Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zed

Small issue with 3DGE

Hi there, Zed here.

In this last days I've finally got the time to properly configure (in depth) some source ports, and I found something curious about 3DGE.

Most of the time, but not always, when I fire or pick up an item, a small blue floppy disk icon appears at the top of the ammo indicators:

(Sorry, I took a lot of screenshots trying to show up the icon, with no success)

Now, it isn't really a big deal, just some "insignificant cosmetic issue", but it still puzzles me.

Anybody knows what's going on?

Thanks in advance and good day/night.

First off, are you using the latest version? I'm pretty sure 1.36F switched the disk-loading icon OFF by default (also as a request). My next guess is that the screenshot is displaying the old HUD, which was removed in the new release.

The loading icon is just a throwback to the original Vanilla Doom, generally means something is being read into memory. If you want this switched off (or on), use the following cvar in the console:

m_diskicon (VARIABLE) "0" means OFF, "1" means ON.

Chu said:

First off, are you using the latest version? I'm pretty sure 1.36F switched the disk-loading icon OFF by default (also as a request).

Oh, that must be it, I'm using 1.36E.

Chu said:

If you want this switched off (or on), use the following cvar in the console:

m_diskicon (VARIABLE) "0" means OFF, "1" means ON.

This actually works! But anyway, I think I'll better download the latest.

Thanks a lot for the fast answer!! I'm a happy man now :)

EDIT: typo

You are welcome. I'm glad you are enjoying 3DGE so far and its encouraging that so many people are finally giving it a shot.