Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

ESP (33 hard maps)

Download: ESPv2.zip

33 hard maps that I tested myself. Max demos for all maps included (speed demo for map30).

-complevel 9 for MAP01-17, 31-33
-complevel 2 for MAP18-30

MAP01: Degrassi (from SF2012.wad)
    100% Par Time = 59:55

MAP02: Castle of the Damned (from SF2013.wad)
    100% Par Time = 11:53

MAP03: Escaping the Spiral Labyrinth (from SF2013.wad)
    100% Par Time = 70:34

MAP04: Rosewater Park (from tom19.wad)
    100% Par Time = 4:57

MAP05: dholes (from SF2013.wad)
    100% Par Time = 68:29

MAP06: Smedley (from tom19.wad)
    100% Par Time = 12:42

MAP07: KSP (from SF2012.wad)
    100% Par Time = 41:05

MAP08: Much Obliged (from tom19.wad)
    100% Par Time = 11:16

MAP09: Supernib (from SF2011.wad)
    100% Par Time = 26:46

MAP10: Forest of Undesirables (from 100LineN.wad)
    100% Par Time = 6:56

MAP11: Chocolate Pain (from SF2011.wad)
    100% Par Time = 21:48

MAP12: Brookhaven Hospital (from SF2012.wad)
    100% Par Time = 16:59

MAP13: Castle Lava (from SF2012.wad)
    100% Par Time = 17:15

MAP14: Split Wide Open (from SF2012.wad)
    100% Par Time = 8:18

MAP15: Drown in Blood (from tom19.wad)
    100% Par Time = 33:42

MAP16: Be Quiet (from tom19.wad)
    100% Par Time = 2:42

MAP17: Stares (from 100LineN.wad)
    100% Par Time = 5:28

MAP18: 64lemons MAP03 (from 64lemons.wad)
    100% Par Time = 10:01

MAP19: Cassie Steele (from cassie.wad)
    100% Par Time = 25:37

MAP20: Double Imp Act (from bustagut.wad)
    100% Par Time = 4:11

MAP21: The Room Below (from roomblow.wad)
    100% Par Time = 36:37

MAP22: 64lemons MAP02 (from 64lemons.wad)
    100% Par Time = 4:26

MAP23: Nina Dobrev (from ninadobrev.wad)
    100% Par Time = 11:33

MAP24: 64lemons MAP01 (from 64lemons.wad)
    100% Par Time = 5:19

MAP25: Nina Dobrev 2 (from nina2.wad)
    100% Par Time = 17:47

MAP26: Ben Stein's Money (from bensteinsmoney.wad)
    100% Par Time = 7:07

MAP27: 64lemons MAP04 (from 64lemons.wad)
    100% Par Time = 24:59

MAP28: The Necropolis (from reality03.wad)
    100% Par Time = 1:42

MAP29: Peter Perv's Private Place (from pppp.wad)
    Demo requires ESP29.bex
    100% Par Time = 34:26

MAP30: Bump (from bump.wad)
    Map requires Nightmare difficulty or -fast
    Speed Par Time = 2:17

MAP31: Nostril Caverns (from nostril.wad)
    Map and Demo requires ESP31.bex
    100% Par Time = 151:31

MAP32: Eternal Memories 1 (from SF2011.wad)
    100% Par Time = 52:55

MAP33: Merkin (from merkin.wad)
    100% Par Time = 5:28

amazing WAD! I love your giant architectural style and your playing skills frankly daunt me

Umm... I actually fail to see the reason for all this, ToD. Were you dissatisfied with your maps being released in other forms?

^ I like it. More convenient to have everything in one file than disseminated through various wads, for me. Sometimes I want to play a map by a particular author, in his very specific style, but I don't know which one exactly before I ruffle through his various levels. Much easier to do that with a compilation. :)

Yes! This was a welcome surprise. What phml said: It's much more convenient this way.

Everyone knows slaughtermaps aren't hard though. It's all about circling around revenants for 1 hour. Worst wad ever 0/5.

Imagine this with brutal doom!!

Well, I wasn't going to have a wank today but I think you changed my mind. Please tell me that the music track is changed in Degrassi. I found the music in that to be really bad, personally. Oh another thing, wasn't Smedley a ZDaemon map? Either way, it is nice that a nice portion of your maps are now compiled together.

dannebubinga said:

Yes! This was a welcome surprise. What phml said: It's much more convenient this way.

Everyone knows slaughtermaps aren't hard though. It's all about circling around revenants for 1 hour. Worst wad ever 0/5.

Imagine this with brutal doom!!

You're joking, right?

Anyways, I'll try this for myself.

Cool idea indeed, although I think it would make more sense to adjust map order chronologically, from oldest to newest.

j4rio said:

Cool idea indeed, although I think it would make more sense to adjust map order chronologically, from oldest to newest.

This is an interesting idea... Chronicles of ToD, heh.

Also ToD, please check your PM box. :P

Downloaded! I agree with those who say it's nice to have all these maps collected together. Better for me than seeking out each one for download. I've wanted to check out your stuff for awhile. Besides, 2 maps are named after the delicious Nina Dobrev. Nuff said. ;)

Sellout! :) But seriously, I'm with Dem here, and I think it's a bad situation that you now have same maps in different releases. But it's your choice and I'll respect it.

Yeah you should be ashamed of yourself for making a compilation of your own works. What a crazy idea that I've never seen anyone do before.

I think the only inclusions I would disagree with is the Time of Maps seeing as they're already in a multi-level wad. "Rosewater Park" I am sure is from ToM19, I am certain "Much Obliged" and "Be Quiet" are too. I am glad too have seen some new ones I haven't seen/been meaning to play, especially "The Room Below" and "Cassie Steele".

Woah, this needs to be hosted on one of the online Dooming events. Looks like awesome fun for cooperative / survival!

Thanks for comments :)

Demonologist does have a point, there are no new maps and they've all been released already. A couple days ago I randomly thought "hey, I bet I could make tom19 a full megawad by now", then I went through all my potentially format-compatible maps and ended up with more than I thought. So I added a bunch of maps together that all have BFG and cyberdemons (except map30) for convenience.

The goal was to compile all the maps, textures, dehacked, etc. together while keeping already-recorded demos in sync, which worked out nicely (I also made some bug fixes in maps without desyncing). I don't think the pppp demo could have been saved because the keendie codepointer was on a different frame than the other wads, and because the cyber is immune to splash damage, I couldn't make a special cyber just for the pppp map without replacing the spiderdemon (which was already used in other maps). Annoying because I got all the other dehacked stuff from pppp working without desyncing.

Springy: Degrassi music hasn't changed lol, but check out map26 for some truly terrible music. Smedley was a zdoom map yes, but converted to boom in tom19 map06.

j4rio: I like doing stuff chronologically, but it would be annoying if anyone plays through the wad without pistol starting, because of different complevels. So, I divided maplist into complevels, then into long/short maps based on max times, then just picked from there (bump was always map30).

dew: I'll reply soon :P

Download: ESPv2.zip (final version)

This is ESPv2: Cacoward Edition. I'd like to apologize to the BtSX team for releasing this on the same day as their EP2 and taking away their glory and cacoward this year, but I'm not really sorry. This new version replaced the loserfag maps with Stares (100LineN map17) and Double Imp Act, while also adding everyone's favourite pubic wig, Merkin, as map33. But what really took this wad into cacoward country is that I replaced Real Village with everyone's favourite mucus spelunking marathon, Nostril Caverns. And there are now max demos included for every single map. Therefore, I will now give my cacoward acceptance speech: "First of all, I would like to thank God, but more importantly, I would like to thank Satan". This is not a joke wad.

I like bump. One of the more interesting things to have been put in the map30 slot. It's a shame about the fast monsters thing, but this wad was inevitably not going to be something people can just sit down and casually play straight through like memento mori or something.

For me the only thing I don't really like is the way the sky now looks in the tom19 maps. You should really get them all in the same episode and give that episode a blank sky tbh.

I was able to see the room below demo (and a couple others I hadn't seen before) since I think it was for doom1 originally (which I don't have).

Awesome morky. I didn't realize this before, but after compiling this wad I noticed that it's possible to play doom1 maps in doom2 just by renaming the map lump from E1M1 to MAP01 in xwe or whatever. And playing it with the doom textures for doom2 wad would give the extra doom textures. All while maintaining demo compatibility.

GoS: I think it's just map06 and map15 that have the blue sky, the other tom maps have the black one. map06 had a lot of sector tags and I like the blue sky, so I didn't want to spend time making sky transfers.

Здравствуйте. Каждая карта pistol start? Если нет то...
Я играю в zdoom, просто для удовольствия. В .bat написано следующее "zdoom -file "wads\espv2.wad" -deh "wads\ESP29.bex" "wads\ESP31.bex" счетчик патронов пропал и теперь они бесконечные на первой карте. Так и должно быть? Или патроны должны быть только на map29 и map31?
++++++++++++++++++++++
Google translate...
Hello. Each card is a pistol start? If not, then...
I play zdoom, just for fun. The following is written in .bat: "zdoom -file "wads\espv2.wad" -deh "wads\ESP29.bex" "wads\ESP31.bex" the counter of cartridges is gone and now they are endless on first map. So it should be? Or should cartridges only be on map29 and map31?

ESP31.bex предназначен только для 31 карты, в которой задумано, что патроны бесконечные. В других его не надо использовать.

Точно также ESP29.bex нужен тольно для запуска 29.

Если не слишком сложно, то правильнее играть с пистол старта. Именно так уровни тестились.