Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

This is how you DONT react when your son tells you he's gay

Beginning of video: "Daniel, I want you to know that I still love you"

End of video: "Daniel, I'll beat your fucking ass! Your a disgrace!"

I relish how his family could manage be surprised after living with a voice as flamboyant as his...

It could be a lot worse for parents these days. Image if your kid came home from collage claiming to be an omni-sexual dragon-kin who identifies as being gender fluid-- YOU WILL ADHERE TO MY SELECTED PRONOUNS CISHET SCUM!

I pray that my kid is a normal homosexual.

Not sure I understand how she can say that she's known he was gay since a young age and then in the very next sentence claim that he's "made a choice" to be gay. That's some serious cognitive dissonance at work there. It's like these idiots don't even listen to the words coming out of their own mouths.

fraggle said:

Not sure I understand how she can say that she's known he was gay since a young age and then in the very next sentence claim that he's "made a choice" to be gay. That's some serious cognitive dissonance at work there. It's like these idiots don't even listen to the words coming out of their own mouths.

Welcome to the south.

There was some gay celebrity on the TV show Scandal that did an interview. He said when he came out to his parents they said there's a lot of alcohol with gays.

There's also a lot of money. No kids.

"You go bah awl the scientific stuff yew wawnt to, I go bah the werd of GAWD."

What a fucking moron. Shoot her.

Gives a bad name to the intelligent Christians out there.

"YEW NO U WUDDN'T BORN DAT WAY" then proceeds to hit the poor kid.

"I DUN ERRY THING IN DA WERLD FER U"

There's an IQ of at most 60 in that room with all of them combined, aside from that poor kid..

"GYAD SAEIS I HAVE TO KYIEEK YA'LLR'S ASS. SCREAM MIC CLIPPING."

Because fuck actually teaching good morals through religion in these down-under broke-bland tiny-brained hell hole of the lower ass of this eh country we call America.

Who gives a fucking damn. God made dolphins, and dolphins are gay. Why would god make something bad that he doesn't like, that would suggest his creation is flawed, and would suggest god is flawed. So god wouldn't be always right. So why listen to god.

So god must be alright with gays. Otherwise is unfit to be worshipped. By the context of this logic, maybe at least. That's the fun thing about religion, you can say any bullshit you want and if you hammer it into people around birth they'll believe it forever. As long as it has its own internal logic at least. Doesn't have to really make sense, just look like it does.

I should just refrain from watching videos like this. I get so angry I start shaking. Gotta just ignore the fucking dumbass braindead pieces of shit out there... Gotta take comfort in the fact that plenty of people out there aren't like this..

Doomkid said:

I should just refrain from watching videos like this. I get so angry I start shaking. Gotta just ignore the fucking dumbass braindead pieces of shit out there... Gotta take comfort in the fact that plenty of people out there aren't like this..

Quickly, the only way to make this rage go away is to donate lots of money to his gofundme.

Technician said:

Quickly, the only way to make this rage go away is to donate lots of money to his gofundme.

$38,401 of $2,000 wish i was gay

I love laughing at white trash. Makes me feel better about myself. Selfish, ignorant, and pitiful, right?

I wish Jerry Springer would do this family. And I mean anal.

Ralphis said:

$38,401 of $2,000 wish i was gay

Me, too. Being gay is the only way for a white male to ride the oppressed gravy train.

These people live in another century, and that is not a woman, that is a wo-man based upon the heavy sounds of beating up the kid.
These idiots are completely out of breath at the end of the video and they barely had to use their lungs for that type of screaming.

A small recap of this insane video;

The mother ; 'I love you'
The mother ; 'You go by all tha scientific stuff yu wan to, i'm goin by Da werd uf gawd.'
The mother charges in and beats the living stuff out of the boy.

The father ; 'You are a damn queer you piece of shit'
Severely heavy hitting sounds because of the beating.

Apearantly they gathered a lot of money to support the boy / man on that crowdfunding website.

That money counter is going banannas, it raises like no tomorrow ;

$41,541 of $2,000
Raised by 1,539 people in 1 day

Due to the quality of the video, it could all be an ingenious well acted scam. I need to start figuring out these schemes so I can make a boat load of money. You know, before these other guys run great ideas like this dry.

Clonehunter said:

Due to the quality of the video, it could all be an ingenious well acted scam. I need to start figuring out these schemes so I can make a boat load of money. You know, before these other guys run great ideas like this dry.

We all dream of fast money.

Technician said:

Nah, I'm not gonna donate to one person suffering through the same the millions have already gone through. There's already far more than enough money there to find a place to live and start a new life.

I personally wouldn't trade my parents who actually love me and gave me a secure upbringing for $40,000 - Not now, not ever. If my parents WERE hateful pieces of worthless dogshit, the idea would probably be more tempting.

I really don't understand how plowing another dude's asshole or munching carpet is so unacceptable that you turn into a monster when you find out your kid does that. Yes, to us heterosexuals, it's gross, but what homosexual doesn't find our bedroom activities gross? Isn't that really what it boils down to, the inability to get over that repulsion?

GoatLord said:

I really don't understand how plowing another dude's asshole or munching carpet is so unacceptable that you turn into a monster when you find out your kid does that.

One word: heteronormativity.

ITT: progressive and enlightened people make a stand against intolerance by insulting rednecks.

Because you cease to be an actual human being worthy of compassion and understanding if you're dumb and old and ugly, amirite?

Phml said:

ITT: progressive and enlightened people make a stand against intolerance by insulting nazis/kkk/[insert hate group here].

Because you cease to be an actual human being worthy of compassion and understanding if you're bigoted and irrational and violent, amirite?

I'm sorry for invoking Godwin's law (actually no, I'm not), but I think you're oversimplifying and generalizing a bit too much here. I think it does a disservice to the discourse on this subject. Would you apply that same argument in favor of other hate groups? Just because the fundie Christians exert their power in more subtle and indirect ways than other infamous hate groups doesn't make their actions any less harmful. It's really equivalent to Jim Crow laws, just pertaining to sexual minorities instead of racial minorities.

It's not that we're dehumanizing them, it's that we're calling out the harmful actions of stubborn people in the hopes that something is done to stop their detrimental effects on society. Religious bigotry is a large problem in America (and this extends to many more issues than just sexuality). These people are likely naturally predisposed to having hateful personalities and are looking for some kind of outlet of minorities to hate and the justification to try doing so while being tolerated for their bigotry.

I don't think that their intolerance should be accepted or permitted when backwards and selfish fundies have so much power and influence over public social policy. Politicians - in an attempt to appease such people to remain in power - will often introduce or maintain legislation that takes away the rights of minorities, and will often attempt to repeal legislation that tries to give them equal rights. The solution is to weed out the roots of this problem. Shun oppressive thinkers from the public discourse; our guiding principle should be equal opportunity and rights for all people - and the responsibility and consequences of neglecting or abusing that responsibility that comes with such opportunities and rights.

Your kind of dismissive attitude to ignore and tolerate the problem only adds fuel to the oppression of others. Sometimes there really is a wrong side of the argument that should not be given any credence; it's long past due that these bigots stop having such power and influence to negatively affect others' lives. The collective matters, every action has wide reaching impacts on society as a whole.

I'm not trying to insult you and I hope I don't come across that way; I just wanted to express my disagreement and the reasons for it.

^ Hook, line & sinker. It's like your horse walks on stilts, heh. Are they shitty bigoted parents? Oh yes, they are. Are harsh words at their expense justified? Quite probably. Do they deserve to be "weeded out", disowned in turn from the American society and shunned by everyone righteous? Wait, that's what they're doing. Nice vicious circle of self-righteousness and imposing your values on others, don't you think?

See, what they did there wasn't nice and that physical escalation was uncalled for, but I somewhat doubt that it'd even qualify as domestic violence (lol @ people yelling "where da cops") and let's be honest, they probably aren't as selfish as you'd like them to be. They probably love their son a lot, because daaaamn, they spent 19 years doing their hardest to ignore the signs. I laughed out a little when the guy started talking, that voice is gay level >9000. It's not like he lived in the doghouse eating table scraps. The parents may have scummy self-righteous fundie values, but they are hardly Hitler.

Anyways, I admit I don't know the rest of the story (has he really moved out?), but he is 19 and there are many het kids that got thrown under the bus by their non-bigoted parents even sooner than that. And this guy went viral and has a money cushion many others can just dream of, heh. Talking about his destroyed emotional ties or whatever is a bit too melodramatic, I have ebola victims to weep about, so to speak. Good luck to the kid and don't be too hard on the parents, they're living beings too and they did just lose a son because of their bigoted stupidity. That's going to sting for a long time.

The guy's an idiot though. What, he didn't notice what kind of people his family is?

So the better thing to do would have been to get himself into a committed relationship with another man and have his parents find out that way?

Get financially independent and leave, without making a scene, recording it and posting it on the internet to earn pity money.

Clonehunter said:

You know, before these other guys run great ideas like this dry.

Never underestimate the gullibility of the left. There are so many people right now living off of white guilt donations.

Phml said:

ITT: progressive and enlightened people make a stand against intolerance by insulting rednecks.

It's like progressives became everything they hate! Who am I kidding, they always were.

Belial said:

What, he didn't notice what kind of people his family is?

Generally, I'd imagine it's different to the outside looking in. People can easily overlook various personal faults in close family members for the sake of love, compassion and togetherness and all that stuff. Everyone does that. It's not absurd at all to think any person, especially a gay person might believe their families would accept and love them unconditionally. My family is not liberal in any real sense, though not very religious either. Were I gay and were I to come out, I sincerely believe I would be regarded no less than I am now. But I could also be completely wrong.

With that said, he did covertly video the entire incident which probably means he knew full well what the outcome was going to be and wanted to put it on the internet.

Most people don't realize what it's like to be in an abusive situation. Just up and leaving can be nearly impossible because you're basically beat into thinking that they have complete control over you. I didn't leave my parents' house until I was 19, despite having a full-time position where I was making 60 hours a week. My mother was able to come into my workplace, take my checks, and cash them into a joint account. (She had the only debit card from this account. Kept it on her person at all times.) When I finally left, I had nothing but a garbage bag full of clothes and a few items I'd hidden in a pit I'd dug out back of my house. I'd managed to hide $400 from my parents and used that to get started on my own.

Despite all this, I would never wish that sort of misadventure on someone else. Abused people are often treated as if they'd asked for it. (You can see it in this thread, in fact.) Just getting out of the situation can do wonders for you, but the actual act is terrifying and you are often ill-prepared for life just because of how dependent you are forced to become on the people taking advantage of you.

That said, I can't tell if this is at all similar to my situation. I couldn't bring myself to watch the video, even though I'm otherwise moved on from my past. The summaries I'm reading, though, paint it as something close enough that all I can do is cheer on this kid for managing to escape. Some never do.