Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
esselfortium

Back to Saturn X Episode 2 is out of beta! (v1.0.1 Aug 13, 2020)

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Paul977 said:

On map 22 an imp (thing 566) is placed outside of the map

You can kill it through a window in the adjacent secret.

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/17/2020 at 8:32 PM, Gez said:

Probably not, if the aim is to have episode 3 on the Bethesda roster of official add-ons. Since these ports do not support DEHACKED modifications, custom actors become extremely unlikely.

I'm not sure how Cleimos II got away with its silly tank. Was Dehacked available at the time?

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, Budoka said:

I'm not sure how Cleimos II got away with its silly tank. Was Dehacked available at the time?

While dehacked did exist ~1995, Cleimos II doesn't actually have anything dehacked, it only changed the sprites. 

Share this post


Link to post

I got both episodes of the Mod on my nintendo switch. How exactly am I going to WadSmoosh the two episodes, split into two files each, into my personal WadSmoosh copy where it will be with the other official DLC as well as things releated to DTWID?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm playing this on the latest version of GZDoom and it seems like on Map19 (Unbaited Vicar of Scorched Earth) there's a bug preventing two Archviles from spawning in, making the map impossible to 100% without cheats. Watching someone else's playthrough where the bug is not present, it seems they are supposed to spawn right after you take the first teleporter near the rocket launcher, just before the supercharge and the blue key.

 

None of the compat flags I try seems to fix it, but I was playing it on Doom (Strict) when I first noticed it. I'm loading it with DoomLauncher.exe using the ZIP file directly, and it is version 1.0.1. No other mods except the high quality sound pack.

 

When I noclipped my way into the room where they're usually in, I could not get out through any means, but when I noclipped into the next chamber, I was able to teleport out.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, YaGirlJuniper said:

I'm playing this on the latest version of GZDoom and it seems like on Map19 (Unbaited Vicar of Scorched Earth) there's a bug preventing two Archviles from spawning in, making the map impossible to 100% without cheats.[...]

This was already reported, it's present in idgames version and affects all sourceports. Just a silly teleporter destination screwup we made while doing quick last-minute changes while rushing the release and forgot to test it.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello there!  I started playing through this again and seem to have run into a bug with Map 06, "Useless Inventions".  I've explored everywhere and tagged all secrets, yet there are six cacodemons that never teleported in from their "holding cells" outside the map.  I'm running GZDoom 4.4.2 with default compatibility.  Thanks!

Screenshot 2020-09-16 222733.png

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/16/2020 at 7:31 PM, Bytefyre said:

Hello there!  I started playing through this again and seem to have run into a bug with Map 06, "Useless Inventions".  I've explored everywhere and tagged all secrets, yet there are six cacodemons that never teleported in from their "holding cells" outside the map.  I'm running GZDoom 4.4.2 with default compatibility.  Thanks!

 

I had to edit my response, because Bytefyre is correct.

these cacos never show up,

 

 

Edited by Kappes Buur : added screenshot

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

 

Those cacos have a 50/50 chance to teleport to any one of 2 sectors.

 

bqAIxKW.png

 

Are you sure you looked in the right sectors?

After all, those are not the only cacos.

 

 

 

Thanks for the quick reply!  Yes, I'm certain...at this point, I've got 238/244 kills after Pain Elemental-spawned Lost Souls and Arch-vile resurrections were added to the total count.  Those six cacos are the only enemies remaining at this point.  I tried revisiting both sectors indicated and they didn't spawn in.

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/16/2020 at 8:45 PM, Bytefyre said:

 

Thanks for the quick reply!  Yes, I'm certain...at this point, I've got 238/244 kills after Pain Elemental-spawned Lost Souls and Arch-vile resurrections were added to the total count.  Those six cacos are the only enemies remaining at this point.  I tried revisiting both sectors indicated and they didn't spawn in.

 

I had to edit my response, because Bytefyre is correct.

these cacos never show up,

 

It was  the cacos in the next sector to the south which came into play, not the ones from the trap.

 

Edited by Kappes Buur

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

 

The mechanism is such that the player has to cross one of those two linedefs before the cacos can be released.

 

HR2kyiH.png

 

That's quite a clever setup, lowering the 'emprisoning' sectors.

 

[edit]

It takes a while but they do show up eventually, either 4 or 6 depending on difficulty setting.

 

WAZy6eY.png

 

I've tried walking through both of those linedefs numerous times, even punching the air as I did so...no cacos.

Share this post


Link to post

really really really weird bug on console version. On map 21 (on PS4 on ITYTD), I collected the blue key, and went up the lift where I was greeted by several imps, a shotgunner, and a caco, then when I hit the button in front, the Archie pops out. I took him out, then went to another room on the same level, with a revenant. Soon, I backed up, and went to the Archie room, when the screen glitched. I assumed that it was some sort of input lag (though I turned Vsync off), but then, it turned out that I teleported to a huge room with a bunch of Cyberdemons and Mancubi, and revenants on the side. None of which had been woken up. So, I decided to save, and this was a different map slot. There was no screen that separates the two levels, so I immediately knew it was a glitch. Then, I checked the DOOM Wiki to see if I was sent to the secret level after 15 (if so, I would just choose the level I was on, then give myself all weapons). Turned out, I was right. It said it was slot 28, (even though the doom wiki says it is slot 31). I don't actually think this was a glitch the team made, but the Unity port itself. Did this happen to anybody else?

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

There was no screen that separates the two levels, so I immediately knew it was a glitch.

This is one of the main sticking points of your description. It is impossible not to have a status intermission between two levels, this is an absolute (well aside from using IDCLEV but you'd have to have typed that and it will still give you a screen wipe). Yes, even in the "Unity" port, it's still the same engine no matter how you twist it so all the same rules apply. I'm having troubles understanding the rest of your description as well.

Edited by Edward850

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

It is impossible not to have a status intermission between two levels, this is an absolute

Then the levels must somehow be connected, or there is something different in the code. There was no intermission screen, just a screen lag, then teleporting to the level. I think I might have also been in pistol start. 

Share this post


Link to post
29 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Then the levels must somehow be connected, or there is something different in the code. There was no intermission screen, just a screen lag, then teleporting to the level. I think I might have also been in pistol start. 

Have you tried to replay the first map you were playing before the strage glitch happened?
If the glitch happens again, well that something to look up.

Share this post


Link to post
42 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Then the levels must somehow be connected, or there is something different in the code.

Nope (remember this is vanilla, that concept didn't exist until Hexen and Strife) and the code isn't any different. As P41R47 suggested, you'll want to try and reproduce this in detail, it sounds more like you are either mistaken about a detail or missing something crucial, but it's not obvious as to what from your present description.

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, Bytefyre said:

 

I've tried walking through both of those linedefs numerous times, even punching the air as I did so...no cacos.

 

That did not give me any rest, so I went back to MAP06 and eliminated everything which was not required. I believe, I found out why those cacos do not appear. The control sectors do lower when crossing the linedefs, but the cacos never move from their spot. Therefore they do not cross the teleport line, ergo the discrepancy in the total monster killed.

Share this post


Link to post

I tried MAP06 in ZDoom v2.8.1 and the cacos can't teleport out either. But the closets work fine in vanilla engines. I suspect it must be fault of ZDoom engine handling either monster movement or linedef walk-though actions slightly differently. Extending the closet by a few units seems to be an easy fix, so we'll get it done in the next update.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, tchkb said:

I tried MAP06 in ZDoom v2.8.1 and the cacos can't teleport out either. But the closets work fine in vanilla engines. I suspect it must be fault of ZDoom engine handling either monster movement or linedef walk-though actions slightly differently. Extending the closet by a few units seems to be an easy fix, so we'll get it done in the next update.

 

Great, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Edward850 said:

Nope (remember this is vanilla, that concept didn't exist until Hexen and Strife) and the code isn't any different. As P41R47 suggested, you'll want to try and reproduce this in detail, it sounds more like you are either mistaken about a detail or missing something crucial, but it's not obvious as to what from your present description.

did it again, no glitch. And there was definitely no screen between the 2 levels (I'm 1000% certain). I went back and no glitch, so I think it was something with my PS4 itself (the game had an error screen after a minutes of playing map 28). 

Share this post


Link to post

I just played through Map 08 again...I know I brought this up here when I was playing the beta, but in case it was missed, no backtracking after beating the map?  Really?  I actually missed one of the secrets this time, and I really don't want to play the map over again to get it legitimately.  Any chance you guys can add a teleporter somewhere in the final arena or a lift to get out of the blue area and back into the main part of the map in the next version?

Share this post


Link to post

I'm on the last level (well, official level, I assume that the last one will be like the last level in Ep. 1, with no monsters, and just a To Be Continued sign). The Arch-vile map felt like what the Arch-vile maze from Plutonia should have been like. Really good! I loved the last hub map, I don't know how Xaser does it! the lava through the room in the original rooms literally made me go "Wow!" Great job team, can't wait for episode 3!

Share this post


Link to post

Bugs in map20, spoilered

Spoiler

If you unlock the exit gate with just the red key, then do the secret teleporter chain, you get stuck in sector 304. It needs a way to open it from the inside.

The funny thing is, going the other way, getting the other two keys instead, there's a switch to open sector 1604 from the inside. So someone must have realised the problem, and added a workaround. But for only one of the routes.

Also on the teleporter chain, lines 7882-4 face the wrong way, outwards, away from the teleporter destination. So you run to the blue armour, and instead of teleporting again, you just keep on going, over the waterfall edge.

 

demos to illustrate

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×