Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
joe-ilya

3d bridge bug or something

I put a 3d bridge on a flat place, it works correctly with -nomonsters but when it gets played normal, it doesn't work in vanilla doom.

Note:It has "block monster" lines on the bridge and the action lines and there are no monsters on the sector.

It is probably caused by some monsters being too close to each other or simply to the walls. Sometimes that prevents random sectors from moving. I think I could easily find them if you gave me the map.

Yep, just as I thought. You have a bunch of monsters stuck in floors (sectors 99, 100, 103, 105) and that prevents the bridge from moving because magic.

Unrelated to the problem, but I don't recommend putting monsters in sectors they don't fit in, at least in -complevel 2 compatible maps, because sectors with stuck monsters can't move in vanilla.

Memfis said:

Yep, just as I thought. You have a bunch of monsters stuck in floors (sectors 99, 100, 103, 105) and that prevents the bridge from moving because magic.

Unrelated to the problem, but I don't recommend putting monsters in sectors they don't fit in, at least in -complevel 2 compatible maps, because sectors with stuck monsters can't move in vanilla.

That sucks but it's just vanilla, it's always just vanilla.

Thanks for the information, I'll keep that in mind that when something doesn't move, I'll have to re/move monsters from the "door" sectors, I always thought it's a cool idea to put an imp under a door while there's a proof from a near window that there's nobody behind it, but I never did that in any of my maps, I'll do this trick in the future though.

EDIT:Now the bridge works, with and without monsters :)