Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MD922

Hellbound demos [-complevel 2]

Map14 maxed in 9:08

Note that you need to have the intercepts overflow emulation toggled OFF in prboom+ to watch the demo. Otherwise an overflow will occur around the 5 minute mark.

hb14-908.zip

im going to guess w/o watching the demo that it's the linedef skip for the teleportation. i actually did it by accident while doing the tyson runs. let me watch the demo now and see :D

edit: yup! although i just bumped the archvile and he teleported and i didnt on a previous run, eliminating the need to trigger the cyber and the enemies to warp in. very odd.

Bumping this thread, heh.

Map 31 UV-Max in 8:26, PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4, -complevel 9

I'm very happy with this one. :D

hb31-826.zip

EDIT: Wasn't too sure whether to use either complevels 2 or 9, as there appears to be a mixed number of demos for each. Also, this plays back with the '2013-09' version of Hellbound.

Might as well attempt to fill in the remaining UV-Max slots...

Map 29 UV-Max in 25:47, PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4, -complevel 9

Must be played with 'HBFM29.wad' to work properly.

hb29-2547.zip

Edited by TheV1perK1ller

Almost got under four digits. A cool 'Knee-Deep in the Dead' tribute, this one.

Played on the '2013-09' version of Hellbound, as per the usual.

Map 18 UV-Max in 10:01, PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4, -complevel 9.

Only two more maps to fill the UV-Max table. Hopefully I will get those done by this time next week.

hb18-1001.zip

The UV-Max table for the 2013-09 version of Hellbound has finally been filled! :)

Map 24 UV-Max in 14:24, PrBoom+ v2.5.1.4, - cl9

Ugh, this map was a pain. Large open areas coupled with numerous Cacodemons is always a recipe for disaster. Not to mention that by the end, there were always a few stragglers wandering about making me waste time. I'm very happy with this result; I bested my previous one by more than six minutes. Might try and tackle some UV-Speed next.

hb24-1424.zip

1 hour ago, rdwpa said:

Good job, I think that is my favorite map in Hellbound, at least as far design is concerned. 

Thanks @rdwpa. Hellbound is certainly a doozy of a megawad, considering that its designed solely by one guy. A shame about the numerous monster blocking lines in many of the levels though.

Some lucky Halloween sessions resulted in Nightmare runs through two grand cities:

MAP14 NM100S in 2:24.

MAP24 NM Speed in 1:56.

hb14_24.zip

Edited by SAV88

TheV1perK1ller said:

Map 31 UV-Max in 8:26

Map 29 UV-Max in 25:47

Map 12 UV-Max in 13:29

Map 18 UV-Max in 10:01

Map 19 UV-Max in 12:46

Map 24 UV-Max in 14:24

Map 30 NM-Speed in 4:02

Excellent work! You are significantly stronger/speedier than most other greatest keyboarders, and your killer records are one of my main inspiration sources.

I decided to try optimizing the first truly epic-length Hellbound map some more. This high-tech monsterpiece is similar to my beloved MM2 MAP28 in several ways (and in fact even longer). Certainly the most challenging (even if not the most "prestigious") of all minute barriers I have broken in my first 13 years of speedrunning.

So, MAP12 UV Max in 9:55.

HB12-955.ZIP

Edited by SAV88

Another huge evil map beaten on skill 5. Somehow I spent a 60-second long crapload of lethal scenes without getting hit.

MAP27 NM100S in 2:17.

hb27s217.zip

Very nice run.  And yes, the first 60 s... --> nightmare reality category!  ;)

Now, the 5th demo in my series of sub-2:30 NM100S runs through Hellbound's monsterpieces.

MAP26 Nightmare Secrets in 2:28.97.

hb26s228.zip

MAP11 NM100S in 3:44 :) Took only 789 attempts to survive 6 times (previous exits were 4:04, 3:54, 3:58, 3:48 and 3:50).

Now just ¾ of my most favorite megawad remain undone on Nightmare.

hb11s344.zip

Edited by SAV88

fantastic demo - the hell knight surprise on the lift and the nukeage lift timing (love when it works out nicely!) were highlights.

what was the weird movement around the landing pad before the two cybers? linedef skip?

Yes, I skipped the door-closing linedef #3957 (like in Azuruish' helpful TAS Movie). Thanks for appreciating, though that lift-catching is one of the most trivial parts :)