Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Reisal

Perfect World Entertainment buys Digital Extremes

Link

No.

No no no no no.

Gonna fuck up yet another free to play game, eh PWE? One of the better FTP games on the market this time?

I think I've got a few Perfect World games. Star Trek Online comes to mind. I have a few Steam friends that play Warframe a lot. I'll ask them how they feel.

Huh. Honestly not sure how to feel. As long as they keep from messing with Warframe too much, it shouldn't really make any difference.

The only game I got from PW is Blacklite but unfortunately I got an error every time it updates when I open the executable and because I don't know how to fix it I never got the change to play it yet.

Digital Extremes also helped Epic make the Unreal Tournament games, for those not knowing their background.

Honestly, I'm still just bitter over the loss of City of Heroes. First MMO I ever played, and unless some sort of miracle happens, I'll never play it again.

City of Heroes was published by NCSoft, no relation to Perfect World. Cryptic Studios developed the game but sold the rights and moved on before PWE was involved.

Neverwinter is all right, other than that I have no real reference with PW.

Why do these smaller companies let the larger ones consume them when it only comes back to bite them in the end if the larger ones grow unstable or start to make them do nothing of importance (Rare)?

In this case it wasn't so much that DE "let" them buy them, but that PWE bought enough stock shares to have a controlling ownership.

Avoozl said:

The only game I got from PW is Blacklite but unfortunately I got an error every time it updates when I open the executable and because I don't know how to fix it I never got the change to play it yet.

Run in safe mode, then change some settings.

I don't know what causes it, but safe mode fixes it.

Blacklight Retribution is actually a mighty fine game. It is the 8th most played game I own (out of 250), and I don't regret most of it.