the mountain ranges. Look up some good reference images of mountains and volcanoes that look hellish to you and see if you can weave it into the background.

The cacos look wierd, but the rest is fine flesh with no end.
It also looks like the cover of Green Day's "dookie"

Yeah, but I didn't want to draw 300 monsters individually. I'm still not a great artist, I need a tutor

Your artwork is already very nice and individual in style, do not get me wrong with that 'cut and paste' feel i commented on.If you realy
think you need a tutor, then you could try to atract one with a blog entry on deviantart.

I've tried journals, which i never get comments from. the deviantart forums is sometimes helpful, but many of them are not better than i am at art techniques.

my advise is or you to look at the doom inferno intermission screen for inspiration on landscape and architecture