Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X Episode 2 is out of beta! (v1.0.1 Aug 13, 2020)

I am glad to hear the good news about the v1.0.0 release. The last time I played, I encountered the bug on MAP25 that galileo31dos01 describes on page 13 of this thread, and didn't feel like cheating to bypass it (after all, Fireking clearly told me not to), so I left it there. I guess it's time to start another playthrough, and maybe actually finish the mapset this time!

Great news! I was looking for an excuse to replay this relic and I've already have gotten through "Shadow Port" and loved the gameplay changes you guys made but I also got a quick question. I was playing using Crispy Doom and I kept falling off of the fake bridge right after the yellow key door. Is that suppose to happened or did I mess something up?

1 hour ago, Uni said:

Great news! I was looking for an excuse to replay this relic and I've already have gotten through "Shadow Port" and loved the gameplay changes you guys made but I also got a quick question. I was playing using Crispy Doom and I kept falling off of the fake bridge right after the yellow key door. Is that suppose to happened or did I mess something up?

Sounds like I messed something up, then, actually... Nodebuilder change must have done it. It should be an easy fix but ARGH

Thanks for the report, please let me know if you encounter any similar issues elsewhere!

edit:

image.png

edit 2: Fixed with 1.0.1! Sorry about that, we forgot to consider the odd differences in self-referencing sector behavior between ZenNode and ZokumBSP.

Congrats on the release! I've been watching this low profile WAD for a while, I hope it gets the recognition it deserves!

Spoiler

/s

Is the Unity-port version affected by this bug? Just downloaded it tonight for PS4.

Surprised to see there's no new secret level this time around, like there was when episode 1 left beta. Ah well.

Congrats on leaving beta! I shall do a replay soon. Can't wait to see the big changes to map20!

Just now, Jayextee said:

Is the Unity-port version affected by this bug? Just downloaded it tonight for PS4.

Yes, it should be fixed there soon, though probably not today. Apologies! (You can still complete the map in the bugged version, you just have to run across the bridge instead of stopping in the middle of it...)

Great work guys! I remember lurking around long before I made an account and seeing this thread. E1 is still on my to-do list of wads but I can't wait to play this one!

I noticed that full sprite rotations, and various sprite fixes are not included in this new release, despite episode 1 including them.

3 minutes ago, Starduster said:

Great work guys! I remember lurking around long before I made an account and seeing this thread. E1 is still on my to-do list of wads but I can't wait to play this one!

That's cool, E2 was on my to-do list of wads for around 6 years :-)

Hope you enjoy them when you get to playing them!

Just now, StoneMason said:

I noticed that full sprite rotations, and various sprite fixes are not included in this new release, despite episode 1 including them.

To be honest I completely forgot that E1 even had them, it's been so long. Oh well.

2 hours ago, guitardz said:

You clearly haven't heard about Back to Saturn X Episode 4: Temporal Bootstraps of the Afterlife

Don't tease. That sounds great already.

6 hours ago, esselfortium said:

Sounds like I messed something up, then, actually

Oh, I thought it was a cool feature! I kept falling through it, then realized that there is not room over room, so I solved the puzzle after many attempts. Great job! I made my way to level 2 before I had to go somewhere. Already as great as episode 1! Can't wait for episode 3's release! 

Wow, I started this WAD a couple weeks ago and got up to MAP 25 earlier this week. Ha ha ha...

Guess that means I need to start over :P Congrats on the update!

This patch should ONLY be used if your source port doesn't support the optimized blockmap used in the mainline version of MAP20.

This version of the map avoids most of that optimization, and is thus NOT VANILLA COMPATIBLE, but will work with ports whose blockmap loading
behavior inherited a Boom engine bug.

What does that mean?

Edited by Dimon12321

I found this is Map20: there's a wall where enemies can simply fall off of (not as ghost monsters, btw). For reference, the wall's near the beginning, to the right after picking up the Plasma Gun.

Hope this helps.

The second image is a bit "confusing", so the middle of the screen is where Doomguy is (well, that's normal, but still).

BTSX E2, 1.png

BTSX E2, 2.png

@StoneMason Yep, seems you're right. It's just that I highlight the WAD files and slide them over the "glboom" file on my folder. I don't type anything into the command lines, since I'm a lazy bastard.

Oh well. Nothing serious, then.

Sorry about that! One of the blockmap optimizations utilized in map20 was broken in Boom a long time ago, and so Pr only handles them correctly under vanilla complevels like cl2. Running it under the wrong complevel means a lot of things are going to be walking through solid structures, probably including the player.