Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

[V1.3] The Adventures of Square: Episode 1 - Cornered by Circles

Finally, this is out of beta! Now I can see just how bad I am at speedrunning this :P

Also, liking that website.

BlackFish said:

Is there a guide on what makes the difficulties different?

Not yet. Perhaps that should be put in a page on the website.

For those curious:

Easiest: Enemy/Item layout of Easy, health regenerates one per second up to 100. Hint arrows everywhere. This may change later on, but this seems fine enough.

Easy, Medium, Hard: Enemy/Item layouts changed.

Hardest: Enemy/Item layout of Hard, faster enemies and projectiles, crippled health pickups, and an additional exclusive enemy to ruin your day. In-Game Hints and cheats forced off, even if enabled (though the cheat one can be circumvented via console).

I saw this! Very cool indeed. :D (Pity the comments are all on Reddit though. D:)

I have to commend my team, the rest of Bigbrik Games, for assisting me in the creation of this - without their tireless assistance it wouldn't be half as solid a product as it is.

Fantastic news! The Adventures of Square is coming to EGX London 2015 THIS MARCH 12-14!

All the details are here:
http://www.egx.net/rezzed/news/leftfield-collection-revealed

If you're around there and then, come check us out! Myself, my brother (Baratus, the voice for Square), Matt "MTrop" Tropiano (the voice of the circles), and Jerry "jmickle" Mickle (our PR guy) will be showcasing the game over this period.

BE THERE AND BE SQUARE!

I wish I could be there to support you guys. I really like this game and I look forward for the next episodes. Wanted to wish you guys good luck and salute you for a job well done with Square.

We've finally done a trailer! Check it out, it's most awesome. Thanks to Xaser, MTrop and jmickle for doing it. :D

Just for fun, I did a speedrun of the 1.1.2 release on Skill 2 (because I'm bad :P ) It was quite fun, really, though it definitely could have gone better. A5, A8 and A9 (which I forgot to practice for some reason) in particular were the main mess-ups of the run.

This run was done in glsquare.exe

Times:

A1: 0:47.200 (decent start)
A2: 1:06.171 (messed up in the exit area, didn't get the jump quickly and accidentally triggered the airborne enemies)
A3: 1:31.114 (decent)
A4: 1:33.285 (could have gone better)
A5: 2:13.142 (got blocked and missed the Tritankle Door skip, in general was sloppy)
A6: 1:30.771 (realized afterward that I didn't need to pick up the sphere)
A7: 1:19.742 (pretty decent)
A8: 2:10.114 (went down the toilet after putting in the password to the Square key room)
A9: 2:48.514 (slow boss fight, forgot I was low on Goonades and didn't get the Quad Cannon on A6)
Total: 15:00.053

I'm hoping my calculation for the total isn't completely wrong, heh.

I'm very much looking forward to E2 and E3, they should be good fun just like episode 1 is!

Click this link to submit questions for the Adventures of Square mapping/Q&A stream I’ll be doing in about 14 hours!

Until then please submit some questions to me/the dev team and we’ll answer them onstream. One submission per user (but multiple questions are permitted in the field), please make it count!

Stay tuned to my stream and keep an eye on the countdown clock!

EDIT 9PM AWST:

https://www.twitch.tv/jimmybtsx
In the meantime let's make some music.

On 7/17/2017 at 6:07 AM, Pavera said:

gross

your just too square. and at least i don't have erectangle dysfunction.

Edited by hellcat