Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dannebubinga

DB2 lags in windows 8.1

Since I updated from windows 7 to windows 8.1, db2 have lagged like hell in 3d mode. Sometimes it works without any lag but it's more common that it lags. It doesn't matter if I reboot or if I open db2 before opening any other programs or applications.

It stopped lagging when I downgraded my graphic driver but now it's back to lagging again. Atm it's lagging so bad that mapping feels like a chore.

Is anyone else experiencing this or are you all really cool windows xp users? I just don't know where to start troubleshooting...

I noticed on one of my computers the 3D movement feels really choppy in Windows 7. The renderer isn't lagging because camera rotation is still fast, but moving the camera is sluggish. I got mad and switched to Slade 3.1 when I noticed Slade had a GUI I liked better too.

Curiously, I didn't experience the same issue when I tried out GZDoom Builder. Graphics driver issues are just not fun.

I don't get lag in DB2 visual mode, but a lot of the time my video card feels the need to reset (screen freezes for a couple seconds before resetting) and sometimes it just crashes the whole computer. Definitely something funky going on with the graphics/drivers/whatever.

I tried GZDoom builder and it runs like a charm. Thanks for the advice all :) I've heard about GZDB before but the "GZ" looked so scary that I stayed with good ol' DB2.