Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Infirnex

Lizard Squad, DDos Attacks and Bomb Threat

So apparently I just got word of this hacker group that has been DDos'ing major companies, including Sony. The PSN service this weekend has been in pretty rough shape due to this apparently. They are apparently going on to attack Blizzard and Battle.Net

Oh, and they made a Bomb Threat about explosives on a plane. Said Plane had Sony Online Entertainment President John Smedley on it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2014/08/24/psn-down-as-sony-blizzard-riot-and-others-are-under-siege-by-hackers/

So...honest, I do not have a big deal with PSN. It does show that after the last hack in that PSN had a couple years ago, they didn't really do anything to fix it (Maybe. That was a Hack, and this is a DDos).

On the other hand, the bomb threat is pretty uncalled for.

Thoughts on this? I was pretty surprised to not find a topic for this already.

(Lizard Squad twitter btw: https://twitter.com/LizardSquad)

If it is true then the perpetrators could be children having fun with ddos tools not understanding what is going on and what they are doing,
or adults with some kind of mental problem... Why in the world would somebody DDOS gaming companies their gaming services in the
described manner if they are not mental.

Infirnex said:

On the other hand, the bomb threat is pretty uncalled for.

Uncalled for and stupid, since it's likely to attract the attention of people who can make their lives a living hell, and I'm not referring to the FBI.

Oh, I thought this was about this Lizard Squad.

Anyway, considering the plane threat, this sounds like a little group seeking for attention. And they are likely to get into very serious trouble, let's see what happens.

Zed said:

Oh, I thought this was about this Lizard Squad

Admittedly chuckled a bit at that confusion.

If I read the twitter, and I am to assume that it is correct, then the FBI is already involved. They did commit a felony, although they worded it as if they "got word" of a bomb, rather than saying they placed one.

I am interested to see how this devolves.

Zed said:

this sounds like a little group seeking for attention. And they are likely to get into very serious trouble, let's see what happens.

I sure hope so!

Looking at the twitter i conclude that all i read are ;
LOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOO, ON YA FORHEAD ROFL TROL lalala hahaahaaaaa's.

And that is literal, It strengthens my first impression.