Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

[Debunked/Satire] 15 year old Swatter sentenced to 25 years

http://nationalreport.net/15-year-old-swatted-domestic-terrorism/ -- ?

Article of previous swatting incident -- This is however not satire

This is the kid who called in the latest "Swatting" Livestream incident on August 27th. Serves him right, tho I do think 25 years is a bit steep as punishment. Maybe 10 years plus 1 years probation would have cut it.

Found out this (NationalReport) is a satire site, like the Onion. Sorry for the misinformation

I did read it and wasn't too sure if it was or not. I found the article on the Escapist's off topic forums.

25 years for that? I think that's a bit much, it should be at least 5-10 years; like come on, he didn't go on a fucking massacre.

It's a damn easy way to get someone accidentally killed. I think 25 years is a good time, given the potential consequences. Well, strike that - I don't know about a 15-year-old getting a sentence that long, but definitely, in general, I think the sentence fits the crime.

I mean, I get that in the end, no harm was done or whatever, but this kind of thing could so easily end up as a horrible tragedy. All it'd take is one wrong move to have a SWAT team gunning down an innocent family.

Netherstorm said:

25 years for that? I think that's a bit much, it should be at least 5-10 years; like come on, he didn't go on a fucking massacre.

And yet swatting seems to be the closest one can get to a state-sponsored, delegated we-do-all-the-dirty-work-for-you massacre. Haven't you ever fantasized about sending some sort of punitive army against somebody who has wronged you? With SWAT, now you can! All you need is an anonymous phone call.

No combat training or weapon possession required, or even personal involvement. Just place the call and let the good ol' SWAT boys do the dirty work for you. Best of all? It's all legal!

I wonder how come gang members don't use SWATting as a way to take out rival gangs quickly and effortlessly...though I guess in that case there's a more direct risk of retaliation or even being counter-snitched, should there be any survivors. Probably their weird "gang honor" keeps them from doing that.

As abusive to emergency response teams as it is, I have to admit it's pretty fucking hilarious.

(about 35 seconds in)

Jail time is justified. 25 years is possibly excessive.

As Maes points out, it's akin to a state-sponsored attack on someone else's house. There need to be heavy consequences on people who try this kind of thing to act as a deterrent, or else there's the danger it will become more widely popular.

The statist solution to every crime:
forcefully take everyone's money via tax to pay for a cage
forcefully take everyone's money via tax to feed the criminal while in the cage

about 4 years jail time for grand theft auto of a $20,000 car
$150,000 annual cost per inmate
=$600,000 stolen under threat of force from tax payers to solve this $20,000 problem

Technician said:

What the fuck is "swatting" and why is it considered terrorism?

Making a false police report/911 call that ends up with police units, typically a SWAT team going to the reported person's residence when in fact there is no emergency or crime occurring there.

gggmork said:

statist

The fuck does that term even mean? It's like rightards found a new derogatory buzzword to throw around and confuse the people who usually pummel them with real arguments. If it ever had a meaning, it's already long lost - people use it in so many unrelated situations that it's already just another fuckhead term for "liberals", which means "people who oppose my moronic views" anyways.

Fuck that shit.

NationalReport I discovered is a satire site, sorry about the OP.

dew said:

The fuck does that term even mean?

Yes, another opportunity to gradually shift all forum information into the borg of voluntaryism
http://geekleagueofamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/pg2_e_evil01_576.jpg
I'm just a cult follower so its best to get the information unregurgitated from larken rose's semi recent youtube videos, or this archived forum is good when I was actually reduced to the obsolete activity of reading once when my youtubes stopped working: http://archive.freecapitalists.org/forums/TopicsActive.aspx?ForumID=
There I found nice pieces of troll memeplex such as this which uses the non aggression axiom as a base to reason that weapons of mass destruction should be criminalized because they can't be limited to target only criminals in self defense:
http://www.walterblock.com/wp-content/uploads/publications/theory_gun_control.pdf
and this which says minimum wage is the outlawing of jobs:
http://archive.lewrockwell.com/rothbard/rothbard124.html
Minarchists think the free market, which is just voluntary interaction, works 99% of the time and anarchists think it works 100% of the time. "Statist" is probably a derogatory buzzword to increase trolling and refers to people that reject voluntaryism in favor of involuntaryism. You can play the trololo song while you read this post if you want. Or john lennon imagine.

fraggle said:

It's a real phenomenon though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ziLjOPCQwg [/B]

Youtube vice news ;
Despite the hyper-vigilance of America's law enforcement, authorities still struggle to defend themselves from the unlikeliest of threats — tech-savvy teenagers. Police militarization meets hacker culture as VICE News investigates the dangerous crime of swatting.

I despise this part of the video ;
They show 'skype', somebody using a terminal in Ubuntu, and cell-phones, while degrading the internet...
Good way to yet again make people think that technology or non microsoft, safe, good operating systems are 'evil'. A terminal in a linux based OS is the
same as a damn dos-prompt (command) or powershell in windows.

'The hacker culture' has nothing to do with children using pre-made tools which even a braindead bird can use. Those are pank tools made by retards not
related to anything but retards.

Damn I would have liked to be the person to debunk this.

Ironically enough, I actually made a video about the asshole whose picture they used for this article, so the moment I saw that familiar image from a Facebook post, I knew it was BS. The kid in the picture was an oxygen stealing scumbag who killed a baby who wouldn't stop crying by smothering it and punching it while it was under his "care". He though he'd get a lighter sentence by freaking out in court. In reality, all it did was ensure a seat on the rape train in prison.