Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
joe-ilya

Joe-Ilya : Lost maps Now on IDgames w/ low rating

J-I:LM is a project where I finish all of my unfinished/rejected/lost/unoficial maps and slap them into a mega/wad.

List of maps :
1 : Arenas (unofficial)
2 : Nuclear plant (rejected UDINO map)
3 : Underzone (rejected switcheroom 2 map)
4 : Plains (Unofficial birthday map for MR.chris)
5 : Underzone 2 (another rejected switcheroom 2 map)
6 : Ungreetings (unofficial birthday map for Rayzik)
7 : Flesh Flush (unofficial birthday map for Walter con.)
8 : Go control it (used to be an official map untill the project manager left)
9 : Non-organic processing (rejected Monochrome mapping community project map)
10 : Gotcha! (rejected D2INO map)
11 : 100 lines logo (late 100lines map)
12 : Toxic refinery (unofficial map for UDINO)
13 : Highway 71(a starter map for my community project named:Fit for song, which then became deaf because of the lack of support in the thread)
14 : Ghost town 2 (map for RDC #12, the project manager didn't officialy release the maps)
15 : Uptown (used to be an official map for "make a map inspired by other mapper style" but the project manager became deaf)
31 : The weapon (Unofficial map for RDC #12)
16 : Computer base (A map that was supposed to have no keys and no imps, this map is using imps actually)
17 : Between times (Unofficial)
18 : The clash (Unofficial)
19 : Another nuclear plant(Rejected map from UDINO)
20 : Another nuclear plant (Another rejecred map from UDINO)
21 : Four sins/Surrounded (Rejected map from PL1024)
22 : The end? (Especially made for this mappack)
Screenies :
MAP02
MAP04
MAP09
MAP13
MAP15

Download link : https://www.mediafire.com/?vrwz2kvndlryayx
IDgames link : http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/lostmaps.zip

Hmm... Your aesthetics could use an improvement, still. Good luck. Just keep mapping, and improving.

Where is the title picture from?

scifista42 said:

Where is the title picture from?

Dookie by Green Day, I believe.

You gonna try for vanilla compatibility? I always like seeing more vanilla material.

Digging that Green Day titlepic.

I might consider checking this out when it's ready, wouldn't mind playing a couple more joe-ilya maps.

Obsidian said:

Dookie by Green Day, I believe.

You gonna try for vanilla compatibility? I always like seeing more vanilla material.

It is dookie, just removed the bands name and album titles and put mine instead (edited via MS-paint)
Everything is going to be vanilla compatbility exept for MAP15, because the map is way too open and will cause VPO's.

Good to hear, suitepee.

Guest Unregistered account

Nice looking screenies! I only recognized the last one from the famous Post your Doom picture! thread, but the first one seems somehow familiar. Hmm.
I won't comment on your asthetics as you're two years older than me, but I like the base/greenery hybrid ones, and I'm digging that E4 sky. ;)

I wish I could revive all my projects. Would certainly leave more room on my disk...

Finished putting stuff and all that on MAP15! Onto MAP12!
If someone wants to playtest, feel free, just don't FDA MAP15.

MAP12 is done!

While this shot looks like a hallway, it's not, it even has sideway areas and some blockages to make you go to one of them.

Cell said:

Wait... on the MAP09 screenshot, is that a tree? o.O

As the name of the map suggests "Non-organic processing"

Magnusblitz said:

Trees are organic...

Watermelons are organic too, yet the japanese make them square. Think about it.

Did anyone see MAP31?

Breezeep said:

I decided to do a little demo on map 31. I'm not sure if it counts as a UV MAX though.

Link to Demo

Almost forgot: time was 1:05.

Heh, thanks for trying, definetly improvable.

The wad is on the accepted list.

Youtube video

Either trolling, or it actually suits joe-ilya's preferred fashion, I wouldn't be surprised if so. Speaking for myself, the "rapid-screenshots" part is funny for 2 seconds, all of the rest is awful.

Yech! Hate Green Day.

...but the levels may be worth checking out. Have enjoyed every Joe Ilya level I've played so far (all three of them).

I didn't see the YT video until now.... The Rosen drumming (clicking) was pretty damn funny

joe-ilya said:

The trailer wasn't thought up, I just whipped up a bunch of pics and sped up a song.

So you had no motive behind it? Was at least a go at being funny? Otherwise, I suggest that you start concentrating if you want people to take you serious.

I was playing it the other day, and I discovered this:

I was startled, to say the least. I work in a library, and honestly I would freak out if I walked in to work and found a demon dancing around on a bookshelf, his head stuck in the ceiling.

As I've thought more about it, I've realized that he's a baron. A noble. Who am I to judge what he does with his spare time? Heck, I was the one who broke in to his study, guns blazing. If anything, I'm the real demon in this situation.

You keep rockin' that bookshelf, Baron. Don't let anyone stop you, least of all me.

joe-ilya said:

Which maps?

Not sure if this was directed towards me, but I'll answer anyway. The maps I've enjoyed so far are the 2013 and 2014 Megaproject levels (don't worry, I'll get around to reviewing the 2014 one soon). Also liked Brick Trick Break from Nova II (will also review that sometime).

Toxie Rocks said:

Not sure if this was directed towards me, but I'll answer anyway. The maps I've enjoyed so far are the 2013 and 2014 Megaproject levels (don't worry, I'll get around to reviewing the 2014 one soon). Also liked Brick Trick Break from Nova II (will also review that sometime).

Heh, the 2013 wad map? I thought everyone hates it.

Anyways, the wad is now on IDgames!
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file=levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/lostmaps.zip

Apparently, it's worse then 1024ABC and I've got lots of haters according to all the 0 stars I have.
I mean, jee. Even 1024abc doesn't have that much 0 stars

Lol at the thread title. :D Cool levels as usual here: easy to pick up and play, varied and colorful, with constant action and surprises everywhere. Ignore the haters obviously, they haven't said anything new in years.